We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Difference in caapi vine sections Options

dpwishy
#1 Posted : 10/28/2010 4:26:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Whats the difference between Freshly Chipped Pieces, caapi Vine Pieces????
Which is different than Shredded....

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 10/28/2010 6:46:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vine pieces are whole pieces of the vine, not hammered into small pieces. The shredded is the same plant material, but shredded into small pieces. Isn't this kinda obvious? Some people claim that dealing with whole vine conserves more of the potency of the plant, and they may be correct, especially if it's stored for a long time.

However, I personally enjoy using shredded vine, as you then don't need to break the vine into small pieces personally. Others would argue that shredding ones vine is an important step in the preparation, which may be seen upon as a part of the experience itself. I'd say that's far from wrong.

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 10/28/2010 7:25:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

ive learned a lot and become more in tune with caapi when i pound out my vine, but after doing it a bunch of times i would also like to have some shredded on hand for rainy days when i cant get out side to hammer or im just not in the mood.

dpwishy- some vendors advertise "freshly chipped/shredded" caapi. this is a good thing it means the supplier doesnt shred the vine until its been ordered so its very fresh.

i could see oxidation happening more quickly storing chipped vine but what the hell, probably not leaps and bounds difference and you could always just put you vine in deep freeze.

ive never used it yet but i bet machine shredded vine is Da Bomb.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.