We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
sweetening aya brew/reducing nausea/consumption tips Options

artistofdivine
#1 Posted : 10/29/2010 1:11:30 PM

Sam

Any tips on how to down that bitter tea? Right now all I can do is just no matter what i do, do not smell it. Its like back in the day when i used to down cough syrup to get the DXM effects, smelling it just makes you dread it even more and makes that first sip all the more disgusting. Everytime i take a swig i try to take at least 2 or even 3 gulps, then chase it with a soda. And when i'm all done, or can't possibly stomach anymore i just ride out the nausea, breathing really slowly and trying not to move around much. And i read about ginger reducing nausea, so far i've only tried crystallized ginger which i don't think helped much, but today i will be trying the pickled ginger that you get with sushi meals/california rolls at the store.
'What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know, Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection, Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself... Find yourself afraid to see?'

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

mistmann
#2 Posted : 10/29/2010 2:46:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

put sugar in it? i did this and it made it easier but by all mean its still nasty just not punching your tonsils nasty.chase with oj, do it in shot glasses, oj aya oj aya oj! that also made it easier on me. but i used the one with lots of pulp that was bad idea. and your right i plug my nose when i do it too before i even get around it i put my swimmer plug on my nose and down para scope. but i thought about making jello shots in one oz cups and you don't chew just swallow jello whole, never tried it cause some one told me it would be a bad idea but i will still try it Razz
I've done aya three times and this is all my exp so far so maybe some one else will have a better way.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 10/29/2010 4:58:33 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

You can add a solution of sodium bicarbonate to help neutralize the acid and this will help improve the taste. The only thing to be aware of if you go this route is that you will need to drink the sludge to ensure that if any harmalas precipitated due to the rise in pH you still ingest them.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 10/29/2010 6:18:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

first question i have is why arent you reducing more? i dont think i could take 3 or more big mouthful gulps either and its not necessary. get your dose down to a shot glass and stop the torture Laughing
ive reduced down to 1/2 oz before. that was a bit too far but it happened because i got distracted while it was on the stove. it still worked just the same.

ive also found iced coffee to be the best chaser. the acidity is so close to the aya in taste that coffee masks the aya perfectly.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

artistofdivine
#5 Posted : 10/29/2010 6:25:27 PM

Sam

nice suggestions guys. Yeah i've reduced down to almost a shot before but i have fear of losing the alkaloids, and also the shot just gets that much stronger the more you reduce it. Yeah i would chase it with oj but i haven't had any lately, just shasta coke. the sodium bicarbonate sounds interesting but i think that eating/drinking the sludge would just send my gag reflex over the edge. And i just might try the iced coffee next time. Smile
'What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know, Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection, Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself... Find yourself afraid to see?'

olympus mon
#6 Posted : 10/29/2010 7:27:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

artistofdivine wrote:
Yeah i've reduced down to almost a shot before but i have fear of losing the alkaloids,

where are they going to disappear to my brutha? Laughing

ms_manic_minxx
#7 Posted : 10/29/2010 7:43:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chocolate almond milk, agave/maple syrup, a banana, blend! It also helps to coat your mouth with something like agave/maple syrup before shooting back... the less that touches the tongue, the better.

Reducing your brew down to almost nothing should not negatively impact efficacy. I usually reduce 2 kilos to 8 fluid ounces and it is intensely potent. Pleased
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 10/29/2010 7:50:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
I usually reduce 2 kilos to 8 fluid ounces and it is intensely potent. Pleased

Shocked holy cow!!!Shocked yea id say its potent! your can use a tea spoon to dose i bet.