We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT dorm bust: the opposite of synchronicity? Options

pau
#1 Posted : 10/25/2010 9:56:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmmm ... a "dmt dorm bust" at the same time we had an active thread about the subject, a thread initiated by a guy (a brand new Nexian) who wanted to extract in a dorm.

There's a more mundane explanation of this timing than "synchronicity":
Maybe HE WAS THE GUY!

(Too bad he didn't follow the good advice.)
WHOA!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

digital_phreedom
#2 Posted : 10/25/2010 10:00:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That sucks.. Is there an article about it somewhere?
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

Attention All Shipping
#3 Posted : 10/25/2010 10:07:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

digital_phreedom
#4 Posted : 10/25/2010 10:12:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^
Thanks!
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

KwisatzHaderach
#5 Posted : 10/26/2010 2:27:45 AM

everything is becoming

Yea Pau,

The synchronicity of when I and my journeyman friend, found this article. I was notified to the bust by the Nexus link. A few minutes after reading it, I get a phone call from my friend who stumbled upon it (literally) reading random articles on the web. He is also a member of the nexus, and he proposed that it was the guy who posted that thread asking if extracting in the dorm was a good idea (also a chilling read to reread with that perspective).

But this event does not put anything in a good light and I'm sure we'll be feeling vibrations :S

peace and love
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

Capt_Bones
#6 Posted : 10/26/2010 3:08:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

makes you wonder if maybe they pulled a IP and it was good they evaced so quick so no one would know who called in about the smell hahaha...
probably not but it makes you wonder Very happy
The D M T is in your mind.

pau
#7 Posted : 10/26/2010 5:42:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Whao there Kwisatz! Now I got my un-synchronicity guard up:

If the poster WAS indeed "the dorm guy", then quick, what't the first thing that comes to mind that explains why he got busted right after posting?

Because THEY were reading his posts here, too, and knew where he was... !!! ???

We do have a - admittedly synchronic - thread going on the last few days about meta-tags in cell phone pics. Now, I'm no genius about this stuff, but could SOMETHING in his posts have sent out the wrong vibes to the dmt-busters .... who figured out right where to find him?

WHOA!

obliguhl
#8 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:10:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If all, it IS synchronicity. For Jung, a synchronicity is a MEANINGFUL coincidence which normaly can't happen. The dorm bust could be a friendly reminder: Everyone out there thinking about it: Don't. It's too risky.

olympus mon
#9 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:15:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

pau wrote:
Whao there Kwisatz! Now I got my un-synchronicity guard up:

If the poster WAS indeed "the dorm guy", then quick, what't the first thing that comes to mind that explains why he got busted right after posting?

Because THEY were reading his posts here, too, and knew where he was... !!! ???

We do have a - admittedly synchronic - thread going on the last few days about meta-tags in cell phone pics. Now, I'm no genius about this stuff, but could SOMETHING in his posts have sent out the wrong vibes to the dmt-busters .... who figured out right where to find him?

thats getting a little conspiracy-ish for me. id say the tray of evaporating naphtha Laughing would be way more likely than a cell phone pic or ip addy being traced back.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

ragabr
#10 Posted : 10/26/2010 11:55:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The article I read said they had constructed a ventilation system and that a third individual who didn't attend the university was involved. Of course, "ventilation system" could be DEA speak for window fan, but it definitely sounds like they weren't being exactly discrete, and all of the dorm rooms I've seen were never exactly "private," even with tapestries hung over the doorways.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 10/27/2010 12:26:34 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Apparently they were busted for selling k2 out of the dorm room...which makes no sense but would provide a more legit reason for cops to conduct the initial search rather than an RA and/or other university personnel. As K2 is legal in the District, the report stating that it was being sold out of the dorm and this is what led police there makes me very curious, especially as the police made the explicit statement that it was not the smell of solvents, but a tip-off from someone smoking k2 outside the dorm. Again, the timing seems off or there may be things omitted from the police report, or it could all be some sort of cover-up as to how they found it (but that doesn't make much sense/fit Occam's razor). Whatever the "real" truth is, it will probably become more apparent as their actual court case progresses.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

The Traveler
#12 Posted : 10/27/2010 9:52:46 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Capt_Bones wrote:
makes you wonder if maybe they pulled a IP and it was good they evaced so quick so no one would know who called in about the smell hahaha...
probably not but it makes you wonder Very happy

It's impossible to retrieve an IP of any user of the DMT-Nexus without my consent and I will never agree to have a third party take a peek on the server. The only thing that could happen is that the university (or any company that you work at) is logging which sites you visit.

And even then, the communication between your computer and the DMT-Nexus is encrypted (SSL) and you need a REALLY fast computer farm to crack that in a reasonable time to see what you are posting on the forum. Such computer time is way to expensive to crack the data from dorm people let alone that they get a warrant for that, just a legal dorm search is much easier.

That said however, what they can do is log which sites you visit and if you visit any entheogen forum they can more easely triage their dorm searches. So better be sure you don't have anything problematic at your dorm. Besides a dorm, as pointed out in earlier threads/posts, is NOT a good place for any entheogenic activity. Even more, any entheogenic activity in a place thats is not legally yours is wrong since you can endanger the legal owners so DON'T do it.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

defunkt
#13 Posted : 10/27/2010 3:05:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It's impossible to retrieve an IP of any user of the DMT-Nexus without my consent and I will never agree to have a third party take a peek on the server. The only thing that could happen is that the university (or any company that you work at) is logging which sites you visit.

This is good to know, Traveller. I think you're absolutely correct that University IT departments are more than able to log web traffic if they wanted to.

Also, has anyone tried to PM the original poster of the dorm thread? That would put this to rest....or maybe not if he doesn't reply....Smile

Praline
#14 Posted : 10/27/2010 6:18:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't think there's a conspiracy..I think it was some silly kids who brought it on themselves. They may have told a few people what they were doing, and those people told other people and word got to the dorm attendent..Naphtha has a very strong odor, even a whiff of it would make someone call the authorities in a densely populated place such as a dorm. I mean, really, doing it in a dorm is just begging to be busted.

I am really worried about this kind of stuff happening. I fear for our supplies of MHRB or whatever to be cut off because of unwanted attention brought about by these kinds of incidents. I am also pretty ambivilent about the DMT movie. I really hope there's nothing in it saying how easy it is to do the extractions, or we're gonna be seeing a lot more busts of this type. Kids looking for a quick trip, and learning how easy it is to obtain..I can see it now, the "concerned mommies" crusading against MHRB..It's sickening.
FYI- Anything I post here is just stuff made up by my crazy brother who lives in my closet. I feed him jellybeans.