We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Coca-Tea Extraction Options

amor_fati
#1 Posted : 9/4/2008 8:39:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

I found this tek at the shroomery. It seems to be a good reference, as the yield claim is right around where I've come to expect.

"Psychedelic Chemistry" on erowid also has some good info.

I vaguely remember seeing some good info on the drugs-forum--a whole tek in fact.

Anyway from what I've gathered about coca extraction, salting, and pulling from powdered material, I'm quite certain that one could perform a standard STB tek followed by salting, using only Na2CO3, HCL, Acetone, Naphtha, and water. My tentatively proposed method would be to:
[edited]

I've heard that cocaine-HCl crystallizes well in petroleum-ether but not in acetone, which is why I chose the similar and more available naphtha. I've also heard that methanol works well. I've been considering whether NaOH would be better than Na2CO3 or not, but I believe that the lower ph and the minimal amount of solution used would make Na2CO3 the better candidate.

A step could be implemented to boost the yield by using sulfuric acid and potassium permanganate to synthesize cocaine from the ecgonine found in the coca; I know very little about this process or where one could find the two chemicals required. I'll look into it though.

The yield from coca is reportedly between 0.50% and 0.64%. Powdered coca is available from within the US.

No discussion of cocaine extraction allowed on this forum. Topic Locked

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.