We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Shroom trip just like pharma Options

Global
#1 Posted : 10/24/2010 4:00:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I hadn't done shrooms in over 2 years until yesterday. The other two times I've done it, I took half an eighth and had very visual experiences with overwhelming emotional turbulence. Those experiences were dominated by visual distortions of consensual reality such as the perceived inflation/deflation of my hands and size distortion with objects and what not. Yesterday I ate a full eighth, and the experience was identical to that of a pharma trip. I perceived very little to no size distortion at all, but was instead treated to a jungle of patterns much like my pharma trips. The patterns were identical to those of DMT, if not a bit more abundant. Had someone just dosed me and I wouldn't have even known what I took, I would've thought unconditionally that I had ingested DMT. What seemed to be the basic building blocks of the patterns that I saw were these octagons (or similar-sided polygons) of blue, purple, green, pink and red light. I have to wonder if my visuals would have turned out very different from the same batch of shrooms had I not done such recent and thorough experimentation with DMT.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

magickpsychonaut
#2 Posted : 10/24/2010 5:55:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi there,
Here's my theory from my own subjective experience: I think that the entheogens can have inter-relational effects on each other. For example, now when I drink more than 2 beers (which is defintely NOT an entheogen) I start to see slight visuals similar to past journeys on succulents. I also have this when I've had journeys on the green Mary Jane. In fact, from just Mary Jane, I can see the environment become fluid again, not as intense as on a full trip, but quite profound enough to make me want to write or meditate.

I think that your mind, brain, body and spirit are permanently changed for the better when you journey/trip, so expect some of that to re-appear on other entheogens, because in essence everything you experience is your mind. The shrooms just take the veil away, your mind does the rest. Just my view on it, so please don't take it as gospel. Hope this helps.
"Talent does what it can, Genius does what it must"

Capt_Bones
#3 Posted : 10/24/2010 7:21:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just saw this and had to comment!
The other day a friend had a some fresh shrooms (I had never tried fresh before but other friends had told me they were different) I had smoked a small amount of spice to meditate on after work and before going to his house. After eating aprox a half 8th if they had been dried, we settled in to watch fear and loathing, as it was too cold and windy out and I had never seen the full movie before (books still better Cool ).

Now i have never done pharma. but i have my SHARE of deem experiences.
The body high was amazing, the classic healing warmth like liquid foam energy running through my body, the visuals were light but exactly as you described, also i was focused on the movie alot while being balled up in my body.
I was so comfortable, warm and at peace. Lots of natural deem release or some bufo probably in teh caps.

So my questions to you global...
Were yours fresh?
When was the "such recent and thorough experimentation with DMT." any the same day? i have noticed this always effects the visuals of other entheogens (duh when on them, I am talking before come up or a little after ingestion)

The D M T is in your mind.

d3rf
#4 Posted : 10/24/2010 8:22:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

4-Phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyl-tryptamine would be the compound name for psilocybin so im not suprised to hear some peopole have similar experiences, i must say although i've never tried pharma/aya (just spice) that my experiences with fungii and spice we're alike only in the sense of visuals...(not even visuals of the same kind, just the fact they are both hallucinogens)

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 10/24/2010 9:11:04 PM

John Murdoch IV

d3rf wrote:
4-Phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethyl-tryptamine would be the compound name for psilocybin so im not suprised to hear some peopole have similar experiences, i must say although i've never tried pharma/aya (just spice) that my experiences with fungii and spice we're alike only in the sense of visuals...(not even visuals of the same kind, just the fact they are both hallucinogens)

Psilocybin metabolizes into psilocin which is 4-hydroxy-dimethyltryptamine. So yes very related.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Global
#6 Posted : 10/25/2010 12:16:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Capt_Bones wrote:
Just saw this and had to comment!
The other day a friend had a some fresh shrooms (I had never tried fresh before but other friends had told me they were different) I had smoked a small amount of spice to meditate on after work and before going to his house. After eating aprox a half 8th if they had been dried, we settled in to watch fear and loathing, as it was too cold and windy out and I had never seen the full movie before (books still better Cool ).

Now i have never done pharma. but i have my SHARE of deem experiences.
The body high was amazing, the classic healing warmth like liquid foam energy running through my body, the visuals were light but exactly as you described, also i was focused on the movie alot while being balled up in my body.
I was so comfortable, warm and at peace. Lots of natural deem release or some bufo probably in teh caps.

So my questions to you global...
Were yours fresh?
When was the "such recent and thorough experimentation with DMT." any the same day? i have noticed this always effects the visuals of other entheogens (duh when on them, I am talking before come up or a little after ingestion)

I can certainly relate to the "comfortable, warm and at peace" sentiments from my pharma trips. Never in my life have I been as comfortable as with those experiences. My shrooms did seem to be relatively fresh, and although I hadn't smoked DMT that day, I had taken pharma a few days before that and vaped DMT during that experience as well. MJ is also enough to get the basic visual structures I see on DMT going as well, including simply waking from a dream too.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 10/25/2010 1:54:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Since encountering DMT and ayahuasca I have noticed that my subsequent mushroom experiences have tended to be very similar in nature to these, more so than before, with some experiences and mushrooms being remarkably similar to those provided by DMT/pharma. Copelandia cyanescens in particular, they have this amazing clarity and vividness.

soulfood
#8 Posted : 10/25/2010 4:31:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've definately noticed a similarity especially on the CEV front, but mushrooms show me tentacles rather than serpents Smile

jbark
#9 Posted : 10/25/2010 4:55:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a hypothesis. Ehem...

Maybe DMT, and I believe Salvia as well (likely for different reasons than is hypothesized here), open up parts of our brain, creating, accessing and employing new neural circuits that were heretofore inactive or less active. Once these channels/pathways/areas are opened they are more easily accessed through various serotonin analogues (and perhaps by serotonin on its own; this might account for the "flashback phenomenon) like psilocin, LSD (not strictly a tryptamine, but sharing molecular similarities and I believe working on some of the same receptor sites), bufotenine etc.

Tryptamines crossing the blood brain barrier have perhaps more receptor sites available to act on the serotegeneric system (all being related by their basic DMT molecule), creating a "DMT-like" experience with the absorption of enough psilocin or other psychoactive tryptamine.

I have certainly noted this phenomena, and have commented on it in THIS TRIP REPORT and THIS ONE as well.

In addition, but not accounted for in this hypothesis, I occasionally experience DMT like flashbacks on small to moderate amounts of cannabis on the rare occasions that I smoke. I have noticed also that this effect diminishes in relation to the the amount of time that has passed since I last used DMT. The closer the two trips, the more marked the effect.

Clearly I am not a neurologist, and while I have a (very limited) scientific background, I am by no measure a scientist, and the above hypothesis is only half-baked conjecture, and should be taken as and built on as such.Smile

Oh, and out of the scope of this hypothesis but as mentioned, Salvia has contributed greatly to this phenomenon, despite my not having consumed any in almost 2 years...

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Bancopuma
#10 Posted : 10/25/2010 5:21:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like your theory jbark and I think you might be on to something.

On a slight tangent, I remember a few years ago, smoking a little marijuana in the late stages of a mushroom experience. I smoked only a little, but it was powerful, and I smoked it alone in a pipe. When it hit me, I FULLY experienced a Salvia trip...I was in that same weird, discombobulated headspace that is just so uniquely Salvia. Was pretty spooky at the time, I expected a little bliss and warmth and was flung into a very intense Salvia experience, and it lasted longer than Salvia does too.

Eden
#11 Posted : 10/28/2010 5:01:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is something I have been wondering about for a couple months now.
Since working more extensively with DMT, the nature of all other psychedelics have changed drastically.

Mushrooms are almost identical to a good pharma, CEV's exactly as mentioned by soulfood:
soulfood wrote:
I've definitely noticed a similarity especially on the CEV front, but mushrooms show me tentacles rather than serpents Smile

OEV's are nearly non existent, this with multiple strains...

Cannabis has become absurdly powerful; I can only handle smoking once or twice a month. One inhale left me laying on my bed for 1.5hr this weekend, nearly paralyzed and unable to form coherent words. One of the scariest voyages into insanity I have ever experienced...flung into a dark corner of hyperspace with none of the lucidity of DMT to guide me.

Something has been unlocked, unknown doors are being opened.

SHroomtroll
#12 Posted : 10/28/2010 11:22:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried top flat mushrooms for the first time a few weeks ago, i had only done cubensis a few times before.

I took 30 of these small psilbin bombs about 30mins after ingested syrian rue tea(about 3g)

After about 30mins i had very strong oev´s and cev´s

And the general feel of the trip reminded me of my mimosa rue sesions.

One fun thing i remeber is that i saw some cev´s of cows eating grass, the shrooms were picked at a field with cows Very happy

universecannon
#13 Posted : 10/28/2010 6:45:16 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

jbark wrote:
I have a hypothesis. Ehem...

Maybe DMT, and I believe Salvia as well (likely for different reasons than is hypothesized here), open up parts of our brain, creating, accessing and employing new neural circuits that were heretofore inactive or less active. Once these channels/pathways/areas are opened they are more easily accessed through various serotonin analogues (and perhaps by serotonin on its own; this might account for the "flashback phenomenon) like psilocin, LSD (not strictly a tryptamine, but sharing molecular similarities and I believe working on some of the same receptor sites), bufotenine etc.

Tryptamines crossing the blood brain barrier have perhaps more receptor sites available to act on the serotegeneric system (all being related by their basic DMT molecule), creating a "DMT-like" experience with the absorption of enough psilocin or other psychoactive tryptamine.

I have certainly noted this phenomena, and have commented on it in THIS TRIP REPORT and THIS ONE as well.

In addition, but not accounted for in this hypothesis, I occasionally experience DMT like flashbacks on small to moderate amounts of cannabis on the rare occasions that I smoke. I have noticed also that this effect diminishes in relation to the the amount of time that has passed since I last used DMT. The closer the two trips, the more marked the effect.

Clearly I am not a neurologist, and while I have a (very limited) scientific background, I am by no measure a scientist, and the above hypothesis is only half-baked conjecture, and should be taken as and built on as such.Smile

Oh, and out of the scope of this hypothesis but as mentioned, Salvia has contributed greatly to this phenomenon, despite my not having consumed any in almost 2 years...

JBArk

Good post! i agree, something like this definitely seems to be able to happen. I've read many reports of the cannabis high changing character quite drastically after psychedelics like dmt or lsd, and have also expereinced this a lot myself. With lsd there has been a marked change as well; once i started using tryptamines more, lsd too seems to have opened up in a new way, leading me to similar states that dmt does. Its like once those neuronal connections are established they become easier to turn on and travel down next time, and can even be invoked by a different means altogether. Our brains are so mysterious!

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"