We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Synesthesia is a great word Options

cker
#1 Posted : 10/26/2010 4:12:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just had a look at the lexicon section of the forum and noticed there wasnt an entry for the word Synesthesia. This word is used to describe real people who in their everyday lives can do things like:

taste colors
hear smells
smell colors
see smells
etc.

and lots of other combinations and mixing of senses. I think it's a pretty common event for trippers of most denominations. There's a Wiki link here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

and a definition here:
http://encarta.msn.com/d...717768/synesthesia.html

I noticed there was a similar definition in the lexicon for "Exploring":

Exploring
This is a symptom one has after the return from Hyperspace. Also described as a warped or more appreciative view of reality. Symptoms include seeing sounds and hearing colors.

Anyway, the word synestesia already exists and might be a good lexicon entry. Imagine what it might be like to feel this kind of sensory mixing 24/7/356? Well, there are people out there who live like that permanently. I wonder what would happen if one of those folks took 3 strong tokes?

Sincerely, cker

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Autodidactic
#2 Posted : 10/26/2010 6:23:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I may be wrong but I believe the lexicon is for words that relate to the whole DMT experience and other altered state experiences. Synesthesis is a condition where people have an involuntary experience when one sense is used. I just doubt many if any here at the DMT nexus have synestheis, so it would be a bit pointless to have it in the lexicon.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde