We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
a couples of fair questions of tek Options

artistofdivine
#1 Posted : 10/29/2010 7:08:03 AM

Sam

I am doing the nature boy tek on the shroomery and i only have 40 grams of MHRB left and it says the ratio is 600cc's water to 100 gram lye to 100 gram mhrb so i did the math and the amounts for my amount would be 240cc's to 40 grams lye to 40 grams mhrb. The thing is that i dont really have anything that measures cc's. However the US Cup is 250cc's so would i be alright using a cup of water? should i raise the amount of lye if i use 10 more cc's or am i just being overly obsessive/concerned about getting this right? actually now that i look at what i just said... 10cc's. Am i being completely ridiculous? I just really don't wanna screw up my first extraction. And anyways i think i would rather evap my naphtha than freeze precipitate cause i don't have a very cold freezer and evap would be faster? I don't care if its crystal or not.
'What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know, Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection, Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself... Find yourself afraid to see?'

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 10/29/2010 9:04:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can use a cup of water, just add enough water to make it watery. Dont stress too much about the base, just carry on adding the base till the whole soup is black and imulsion free.

So, take your 1 cups worth of water, add this to a bigger glass jar, then slowly add the lye, once its cool enough to handle add this to the mimosa. Give it a good ol mix around and carry on with the tek.

If you have no freezer thats fine to, you can re-x later on if needed to clean it up.

artistofdivine
#3 Posted : 10/29/2010 12:11:40 PM

Sam

alright sounds good. its just i've never done this before and just worried and stuff. so you think i should do about 45 grams then? that sounds about right, after all, a little extra lye don't hurt the thing right?
Edit: Since i'm only extracting from 40g mhrb and i am definitely going to order more, can someone point me to the fastest/easiest tek? or just tell me the minimum time that i should take for each step? Like i read somewhere about shaking it once every 15min for 2h (i think during the naoh soak, cause doing that after adding the naphtha would cause emulsion? right?) Oh and like how many ml of naphtha should i use for each pull, in ratio to the other ingrediants?
'What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know, Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection, Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself... Find yourself afraid to see?'