We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Liquid Ayahuasca 2:1 extract -Terence McKenna's vine Options

jaguar
#1 Posted : 8/21/2010 12:25:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's vendor now offers a limited amount of a 2:1 liquid banisteriopsis caapi extract. A 100 ml bottle was brewed from 200 g of Terence McKenna's ayahuasca, harvested in his ethnobotanical garden in Hawaii. This extract is caapi only, so no DMT admixture.

When the package arrived, SWIM could not wait to taste it. It is a dark brew, almost black in colour. It very much looks like real ayahuasca, brewed by an amazonian shaman. But it is no mel, it is more liquid, like SWIMs own brews (he never managed to make those thick brews). The fluid is relatively clear. It looks fluorescent when you look at the drops, so this seems to be high in alkaloid content. To conserve it, the manufacturer added about 10% ethanol, which has to be evaporated before use by boiling it for a while.

SWIM opened a 100 ml bottle, evaporated the alcohol and was left with about 75% of the liquid. Of course not only the alcohol evaporated, but also some water. So he added some boiled water to counteract the loss so that he again had 100 ml (better for calculating the dose).

He drank 20 ml of it first. The taste was almost too good to be true. Unexpectedly sweet, but in the background he could definitely taste the bitterness of the harmalas. You can drink this ayahuasca very easily.

Then SWIM drank some Jurema tea, the equivalent of 10 g. He had to wait for quite a while until the effects kicked in. And then, they appeared ... very smoothly. After 1.5 h he added 10 ml of the ayahuasca and another 10 g of Jurema.

Jurema normally is very sexy and colourful, but never has that depth that a good chacruna has. It was absolutely incredible however, how this madre ayahuasca turned all this into a very green, magical experience. In the dark you could see her web, like mystical drapes, wrapping you up in her world. SWIM felt very much safe and secure in her realm. There were incredible auditory hallucinations whenever SWIM asked for her healing power. He could feel and hear the energy floating into his body.

SWIM plans to mix this with a decent amount of chacruna next time. Maybe this can create a similar experience like with real ayahuasca (he drank some very nice masterbrews from peruvian shamans lately and therefore he became a bit fastidious when it comes to ayahuasca Pleased ).

I would like to read from others who tried this extract.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 8/21/2010 3:43:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm cracking open my bottle on my "weekend" (Mon/Tues). I will definitely share how things go! The smell is OUT OF THIS WORD, so SWEET!!!

So, you only drank the equivalent of 30g? How long was the experience? How much do you feel would be necessary for the perfect dose, and how is that relative to the rest of your experiences?

Thanks! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jaguar
#3 Posted : 8/21/2010 6:22:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck Ms Minxx! Don't forget to evaporate the alcohol.

ms_manic_minxx wrote:

So, you only drank the equivalent of 30g? How long was the experience? How much do you feel would be necessary for the perfect dose, and how is that relative to the rest of your experiences?

Not exactly, it was 30ml which equals 60g of caapi which is a very adequate dose for SWIM.

Well, with a "standard caapi tea" of caapi (4) and with some harmaline added, combined with jurema, SWIM gets very DMT-like visuals. They are nice, but lack the green jungle feeling and deeper meaning. With this aya extract however, there was this green light present with eyes closed, a "gaya" feeling, very typical for "real" ayahuasca from amazonian shamans. They always tell you: "Don't underestimate the caapi". That's so true, the whole quality of an ayahuasca experience so much depends on the power of the caapi.

The experience was incredibly long, about 8h, almost a bit too long for SWIM, as he only wanted to test the effectiveness of his new extract in the first place. But then he had to surrender to her beautiful world. BTW: Having intense auditory hallucinations is always a good sign that the ayahuasca really works for SWIM. And there were many that night.

At the moment, SWIM tries some 250g chacruna thru his THP. At a dose of probably 80-100g this should be quite nice when used together with the 2:1 extract.

jaguar
#4 Posted : 8/22/2010 7:28:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What can be said about this ayahuasca is, that she is *very* fine in structure. It's almost like Terence's soul is in her, he must have fallen in love with that vine.

Personally, SWIM feels this is a bit too fine for him, very much like the fine structure you see on an insect's wings. That is what you see in the dark and what seems to be as a permanent overlay on everything you see. Nature is by all means wonderful with her. Everything is moving, you really see nature live. SWIM went into his garden at the peak of the experience, the sun was still shining. He found himself in a magical wonderland, everything was so paradise-like that it was almost too much to handle. Very very nice however.

Today SWIM tested a smaller dose: Only 20 ml. He then drank the equivalent of 40g Chacruna. Again, it took very long to get started. After an hour he added 5g brazilian Jurema (as tea). The full effects were present after about 2h.

20ml is just fine for SWIM. What SWIM dislikes a bit: This is a very dreamy vine. It's hard to be in the present moment with her. And another thing: SWIM did not really feel like singing. Singing is one of SWIM's favorites with ayahuasca, but today he just did not feel like that. Same last time. So SWIM hopes this is not connected to this vine. We'll see.

This ayahuasca seems to slow you down, that is a noticable effect. This can be very nice, however, if you want to play the guitar, you have to play faster Pleased

jaguar
#5 Posted : 8/29/2010 11:42:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any news ms_manic_minxx? Can't wait to read it Pleased

SWIM had two more rituals with this ayahuasca this week. The first one was very nice and smooth, pure bliss. However a bit of a headache when coming down (in the area around the third eye; maybe it has just been opened too much Pleased )

The second one was more like "hard work" and there were quite some daemons present. However the second one was with peruvian chacruna and a bit of brazilian jurema, whereas in the first ritual chagropanga and jurema were used. Also the first ritual was started with a bit of white peruvian caapi to get into the space, then, afterwards, really starting with the McKenna brew. A maximum of 30 ml of that brew was used, which is quite enough for SWIM.

jaguar
#6 Posted : 10/9/2010 10:24:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It seems like combining this tea with only jurema does not always give you good results.

However, also adding chacruna (greatly preferrred) or chagropanga transforms everything into a real jungle-like, magical experience.

I noted that there is also a 5:1 liquid extract available. Any experiences?

lonewolf123
#7 Posted : 10/23/2010 2:31:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quick question about boiling out the alcohol. Do you actually bring it to a boil or just put it on a low heat and get a few bubbles? And for how long should it 'boil'? Its such a small amount of liquid I would hate to burn it.... Thanks for the help

ms_manic_minxx
#8 Posted : 10/23/2010 8:28:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi lonewolf!

I warm the pot just enough to boil, and then keep it at the lowest possible temperature to sustain the boil (about a 4 on my stove). It is only 10% alcohol, so I let it boil for quite a while, probably reducing it again to 1/2 the volume. Just like reducing the end of any Aya brew, take care not to let the top carmelize. Smile

It is the sweetest vine ever!! You are very blessed to have some of this brew!

Cheers! <3
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jaguar
#9 Posted : 10/23/2010 1:21:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, you simply smell when all of the alcohol has evaporated. Doing it slowly is of course a good idea.

After doing so, you are in fact left with 50-70% in volume. So either you measure the desired amount for the day you want to use it and then evaporate or if you want to evaporate in advance (for several days), you might want to refill with boiled water, back to the previous amount, so that it's easier to measure amounts (10ml=20g caapi e.g.).

lonewolf123
#10 Posted : 10/23/2010 4:37:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much for the replies guys! Got 2 more questions, should I add the brew with water in the pot? Its 2:1 100 grams 50ml, so 25ml doesnt seem like much liquid to boil.... also, do you think 50g of this vine is enough? I dont plan on adding any admixtures this time, gonna try that next week Smile

jaguar
#11 Posted : 10/24/2010 1:23:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You're welcome wolf Smile

Well, 50 g is a decent dose. At least in a mixture with "light" added.

When used without admixture - I am not sure. Probably you would need more, maybe at least 100 g. But it all depends on what you are expecting of course.

About the boiling: You can boil 30 ml without any problem in my opinion. No need to add water for that. Use a small pot with a small diameter.