We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hyperspace: does it mean anything? Options

psychedeliConquistador
#1 Posted : 10/19/2010 12:14:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

im not very good at introductions so im just gonna kinda launch into this. ive been reading the archaic revival by terrence mckenna for a few months now an ive started to work on integrating some of terrence's ideas with my own. one series of theories has definately peaked my attention. The idea is that language could evolve into a visual form. a visual language that could be understood by whatever interdimentional beings we might ecounter in hyperspace. Could the geometric hallucinations we experience on dmt or mushrooms actually be information coded into a deciferable form that we have yet to understand? could this code be broken down using fractal mathematics and supercomputers? are tryptamines a sort of chemical message in a bottle that could lead humanity into an intergalactic community? these are a few questions that interest me greatly. i could see humanity heading towards a childhood's end-like scenario where we have evolved beyond the earth, and like big fish in a small pond we must venture out into the vast ocean of the unknown. these ideas give me hope that life might actually mean something that there may be more to reality. or maybe not, its just something i like to think about.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

psychedeliConquistador
#2 Posted : 10/19/2010 12:20:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i know my thoughts are kind of all over the place there but thats how i think. starting with a messy rough group of ideas and then working it into a more concrete all-encompassing thought.

unclesyd
#3 Posted : 10/19/2010 12:42:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting thoughts, and true or not there is definitely something more to reality. Lots and lots more..........
Remember, if the women dont find you handsome.....they might as well find you handy.

Vector
#4 Posted : 10/19/2010 12:51:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

psychedeliConquistador wrote:
Could the geometric hallucinations we experience on dmt or mushrooms actually be information coded into a deciferable form that we have yet to understand? could this code be broken down using fractal mathematics and supercomputers? are tryptamines a sort of chemical message in a bottle that could lead humanity into an intergalactic community?

that is a very interesting idea that had never crossed my mind. I hear that there are teams of researchers dedicated to the goal of being able to display peoples mental images on a television, so maybe one day you will be able to take a snapshot of your visions and analyze them for intelligent information.

Quote:
could see humanity heading towards a childhood's end-like scenario where we have evolved beyond the earth, and like big fish in a small pond we must venture out into the vast ocean of the unknown.

this reminds me of something I heard terence say in a speech once about how he sees the world at a turning point where we either need to completely reject all modern technology and growth to return to a prehistorical state in tune with mother earth, or we need to develop the means to leave our mother and venture into the great beyond.

FusionOracle
#5 Posted : 10/20/2010 7:37:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A very interesting but inevitable junction.......Realistically I can see only one of those outcomes actually eventuating, despite whether that would be my preference or not. The question begs though, despite all the wonders modern technology has brought, are we really any happier for it??? Are we any better off as a species and race????. To answer that however you would first need to define what happiness is and what you perceive “better off” to be which is entirely contextual. Even then would these definitions hold true for all??????

I believe instead of concentrating so hard on looking outward to find another home we should be focusing more on how to preserve and better coexist with our own (though the issue of overcrowding is another inevitable problem). Even if we did find another planet which was inhabitable, we would most likely be displacing, disrupting and depriving other life forms of their home as we continued to consume and extinguishing all its valuable resources. If such a place was ever found I don't believe we will ever find a residence which could sustain and nourish us in the same way as mother earth. We were born from her..... We are her children surrounded by all her beauty and this will forever be our only true home. I only wish more could see things in that light......

Nice to meet you psychedeliC. I hope you find your answers

Agave
#6 Posted : 10/22/2010 5:36:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you nailed it Fusion. We can wonder about possible scientific scenarios all day long but in the end we are linked to this earth and this body at this time and no psycoactive substance is going to change that reality. Someone once said " We aren't human beings on a spiritual journey, we are spiritual beings on a human journey ". So true and I think it's our job to experience and fulfill that mission. If there is something beyond that, fine but right now there is so much to explore right here at home. I can't really add much more to the way you put it. Just sublime.

Anyhow, good food for thought PC and welcome to Nexus.
Peace
As Within, So Without.