We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quid vs Extract Options

pfxtc
#1 Posted : 10/14/2010 7:21:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What do you all prefer? I've read where you just take a leaf and soak it on your mouth for awhile which would be called a quid? How does this compare to the extracts? I've smoked it twice with pretty terrible results, just left me sweaty and paranoid, and I'd like to try it again and was just curious what I should try this time.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Apoc
#2 Posted : 10/14/2010 8:01:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They are quite different in my experience, hardly even comparable. The quid for me is a lot more visionary. The smoke experience is very mysterious and dificult to comprehend, unless you're in it. You would probably have to use more than a single leaf for a good quid. Good quidded episodes have led to some great visionary experiences on my end. Good smoke experiences have led to total mystification.

ElusiveMind
#3 Posted : 10/14/2010 8:59:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Like Apoc has mentioned, they are hardly similar and drastically differ in intensity and clarity IMO.

Quiding allows for a more visionary journey which SWIM can comprehend compared to smoking. The key words here are VISIONARY and COMPREHEND. Yes, smoking creates more VISUALS IMO since SWIM is so out of it that SWIM can't compile the visuals into a meaning (visions). SWIM also finds the quiding to be easier on the mind for, in SWIM's experiences anyways, SWIM has been able to open SWIMs eyes and ground SWIMself if the experience is becoming too harsh. Smoking on the other hand leaves you no option to suddenly snap back

Quiding though for SWIM requires quite a reverse tolerance though before SWIM gets any major results. SWIM first created a stronger reverse tolerance by smoking 5x to build one up quickly, then over time moved down to plain leaf, and now quids with a good reverse tolerance that helps SWIM not use as much of this amazing plant to obtain desirable effects. But find your own root to your visions and enjoy Wink
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Metanoia
#4 Posted : 10/15/2010 4:50:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's all been said, pretty much. The only thing I can suggest is to try smoking again, but with plain leaf. It's easier to cultivate a relationship with the plant when you ease into the experience with some plain leaf. And if you really don't want to smoke it, you can soak some leaves in some water and then quid them and see how that works for you.

I completely agree with what's being said about smoking vs. quidding. Smoking (especially extracts) can make for an experience that is hard to make sense of. Quidding can provide some true visionary states that tend to be easier to assimilate.

burningmouth
#5 Posted : 10/15/2010 11:45:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Location: Forever riding the rotating molecular structure of interconnecting peoploids.
Quidding requires stuffing alot of leaves (20?) in your mouth. I find that quidding is light on the visuals but heavy on the sense of spiritual affinity with lady salvia.

Extract is where intense visuals creates intense theories about our place in the universe.

gibran2
#6 Posted : 10/15/2010 2:43:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

burningmouth wrote:
Quidding requires stuffing alot of leaves (20?) in your mouth. I find that quidding is light on the visuals but heavy on the sense of spiritual affinity with lady salvia.

Extract is where intense visuals creates intense theories about our place in the universe.

I guess I’ll have to pull out my trusty old “13 pairs” photo again.

The attached photo shows what 13 pairs of average-sized fresh salvia leaves look like. That is the traditional amount taken when quidding.
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
13 pairs.jpg (47kb) downloaded 200 time(s).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jbark
#7 Posted : 10/15/2010 3:22:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I never tire of the 13 leaf photo, Gibran2!!

I have wanted to try quidding for quite some time, but 3 of my 5 plants have died off (terrible accident involving stairs, an amp & a drunk musician...) Another is on its way out, and the last one is growing very slowly after nearly succumbing to a double whack of pestilence and disease... I have harvested 2 small ziplock bags of leaves that I have dried, but i am sure quidding dries leaves would up the gag factor quite a bit... Maybe next summer a quid session will materialize - if I can coddle this last plant back to health (my winter plan is basement artificial light (full spectrum tubes) and a bimonthly dose of miracle grow).

wish me luck!! Sorry I don't have any useful advice for the OP...

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

pfxtc
#8 Posted : 10/16/2010 3:09:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Are leafs sold or must they be grown? I've never seen any for sale.

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 10/16/2010 7:17:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pfxtc wrote:
Are leafs sold or must they be grown? I've never seen any for sale.

Many vendors sell the plain leaves as well as the extracts. The plain leaf is much, much cheaper as well. Very worthwhile investment.

proto-pax
#10 Posted : 10/27/2010 4:37:02 AM

bird-brain

just did some extract.

woooooooow.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Metanoia
#11 Posted : 10/29/2010 3:40:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

proto-pax wrote:
just did some extract.

woooooooow.

Maybe write up a report? Pleased