We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
WARNING: posting photos of illegal activities taken with GPS-enabled devices is asking for trouble!! Options

SanMan
#41 Posted : 10/26/2010 3:08:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you all should read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geotagging

Geotagging is when the latitude and longitude is embedded in the tags of the image.

That sounds like a surefire way to get the location where the pic taken.

So if you are taking pics of your huge grow op and posting it online and the tags have not been
stripped from the image, expect some black suits with guns.

Sounds pretty simple to me.

Sorry if I missed the point as I didn't read the whole thread.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ouro
#42 Posted : 10/26/2010 3:27:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

uh oh... ragabr, you mean I shouldn't use "NSAspystripper.exe" to remove my metadata? I hope no one in uniform knocks my door down to take away my humble NaCl sculptures!

Ginkgo
#43 Posted : 10/26/2010 4:01:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enough is enough. Some of you guys should think twice about if being that paranoid do you any good or if it actually only adds to the problem. Others should start thinking more realistic than believing that the government always do nice, and only nice, things.

People making claims should always show relevant sources proving what they claim, and they should - of course - not react harshly if such sources are asked for. And last but not least, users worried about their safety should simply strip all images for any metadata before uploading them.

That's all there is to say. This thread has no future except for creating disturbances, as such I am closing it.

PREV123