We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A/B final product? Options

cker
#1 Posted : 10/29/2010 7:10:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know what type of DMT salt is formed after an A/B extraction (for instance the Vovin tek)? Towards the end of the tek, the basified DMT is in a Naptha solution as a freebase (I suppose). Then the naptha is evaporated and crystals form. I think the crystals must be some type of salt, but I'm not sure what the anion would be. Is it a hydroxide? Is the freebase pulling CO2 out of the air to form a carbonate? Perhaps I'm all goofed up and am just missing something?

Whatever the form of the salt, would there be any advantage in forming some other type of salt that might make the molecule more stable over time?

thanks,
cker

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/29/2010 7:18:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Its freebase.. Looks like you need to be reading the FAQ

Please explore the FAQ and WIKI for a few days. Happy readings

cker
#3 Posted : 10/29/2010 9:08:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Endless...I just read the FAQ's you pointed me to and I realize I didn't ask my question very well. Let me try again:

Regarding strong bases, if you leave them exposed to air, they suck compounds out of the air and form salts. For instance, if you leave some dry Sodium Hydroxide out in the air, it picks up water and CO2 from the air to form a wet blob of NaOH and NaCO3. I could imagine DMT freebase would do the same thing. I also read about exposure to oxygen and how the DMT will convert to DMT-N-oxide.

So my question is about what happens to make DMT degrade over time. I'm wondering if any salts form from exposure to air and if these salts contribute to N-oxide formation? Would it be useful to deliberately convert the freebase to a specific salt to enhance stability over time?

Perhaps that question falls into a 'no one knows' category. Anyway, I'll keep reading....

Thanks again....cker

ragabr
#4 Posted : 10/30/2010 12:37:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It appears to me that your questions is completely answered here, in the FAQ.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

cker
#5 Posted : 10/30/2010 6:32:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the help. This forum is a bit vast. There's a lot to absorb, even in the FAQs.

Sincerely....cker