We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Questions from a first timer, dosage and MAOI Options

rave420
#1 Posted : 10/28/2010 2:42:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

i know somebody that is interested in a pharmahuasca experience. The person has a lot of experience with Changa, smoked Freebase, and IM/Snorted fumarate.

I plan on taking an MAOI, yet, i am unsure about what to recommend.
I know that there are several different MAOI's one may choose, that they have different strengths and binding affinities, and that some bind reversibly and some irreversibly.

I have two approaches i would like to run past you more experienced users.

1st, i plan on dosing MAOI's for two days before the experience begins, and to maintain a high concentration of inhibited MAO. Basically i would like to establish a complete block of the MAO enzyme system. This can be done with irreversible MAOI's, or by a constant low dose of other reversible MAOI's (harmala alkaloids). This sounds like the more challenging way, since i have to watch my diet the month we plan on taking the journey. However, the benefits are that i am guaranteed to be effected by the DMT, since all the enzymes breaking it down are shot prior to ingestion.

2nd, i could plan on dosing a moderate to strong dose of MAOI before the experience. This sounds like i need to pay attention to my time variables a lot, and the MAOI i take may not be strong enough.

For MAOI's, what are the common dosages that are suggested? I read around a bit and found it varies WILDLY.
The person that will be doing the experience is a 125lbs individual, which plans to consume around 80mg of DMT.
Would there be a benefit at all, from pre-loading with MAOI's the days prior, to maintain a level of MAOI's in the body?

what would you suggest for a moderate to strong experience?

any input appreciated Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Once
#2 Posted : 10/28/2010 5:14:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Rave,

I have no experience with MAOI dosing days in advance, however I do have some Pharma experience. Granted dosages appear to be different for everyone, I have had success with 200mg Harmala Alkaloids. I usually keep a 40mg booster nearby but often don't feel the need. My traveling partners have also been well served by this dose. For me 50mg DMT is light but great, and 90mg is amazing bordering on a little too much.
I hope your travels go well! I highly suggest keeping a booster dose loaded with 40mg DMT and 40mg Harmalas nearby to take if you find yourself wanting more.

Good Luck,
Once
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.