We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is shredded or whole vine better? Options

Jdubber
#1 Posted : 10/22/2010 9:33:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings.

Ok, so I have found a few options for which vine to buy. I have found some shredded yellow vine and some slightly more expensive whole red vine. As I am a first time user, will the shredded yellow be OK? Both are sustainable... and I dont want to throw my money away - so would paying slightly more for the red vine be worthwhile?

Thanks for your help Very happy
Per aspera ad astra.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 10/22/2010 9:49:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never noticed a difference between shredded and whole vine. Some people say the shredded vine may oxidize more quickly, but as long as you are buying from a reputable vendor, quality should be great. I never had a problem when I bought shredded from a source I trust--sometimes whole in the colors I want isn't available.

I personally prefer whole vine, just because whole cuttings of vine are amazing to have (I sleep with one under my pillow Pleased ), and I really dig the energy of hammering it apart by myself. It's an extra practice of devotion, another way to infuse the brew with intentions. Sometimes, however, living situations make this difficult, so it's just another thing to consider.

Yellow is a very well-rounded experience, and would be an excellent color to start with. Each color is different, so once you get your brewing techniques down, it is quite interesting to branch out and sample other flavors.
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Jdubber
#3 Posted : 10/22/2010 10:46:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, I do live in a flat so if it involves a lot of hammering and banging may be wiser choosing the ready-shredded... Ready - shredded yellow it is then!

Thanks minx, you really have been so helpful, and I trust your judgement - you have had much experienece and gained much wisdom and I really appreciate you sharing some of that wisdom with me Smile

Thanks again. Will report back when I know what I have let myself in for!! Very happy
Per aspera ad astra.

BananaForeskin
#4 Posted : 10/22/2010 10:49:33 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

And sometimes... just sometimes... hammering massive woody pieces of vine can be both difficult and time consuming!
But you do it 'cause you love the vine. And the vine loves you... kind of. It also likes testing you.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 10/23/2010 4:08:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

you have gotten good feed back here. i too truly appreciate the time spent with the whole vine hammering. i have no way to prove this but i believe i gained much insight into the workings of caapi and ayhuasca from the time spent with the vine. its the same way if you have ever grown cannibis. you just start to be in tune with your plants and can even diagnos ailments from gut feelings.

on the flip side... i wouldn't mind having some shredded around because it rain a whole lot where i live and i cant always hammer it.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.