We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone know any shamans? Options

Jdubber
#1 Posted : 10/20/2010 10:02:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know this question seems absurd...

However I can't stress how much I would like to learn about Dimitri, ESPECIALLY Ayahuasca. I sense the only way to truly get a full experience is through the aid and guidance of an experienced teacher. If anyone could send me any helpful advice about a wise way to go about my first embarkation it would be much appreciated (in person or cyberspace). I feel like a lost child wondering in the woods...

Infinate thanks if you can help Smile.
Per aspera ad astra.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 10/20/2010 10:09:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

well..DMT is not ayahuasca. Ayahusca itself is the caapi vine..and it contains no DMT..DMT plants are just very common admixtures..but with or without the admixtures ayahuasca is always visionary and healing for me. I dissagree with you though that you need anyone besides you and ayahuasca to have a full experience..afterall, its ayahuasca who taught the curranderos in the first place.
Long live the unwoke.

Jdubber
#3 Posted : 10/20/2010 10:17:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So your advice is to take the plunge alone?

I was kind of hoping someone would say that Smile .

Do you have any recommendations how I would go about that? I have read the 'All about Aya' thread and it describes making a massive brew (if my memory serves me well), so as to have some for later. However, money constraints at present lead me to believe my wisest course of action is to maybe try a smaller 'starter pack' (I KNOW how trite that sounds, I am sorry) for now. So what would be a reasonable 'starter pack' to purchase? Bear in mind I DO want to go to space, but want to start small and build up to it...

For background - I have tried spice and LOVE it, so would definately at some point wish for the brew to contain some.

Again - infinite thanks.
Per aspera ad astra.

olympus mon
#4 Posted : 10/20/2010 10:20:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

hi jdubber,
i dont think your questions are absurd. it sounds to me you have a good amount of respect and humility approaching these plants and substances. if its understanding you seek then please ready all you can. there is a plethora of knowledge and reports on your topics of interest. an actual physical mentor is not a necessity by any means.

if you havent already done so read this sticky about ayahuasca here. please feel free to ask for clarification after you get the basics down. id be happy to accept pm's but its also important to post your questions publicly as other seekers can learn from the replies and shared knowledge as well.

for a quick starter advice i cant express how helpful it is to become very familiar with caapi only brews first. caapi is so much more than just an maoi to activate the dmt.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 10/20/2010 10:30:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jdubber wrote:
I have read the 'All about Aya' thread

olympus mon wrote:

if you havent already done so read this sticky about ayahuasca here.

So yeah he did check it, but in any case I agree with all olympus mon said, you seem to have a good attitude towards it, this is very important!

As for the original question, I think both experiences can be great. I have taken with shamans and by myself and I wouldnt say one is more recommended over the other, its more about what situation you are in, the opportunities you have. If you ever do find a good well intended shaman, I wish you a great experience! But if you dont, I think taking by yourself can be fine, if you do it respectfully, taking care of set and setting and starting with low dosage. (Do check the health and safety section, there are some tips there that might be of use)

I would suggest you first start with taking the caapi vine by itself, like 50g, and seeing how that goes. If you dont feel anything, raise it to, say, 70g next time.. After you have felt the effects of caapi, I think you can, in the next experiences, introduce a dmt containing plant (like chacruna) or just add small amounts of extracted dmt to the brew. Start with low doses of dmt, and raise slowly in subsequent sessions.

For sources of plant material, check our suppliers subforum for trustable suppliers.

Good luck and tell us how it went if you do try!

actualfactual
#6 Posted : 10/20/2010 10:36:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I dissagree with you though that you need anyone besides you and ayahuasca to have a full experience..afterall, its ayahuasca who taught the curranderos in the first place.

everything you ever need to know is inside you <3

Jdubber
#7 Posted : 10/20/2010 10:41:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yay! You are such lovely helpful people! Very happy

OK. So I have found a supplier that states that its product is sourced from Terence Mckenna's Hawaiian farm, so thats maybe a good place to start? Also, just to verify, am I right in thinking perhaps the yellow vine may be good for starters?

And of course I will come back and tell you how it goes... I mean - who else would I tell? Pleased
Per aspera ad astra.

Jdubber
#8 Posted : 10/20/2010 11:17:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Besides a few trusted folks I know would love it that is...

Per aspera ad astra.

olympus mon
#9 Posted : 10/20/2010 11:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

jdubber- sorry for the redundancy recommending the aya sticky. you posted your reply as i was typing mine.

yellow vine is a good vine to start with. its by no means a "beginners" caapi instead its a nice balance of caapi characteristics that will be helpful to acquainting your self with caapi.

i recommend buying enough vine to experiment with different dosages as well as brewing methods all from the same stock. this will reduce variables while learning about brewing techniques and admixture effectiveness. the more variables you can reduce while learning the quicker and more accurately you can find your comfort zones.

dont brew all your supplies at once as many of us had problems with our methods in the early days. having more opportunity to try different tricks and tips will further your knowledge as opposed to one big batch.

do however brew up more than a single serving in the event of needing to re-dose. i found buying 1 kilo of whole vine and brewing in 300g batches to be very helpful.

i wish you good travels.

Jdubber
#10 Posted : 10/20/2010 11:53:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't worry at all mon, figured as much.

Yea I was thinking going for more than I will need... may aswell do it right right?

I can't find any stockists for 1kg and 2kg is a bit pricey, so may have to settle for 500g and hope it gets me somewhere...

Ooooh I am excited I can tell you. The glimpses I have recieved from freebasing spice have but whet my appetite I am sure... Very happy

And thanks all again everyone, without your advice I doubt I would have took the plunge at this time... or at least I would have screwed up real bad.

Seems I have found the shamans (or near as dammit - the internet is a wonderful thing) I was looking for!

Peas.
Per aspera ad astra.

olympus mon
#11 Posted : 10/21/2010 12:26:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

500g will be a great start, thats a good amount of vine in itself. actually my first order was 500g of yellow vine from heavenly products here in the states. their prices are good and customer service is also very good.

i recently bought a kilo of white vine from maya and was very impressed with the quality and service as well.

as far as the Mckenna red vine goes im sure its an amazing vine but maybe a bit pricey for learning.

what are your plans for an admixture when your ready to add the light?

Jdubber
#12 Posted : 10/22/2010 2:09:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah! As for the light, I was thinking of maybe buying a kilo of mimosa hostilis with a friend, and then extracting some of that into pure spice, and brewing some up to drink with the truth. I have heard that with mimosa you cannot mix it in the same pot so need to make two separate brews... Have I heard correct do you know?
Per aspera ad astra.

endlessness
#13 Posted : 10/22/2010 4:12:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sure you can mix mimosa and caapi in the same pot, chemically speaking there is no problem at all.

The disadvantage of doing it, though, is that, specially when you dont know your own sensitivity and the batch, if you add them in a wrong ratio (like too much dmt/mimosa per caapi dosage for example), then you wont be able to change it if you brewed the whole thing. So in this sense its better to keep them separate, and then you can adjust on subsequent sessions. Though I recommend if you do keep them separate, when ingesting, drink one just after the other, dont wait too long between. Also the taste of mimosa is specially bad, so it might be easier drink separately.

If you add mimosa, dont add more than, say, 3-5g for first dose, ideally 3g.. And if its dmt, dont add more than, say, 30mg. Then see how it goes and adjust in next sessions.

good luck!

Jdubber
#14 Posted : 10/22/2010 4:54:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah OK so I reckon I will make two brews for that then. Many thanks.

I am getting excited/nervous now, on the brink of pressing 'proceed to checkout' for the very first time...feels like I am on the road to learning to walk or something. Maybe fly would be a better word... Laughing .
Per aspera ad astra.