We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa vs. Freebase for a first-timer Options

poorfish
#1 Posted : 10/6/2010 6:21:22 PM

hahaha

One has read numerous absolutely glowing reports regarding changa (caapi+spice 1:1)...specifically numerous glowing reports which state a preference for changa over the freebase DMT. In many cases the reporter ends up stating that theyve been totally converted away from freebase administration.

So one wonders...were he to smoke a good (excellent) changa blend for his first DMT experience of any kind, would he somehow lose his ability to enjoy a freebase DMT experience? (not literally, of course, just not be able to find the spirit or something--maybe find it lacking by comparison?)

Just an idle thought....

-poorfish
Hello there Nexian Newcomers! (like me!) Learn how to ASK QUESTIONS THAT WILL GET ANSWERED! (Or at least are more likely to be answered) ***Click Here***

"That is ridiculous. Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, gobbling magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc 1989

E has the ability to change the way people look at the world and not always for the best...."PLUR" ( hahahaha). The world is not what E makes it to be. I know plenty of "Old School" ravers that roll. They just don't do it in that ugly "cuddle puddle, "God I love You, We'll be soul mates for ever, this is the best music I've EVER heard, can I touch you?????" Kinda way. [size=6]Every drug is best with moderation.
-J0rdan

The night before: "nang nang nang nang nang"
Morning after: "clang clang clang clang clang"

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Entheojen
#2 Posted : 10/6/2010 6:28:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Good question... I'm interested to hear the replies.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

hyperspacing
#3 Posted : 10/6/2010 6:41:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While I prefer changa over straight spice, nothing can compare to the visual clarity and power of straight spice.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

gibran2
#4 Posted : 10/6/2010 7:26:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I’ve used both changa and freebase, and I personally prefer freebase (but I almost always sublingually pre-dose with harmalas). The freebase experience (and freebase itself) just seems cleaner and purer to me. The onset is more rapid, sometimes shockingly so, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing (OK, sometimes it’s a very bad thing Shocked ).

For a first-timer, changa is easier. There is more leeway for bad technique and it is harder to burn the DMT. And since the DMT vapor is diluted, the experience is slower and more “gentle” than straight freebase.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

BananaForeskin
#5 Posted : 10/7/2010 8:13:33 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Changa. Straight up.

¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Newfound_wonder
#6 Posted : 10/7/2010 12:16:02 PM

Harvie Krumpet

I recall reading that the transition to hyperspace is much less shocking with changa compared to spice. For someone who enjoys the days following a perfect DMT experience but is frightened by the experience itself, the idea of a less intense launch into the depths of his psyche is enticing.

Although he hears a 1:1 spice/caapi blend works fine, SWIM dreamed of making a 2:1 caapi/spice blend so the changa would be weaker. This is exactly what he wants. SWIM has never had any trouble getting enough spice into his system; if anything he is looking for a way to breakthrough over a period of 2-3 minutes rather than in one breath. My question for those who have indulged in changa: does a 2:1 caapi/spice blend sound like a waste of spice, or would it be worthwhile for someone in SWIM's circumstances to look into? Would 25mg DMT mixed in a 2:1 blend smoke any differently than 25mg DMT mixed in a 1:1 blend?
Every tool is dangerous when misused. That is no reason not to use tools.
Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?

Eden
#7 Posted : 10/7/2010 1:08:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More 2:1 would need to be smoked to achieve the effects of 1:1 (even with identical DMT amounts).....there is simply more material to inhale.
If you want to dilute the potency, make 1:1 and then mix in some other herbs when smoking.
This allows greater flexibility and doesn't leave you stuck with a weak blend if you should desire something stronger.

Orion
#8 Posted : 10/7/2010 8:43:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I doubt one is "better" than the other. One may push you further into the DMT realm than the other, but changa can be a fun and enlightening project in itself. There are tons of different blends to be made and different flavors and effects to be observed. Also good for a nice moderate experience than a full hyperspace voyage. I definately want to try my hand at changa or infusions.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

The Centre
#9 Posted : 10/10/2010 9:21:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, this was my first experience:

Quote: some dude who doesn't want his name or his pseudonym all over the internet.

Greetings all and welcome to Fulcanelli’s Folly.
Welcome to the den of discovery where the furnace flame of truth burns away the darkness from any who dare enter. I have decided to reopen this long forgotten chamber because it is time for the secrets of ancient wisdom and alchemical experience to be shared by the initiates of our sacred order: {IJ}Thunder

A member has come forth with stories of brave and fearless journeys.

We Acknowledge his accomplishments and are further intrigued by his boasts of high.

"Quote of me asking for spice, saying that even though you should be scared, you should go for it."

Strong words spoken in our hallowed halls; but born of the heart they are.

We, therefore, would like to grant his request for extended and soulful travel in the underworlds of Hyperspace.
You have been gifted with 2 portions of Fulcanelli’s Insight.

A Magick Changa blend of 11x Caapi infused Mullein spinkled with pure hamine, the soul of Anubis captured
Alchemical Gold infused 1:1 with the gods' own spirit to sharpen the mind and embolden the heart to new Heights.

*** You are tasked to assay and report back to the order of your experiences ***

Before carrier pidgeon is dispatched post haste and
as an initiated member of {IJ}Thunder , Do you accept this Quest? "

So, I would say if you can get something like that for your first experience, then go for it! Just don't expect to come through the experience without feeling like God just put your brain in a blender along with extract of Alpha and essence of Omega and then drunk the resulting mix, with you passing through Gods digestive track. Laughing

Electric.Sight
#10 Posted : 10/10/2010 11:03:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I started with freebase and a really poor method. (glass vial + straw lol)
It worked but I'm sure I burned a lot this way.
Made it a little difficult to estimate dosage due to the numerous variables involved.

If you want to experience pure DMT without MAOIs first, I'd suggest starting with regular enhanced leaf. (DMT + leaf without MAOI)

It is hard to mess up this way in my experience. It may enable you to blast off more consistently and not worry about the numerous errors that can come with bad vaporizing technique.

This way, you can learn to navigate DMT space first, and then experiment with getting the vaporizing technique perfected and/or adding MAOIs once you know what to expect.
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

Madcap
#11 Posted : 10/10/2010 11:11:30 PM

illudium Q-36

If your vaping equipment is not of good quality then you should try changa first.

Unless of course you (like me) could hardly wait for the last bit of solvent to evap off my precious first yellow tinted xtals. Then just try to not burn the spice and go for it. That batch of changa will be dry in a couple days and you can make the comparison yourself.

Be safe, have fun. The deep work will begin later...these first few are for kicks.

Remember, no matter what you think you feel.... you did not just pee yourself. unless you did, but its doubtful.... worst case, you did... its ok just keep your eyes closed... this is awesome!
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

poorfish
#12 Posted : 10/10/2010 11:28:25 PM

hahaha

And I return to find not a single UN-helpful or negative response (even in jest).

Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy Very happy

:arrow: I'm so glad after my short period of lurking that I became a member of this forum, what a fantastic online community!

Thanks everyone for their helpful/encouraging responses!

@ Jimm -- thanks for the tip! it was actually a glowing experience report concerning the Electric Sheep blend that initially sparked my O.P.

@ Madcap -- thank you for both the encouraging advice, and reminding me ahead of time that I didn't pee myself Laughing

Many many many moons ago, when I was first introduced to cannabis, I would sometimes get the very strong sensation that I was pissing myself (on one occasion so strongly that I actually excused myself to the restroom to check, bc I simply could not believe, in the face of such a seemingly real sensation that I had *NOT* actually done so -- lol, and just for the record, no I have never pissed myself while smoking cannabis or any mind-altering substance Rolling eyes ).

Funny how the mind can play such convincing tricks on itself when presented with seemingly abnormal or unmotivated stimuli...

Anywhooo, thanks again to the helpful everyones!

Kind regards from the spirit world,

-poorfish
Hello there Nexian Newcomers! (like me!) Learn how to ASK QUESTIONS THAT WILL GET ANSWERED! (Or at least are more likely to be answered) ***Click Here***

"That is ridiculous. Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, gobbling magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc 1989

E has the ability to change the way people look at the world and not always for the best...."PLUR" ( hahahaha). The world is not what E makes it to be. I know plenty of "Old School" ravers that roll. They just don't do it in that ugly "cuddle puddle, "God I love You, We'll be soul mates for ever, this is the best music I've EVER heard, can I touch you?????" Kinda way. [size=6]Every drug is best with moderation.
-J0rdan

The night before: "nang nang nang nang nang"
Morning after: "clang clang clang clang clang"

The Centre
#13 Posted : 10/25/2010 9:55:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have pissed myself from pure joy on mushrooms. Seriously.

Bill Cipher
#14 Posted : 10/25/2010 10:26:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would add as well that you have most likely not swallowed your forehead, spontaneously lost every one of your teeth, or have an invisible something sticking a finger into your brain - although all of these things may seem to be happening right before you launch out of your shorts.

For what it's worth, my vote is for freebase. And Electric Sheep is not actually changa - though it's a super rockin' blend.