We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Would shrooms help pre-flight anxiety? Options

The Centre
#1 Posted : 10/28/2010 7:43:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would it help to take like 4g of some good shrooms and wait till you are smiling so much that your cheeks hurt, and then take the DMT? Will that result in a more euphoric experience? I am having trouble with some pre-flight anxiety... I realize this will also lead to a more intense experience, but I am wondering if it will be easier if you are already way out there...

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gammagore
#2 Posted : 10/28/2010 9:32:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While I still havent had the pleasure of a journey while on fungi, I think its not a very good idea to take 4grams of shrooms to help with the anxiety. If you have issues with the effects of DMT, then sort through those issues first.

Dude, maybe DMT is just not for you!! Or just start with a really low dose of freebase and ease into the experience.

andeje
#3 Posted : 10/28/2010 9:39:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think I agree with gammagore on this one. If it was me I would not want to take the chance of riding out a mushroom trip after having a bad DMT experience. I just think you'd only be making things worse. I've seen a number of posts and topics with alot of great suggestions for overcoming/controlling your fear. As he stated maybe it's just not for you. No shame in that!

The Mind lets in the light, then the dark, in interaction; so time is generated.
At the end Mind awards victory to the light; time ceases and the Mind is complete.
-Philip K. Dick

http://www.vortext.com/amnesis/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ubu
#4 Posted : 10/28/2010 10:25:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:
Dude, maybe DMT is just not for you!! Or just start with a really low dose of freebase and ease into the experience.

I totally agree.

The Centre, you are asking for trouble:

- You are suffering from anxiety but insist in smoke DMT.

- You told us you never experienced a good journey but you insist in smoke DMT.

- In another post you completely freaked out, but you insist in smoke DMT.

This does not sound a good, smart choice. No way.

Take a breath, do something else for a while. Stop thinking obsessively about DMT. Take some care with your life.

The symptons you are experiencing are signaling something to you. Try to learn with it. That is a great oportunity. Do not throw it out the window.
You have to be in Hell to see Heaven - W. Burroughs

Ubu is a surreal personage. Everything he does is pure fiction. Everything he says is pure nonsense.

MooshyPeaches
#5 Posted : 10/28/2010 10:35:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if the anxiety comes from within, why only use substances of the external? I'd say cut the middle man, meditate and just smoke the DMT

biopsylo
#6 Posted : 10/29/2010 12:52:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

a couple flights ago i had some real anxiety beforehand. so much so, that i put it off for a couple months. finally, i just got myself to relax, and took three big rips. it was a beautiful break thru with bright blue sky and intense streaming sunlight with creatures with eyes coming right at my mouth. i found myself vocalizing strange noises, (which had a noticeable effect on the hallucinations) and by the end of it i was chuckling because of how safe i felt and the sheer beauty of the experience and how silly i was for being afraid.
just breathe.

The Centre
#7 Posted : 10/29/2010 8:39:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The funny thing is, I have this feeling that my main problem is just the insanely fast onset. I have no time to let go. By the time I have let go and relaxed, the trip is nearly over.

I have done DMT since I posted this, a sub-breakthrough dose, and although it was initially jarring, I rode it off fairly euphoric.
I feel it is just that my body needs to get used to the insane vibration.

I am saving a breakthrough dose for New Years.

I think my biggest problem was that I kind of forgot that this is DMT we are talking about here, not weed with some colours added to it.

It might be a good idea to try the DMT at the end of a mushroom trip, maybe not on a mushroom trip itself.

I did say I have never had a good experience with DMT, but I must admit that I have only broken through once, and done sub-breakthrough twice.

Also I have to admit I have a bit to much going on in my life at the moment to really be messing around with heavy psychedelics. Once I have the opportunity to really fully let go and forget completely about everything else, and after having an awesomely good day, then I'll go down there again.

I will just finish what I have to see if anything good comes out of it, and if nothing useful comes from the experiences, I will forget about it for at least until my entire life situation changes dramatically, and see where that leads.
I actually realize that I have letting go issues with a lot of areas in my life right now, and that until I have sorted that out, I cannot use DMT. Mushrooms should still be fine, I have never had problems with mushrooms.