We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A few questions for using q21tek and also lextek Options

froggy
#1 Posted : 10/24/2010 12:04:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I want to use his tek 1, it calls for vinegar,but would I be able to substitute it with phosphoric acid?

And i want to get pure white dmt freebase, but with this tek he says the end result will be jimjam, is that basically the same thing? I dont want to have to use naptha, becuase my only concern is any off putting smells.

I also really really like the lextek/ dmt handbook, its very simply put, but again i dont want to have to use lye becuase of safety or naptha becuase of the smell. Would I be able to do the lexteck/dmt handbook tek with just substituing the lye for lime and the naptha for limonene?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/24/2010 5:19:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if you can get fumaric acid, you can definitely get pure white freebase dmt, by salting with FASI and converting in the slow water crystallization method (check BLAB tek for instructions). Using something other than fumaric acid, Im not sure how well you can get pure white freebase. Once I tried to do the water crystallization conversion with dmt acetate (evaporated vinegar salting) and it didnt precipitate, but I think it was Dagger said it worked for him.

If you are not using fumaric acid solution to salt, I would say do the sodium carbonate and acetone or IPA pull (like the acetate conversion in BLAB tek), and then either evaporate that and hope that it dries up to a waxy product or it will be a goo, in which case you will have to use some herbs and infuse them with the goo and vaporize that. Pure white doesnt really mean its better in any way, goo or waxy product is perfectly fine to vaporize. I suggest getting a vaporgenie and torch lighter for vaporization, its gonna make all the difference in the world Smile

You can probably use phosphoric acid for both the first mimosa soak as well as for salting, but im not sure if the conversion of dmt phosphate to freebase would yield a crystal product or a goo or wax.

As for using lime with normal 'wet' teks, no you cant because lime isnt very water soluble, thats why if you want to use lime and not lye has to be something like q21, amor fati (or 69ron's mescaline tek). You can follow the salting/conversion steps in BLAB in any case.

froggy
#3 Posted : 10/24/2010 11:04:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
if you can get fumaric acid, you can definitely get pure white freebase dmt, by salting with FASI and converting in the slow water crystallization method (check BLAB tek for instructions). Using something other than fumaric acid, Im not sure how well you can get pure white freebase. Once I tried to do the water crystallization conversion with dmt acetate (evaporated vinegar salting) and it didnt precipitate, but I think it was Dagger said it worked for him.

If you are not using fumaric acid solution to salt, I would say do the sodium carbonate and acetone or IPA pull (like the acetate conversion in BLAB tek), and then either evaporate that and hope that it dries up to a waxy product or it will be a goo, in which case you will have to use some herbs and infuse them with the goo and vaporize that. Pure white doesnt really mean its better in any way, goo or waxy product is perfectly fine to vaporize. I suggest getting a vaporgenie and torch lighter for vaporization, its gonna make all the difference in the world Smile

You can probably use phosphoric acid for both the first mimosa soak as well as for salting, but im not sure if the conversion of dmt phosphate to freebase would yield a crystal product or a goo or wax.

As for using lime with normal 'wet' teks, no you cant because lime isnt very water soluble, thats why if you want to use lime and not lye has to be something like q21, amor fati (or 69ron's mescaline tek). You can follow the salting/conversion steps in BLAB in any case.

ok so i would follow the q21 tek and then just salt it using a differnt tek?

and you say i cant use lime in a wet tek, what about using the limonene instead of the naptha?

froggy
#4 Posted : 10/24/2010 11:31:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I basically want my extraction outcome to be pure crystal dmt freebase. But i dont want to use naptha or lye. So whats the best way to do this?

froggy
#5 Posted : 10/25/2010 5:48:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Come on, no one?

Help a brotha out dangit. >:{

endlessness
#6 Posted : 10/25/2010 8:42:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Please be patient, not even a full day has passed since you asked your questions! Imagine if everybody in this forum would keep repeating and begging for answers just a few hours after they had asked something.....

and yes as I said you can follow q21 tek and salt differently. And yes you can just use limonene instead of naphtha but you have to salt it out (like its explained in BLAB and q21), you cant evaporate nor freeze it. Read the teks, the wiki, the FAQ, all your answers are there.

artistofdivine
#7 Posted : 10/26/2010 3:36:00 PM

Sam

Wait so when using Q21 tek i don't have to use naphtha? Cause that is some smelly stuff. I can just use IPA (And i'm pretty sure but just to be positive by this you mean Isopropyl Alcohol?)? And if so how would i go about using it and would it have to be 100% or can i just use 91 or even lower? And if i can't use 91 or lower how would i go about getting d-limonene and using that as a solvent? Sorry for bombarding you with questions Embarrased
'What if everything around you, Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know, Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection, Is it all you want it to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself... Find yourself afraid to see?'

Malaclypse
#8 Posted : 10/26/2010 4:37:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

artistofdivine wrote:
Wait so when using Q21 tek i don't have to use naphtha? Cause that is some smelly stuff. I can just use IPA (And i'm pretty sure but just to be positive by this you mean Isopropyl Alcohol?)? And if so how would i go about using it and would it have to be 100% or can i just use 91 or even lower? And if i can't use 91 or lower how would i go about getting d-limonene and using that as a solvent? Sorry for bombarding you with questions Embarrased

Read the tech please Razz. Seriously, I've never ever done an extraction and I know this because I have read them all as it is interesting to me.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=12288

There are two sections in the tech one for using naptha and one for using D-limonene. All the information is there. You use the d-limonene as the solvent, however you can't evap or freeze precip it so you have to salt it out. Once the actives are in the D-limonene you can either follow the tech as is or switch to a different method (see the FASI/FASW sections of BLAB for example).

Search the supplier's section for where to get D-limonene.

froggy
#9 Posted : 10/26/2010 5:01:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well ive decided to go ahead and just use naptha and lye. I found an area to do it in thats bigger than my bedroom.

But anyways, new question, im just going to follow the dmt handbook extraction. How are peoples sucees rate with this? Any tips to go about for it?