We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
is buying lye in stores is risky? Options

artistofdivine
#1 Posted : 10/30/2010 9:48:12 AM

Sam

Say, hypothetically of course, someone went into a lowes to buy some 100% lye, just in case they decided to make soap later in their life, or decide to throw it down the drain, whichever. Would you need an ID? Would they ask you sorts of questions? How dangerous is it? Should i buy other things with the lye or would that make it more obvious/not be necessary? Am I being paranoid??
Edit: Do you have to be 18? Would a 17 year old be able to go in and buy lye and if required an ID, may show his school ID because he has never gotten around to even getting a drivers permit because he is too busy with school work and exploring consciousness? What if the school ID is from 1 or 2 years ago? Truely sorry for all this, i just don't want SWIM getting into not-good places.
'What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know, Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection, Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself... Find yourself afraid to see?'

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

artistofdivine
#2 Posted : 10/30/2010 10:38:14 AM

Sam

Will having the materials, ingrediants, and extraction going on at some other consenting person's house be a good idea? Please tell me if i'm being paranoid I need to know.
'What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know, Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection, Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself... Find yourself afraid to see?'

DiMiTriX
#3 Posted : 10/30/2010 11:07:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

uhauhaauh it's strange how is simple to get a gun in US but not lye..here in europe swim could buy without any ask or problem 1 kg of 99% pure lye for 2 euros Wink
Tz'is aná

#4 Posted : 10/30/2010 2:16:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are 17, you shoudn't be reading this btw.
Smile
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

actualfactual
#5 Posted : 10/30/2010 3:26:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jimm wrote:
they will need your social security number

this! picture id (drivers license) and social security card will need to be copied Shocked

1664 wrote:
If you are 17, you shoudn't be reading this btw. Smile

also this!

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 10/30/2010 4:10:38 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Hi artistofdivine,

I read here that you are 17. According to our attitude page you have to be at least 18 years old for this site, this wa also stated in the sign up page! As such you have been suspended for one year.

Please understand that for the sake of this site all members have to be at least 18 years old. 18 year is in most countries the legal age of adulthood.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Vector
#7 Posted : 10/31/2010 4:06:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

no offense, but DMT is not kid shit. I was 23 when I first tried it and I honestly think I was a little too young for it then and waited 4 years before even sampling the spice again. I know we're not the same person and you might be in a different headspace that most other 18 year olds, but I'm still a bit nervous for you; not that the experience itself would be bad, but that you'd be unable to integrate it into your life properly and go a slight bit mad as a result.

don't be in such a hurry to jump into hyperspace; its not going anywhere. spend a few years getting to know this world a little better...do some traveling, go to raves, eat mushrooms, get laid, make friends, etc.

not trying to be preachy or elitist, I just think that at 18 years old there's a lot of shit going on in your head that you need to become aware of and gain control of before you start ripping apart the fabric of reality.

just my 2¢

proto-pax
#8 Posted : 11/1/2010 2:32:10 PM

bird-brain

Don't let other people know you're extracting schedule one drugs, and don't run extractions in your parents house.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Autodidactic
#9 Posted : 11/1/2010 4:54:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM bought some lye at ace hardware, He didn't have to sign anything or show his ID, but the girl that was at the register said a whole bunch of weird text came up on the register and startled her when she was ringing it up. I didn't ask what it said but my guess is it said something like this product is used in meth production or something.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

Potter
#10 Posted : 11/1/2010 5:33:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

If one is purchasing a potentially watched substance, they should know what it's legitimate uses are and not be getting other suspicious things, especially if they have different legitimate uses. Make sure to think this list out beforehand.

I knew a kid who wanted to get into fire spinning, so he went to the hardware store to get steel pipes, kerosene, and then went and asked for kevlar. He looked like a gutter punk and didn't really know how to explain what he was doing, and they assumed he was trying to make bombs. When the cops showed up he was found to have a toy gun on him and was promptly hauled away to jail.

It is just a matter of some logic and thinking things through.

And don't be doing chemistry at ANY parent's house. If you are to young to have a safe lab, then it's not time to be doing extractions.