We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
What can be done to minimize/eliminate pre-flight fear? Options

The Centre
#1 Posted : 10/21/2010 3:58:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My first DMT experience was so intense that at first I vowed not to ever touch it again, but after experiencing the benefits of the realizations that hit me after the experience was over, which included me knowing what my destiny is. (Becoming a Nature Photographer.) I have reconsidered. But I also know for a fact that each time I am going to go in, it will take me much farther. Now, I need to know what to do to eliminate the fear, as I know that if I am nervous, I won't be able to do the journey calmly. Also, how often is the experience harrowing? Mine had absolutely NO euphoria, none of the impossibly huge smiles I normally get from mushrooms, just pure intensity in it's raw form.

Is the experience harrowing most of the time, or is there happy times in there too?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

hyperspacing
#2 Posted : 10/21/2010 4:11:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you get mainly whatyou put in. Fill yourself with love. Clear your mind. The dmt will amplify emotions. Any fear and it can consume the trip. Id say 99 percent of my journeys are happy. But that 1 percent can really scare the hell out of you.

Try taking a small hit and meditating a few minutes before your full dose. It seems to help a lot.
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Autodidactic
#3 Posted : 10/21/2010 4:34:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, I agree with hyperspacing, sometimes SWIM takes a small hit or two to ease into doing a full hit. A friend of mine likes to get a little bit of an alcohol buzz prior to doing DMT also.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

gibran2
#4 Posted : 10/21/2010 5:19:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

lightninrob wrote:
There really is nothing to be anxious about...

I must respectfully disagree with that statement. DMT is a very powerful substance, and it causes profound changes in one’s body, mind, and perceptions. It is natural and normal to feel some anxiety prior to a deep journey. I tend to believe that those who say there is nothing to be anxious about have simply not yet had a deep, difficult journey.

On the brighter side, such journeys are rare, at least for me. Out of several hundred journeys, only 2 or 3 have been difficult. But I must say that they came out of the blue – my set and setting were good, my mood was positive. Even in hindsight there is nothing I can identify that might have led to such difficult experiences.

One way to minimize anxiety has already been mentioned – take a low dose to ease yourself in, then take a higher dose after you feel more relaxed. Let go of everything, focus on peace, love ,tranquility, think happy thoughts and then just do it.

One final note – try to measure your dose so that you’re consuming the minimum amount necessary for a breakthrough. More is not always better!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

The Centre
#5 Posted : 10/21/2010 8:03:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
lightninrob wrote:

I must respectfully disagree with that statement. DMT is a very powerful substance, and it causes profound changes in one’s body, mind, and perceptions. It is natural and normal to feel some anxiety prior to a deep journey. I tend to believe that those who say there is nothing to be anxious about have simply not yet had a deep, difficult journey.

On the brighter side, such journeys are rare, at least for me. Out of several hundred journeys, only 2 or 3 have been difficult. But I must say that they came out of the blue – my set and setting were good, my mood was positive. Even in hindsight there is nothing I can identify that might have led to such difficult experiences.

One way to minimize anxiety has already been mentioned – take a low dose to ease yourself in, then take a higher dose after you feel more relaxed. Let go of everything, focus on peace, love ,tranquility, think happy thoughts and then just do it.

One final note – try to measure your dose so that you’re consuming the minimum amount necessary for a breakthrough. More is not always better!

Luckily I recently got a friend with a GVG and a milligram scale.

I will be doing the pre-dose sub-breakthrough experience as well.

I will not take 50mg DMT with 33mg harmaline infused onto 11x caapi 1:1.

I will be playing my didgeridoo for a good 30 minutes prior to ingestion.

I will find a safer place to do it next time too.

My launch kind of went haywire too. I was so scared of not getting it all, as it was a gift bestowed on me and I didn't want to screw it up, and I didn't feel much going into my lungs. Now I know all that means is that I vaped it properly, as there was only like 5mg or less left, and it looked like only the harmaline as well (I hear harmaline vapes at a higher temp than spice.) I heard Terrence say it tastes like burning plastic. I think Terrence had no idea how to vape spice, and was burning it.

gibran2, I have to agree with you. If anyone ever experienced what happens when all the suffering you have ever caused comes back at you 7 times over, and then being turned into the 4rth dimention, and then having the universe split in two, then they would be anxious.

azrael
#6 Posted : 10/21/2010 8:10:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Samatha on your breath. Let thoughts happen and observe them as things external to You until they quiet down. Five or ten or twenty minutes usually does it for swim.

Apoc
#7 Posted : 10/21/2010 8:23:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:
lightninrob wrote:

I must respectfully disagree with that statement. DMT is a very powerful substance, and it causes profound changes in one’s body, mind, and perceptions.

I agree with your disagreement. If you smoke or take enough in whatever form, you'll lose all that is familiar. The part of you that says, "there's nothing to be afraid of" can get lost in hyperspace. But, the good news, in my experience, is that the fear experienced on dmt is a retreating kind of fear, a fear in which you just curl up and protect your body and keep breathing. It's not the kind of fear that suddenly jolts you, makes you get up and start running and screaming and attacking. You probably won't be able to walk if you are on a large dose anyway. So, the good news is that dmt fear can be scary, but non violent. The fear on dmt is more akin to being alone in the middle of a cold turbulent ocean in a storm. The waves keep coming, you can do nothing but keep trying to get your bearings, and try to keep breathing and huddle from the cold. There's nowhere for you to go, and nothing you can do except protect and wait till the storm passes.

The Centre
#8 Posted : 10/21/2010 10:07:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Apoc wrote:
gibran2 wrote:
lightninrob wrote:

I must respectfully disagree with that statement. DMT is a very powerful substance, and it causes profound changes in one’s body, mind, and perceptions.

I agree with your disagreement. If you smoke or take enough in whatever form, you'll lose all that is familiar. The part of you that says, "there's nothing to be afraid of" can get lost in hyperspace. But, the good news, in my experience, is that the fear experienced on dmt is a retreating kind of fear, a fear in which you just curl up and protect your body and keep breathing. It's not the kind of fear that suddenly jolts you, makes you get up and start running and screaming and attacking. You probably won't be able to walk if you are on a large dose anyway. So, the good news is that dmt fear can be scary, but non violent. The fear on dmt is more akin to being alone in the middle of a cold turbulent ocean in a storm. The waves keep coming, you can do nothing but keep trying to get your bearings, and try to keep breathing and huddle from the cold. There's nowhere for you to go, and nothing you can do except protect and wait till the storm passes.

As a surfer that is exactly that kind of fear that scares me the most, lol. I know what it is like being stuck in the kind of ocean that you shouldn't really be in, but the only way you can get out alive is by paddling TOWARDS the waves, duckdiving each and every one of them, trying to stay away from the rocks, until you get a chance to get to a safe place to get out, that is, if the current lets you. It is that fear that scares me most, as I know once you are in there, there is a distinct possibility that you are not coming out very soon.

lightninrob
#9 Posted : 10/21/2010 10:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok maybe im crazy then lol.. but spice isn't going to make ya dead.

#10 Posted : 10/21/2010 10:40:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm with gibran2 on this. There seems to be no ryhme or reason why things can go south with DMT, and when it does, it's scary as fuck.

The strange part for me is that it does not feel like a "drug" experience, that can be controlled in any way. It feels as much a part of reality as the room you are in now. If you take mdma, or LSD for example, you can (to a degree) control what you will feel and experience by what you do, who you are with, what music you listen to etc. Whilst set and setting is important for spice, it seems I can't control AT ALL what the experience will be on a breakthrough.

I think if you are going to get into this stuff, you need to have an element of "just do it" in your mind. Despite all the careful prep, medetation, chakra cleaning or whatever works for you, there will come a point where you need to empty your head and just... slide. 99% of the time it is magnificent and I wonder what all the fuss was about, but however often that happens, it still takes an enormous amount of courage next time I fill a bowl.

good luck!!
Oh great - the world has just been replaced by elf machinery.
Sic transit gloria mundi

gibran2
#11 Posted : 10/21/2010 10:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

lightninrob wrote:
Ok maybe im crazy then lol.. but spice isn't going to make ya dead.

This is true, but you might not know it at the time. Wink
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Orion
#12 Posted : 10/21/2010 10:52:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive only ventured twice at this point, but I just try to be calm beforehand, although I don't really know what to expect. I imagine I myself might end up going soewhere dark, maybe, but who knows? My mind can be full of very dark things at times, but my experience has been nothing but happy and pleasant.

I think the only really solid advice at this point would be don't give up. There is a vast beauty there. Wherever 'there' is.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

alzabo
#13 Posted : 10/21/2010 11:16:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suggest predosing with some harmalas or caapi tea, then vaping 5mg of spice in stages as you feel comfortable enough to pass into the next realm. That way your doses will stack up on each other and you can ease into the experience much like a mushroom trip...except more easier.

Best of luck, I'm sure you can find a method that works for you.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

gammagore
#14 Posted : 10/22/2010 12:11:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pre-flight fear is good, without it you would show the spice disrespect and get your ass spanked.

I get this all the time, doubts about weather I should go through with this.

I can highly recomend the pre dose, just get your feet wet and get a feel for it. No need to rush into it full force.
Take your time.

I always remind myself as im going in, "everything wll be ok, smile"

vovin
#15 Posted : 10/22/2010 6:41:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Prototype and Design Engineer amongst other things, Craftsman

For me it is much like riding a roller coaster. Even though I have ridden it hundreds of times right before I take of the spice I get that anxious feeling like looking down at the peak of a big dive. One thing I have used in the past is something like a ring or a pendant something that you have with you on every journey. I call it my anchor to this world. For some reason when I am lost in the other side and I feel as if I am being overwhelmed I can feel it in my hand and I know I can find my way back.
If you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing.

The Centre
#16 Posted : 10/22/2010 12:37:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Spice is to psychedelics as this is to surfing:

Dumdumdaa!

kyrolima
#17 Posted : 10/22/2010 1:12:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IF you are afraid.
Let it be Very happy
elusive illusion

gibran2
#18 Posted : 10/22/2010 2:30:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vovin wrote:
For me it is much like riding a roller coaster. Even though I have ridden it hundreds of times right before I take of the spice I get that anxious feeling like looking down at the peak of a big dive. One thing I have used in the past is something like a ring or a pendant something that you have with you on every journey. I call it my anchor to this world. For some reason when I am lost in the other side and I feel as if I am being overwhelmed I can feel it in my hand and I know I can find my way back.

That’s a good idea. But…

Maybe it’s just me, but when I have a strong breakthrough I almost always leave my body far behind. I have no hands to feel anything, no eyes to open. No anchor.

I’ve read other suggestions to open your eyes if a closed-eye experience gets to be too much, and my response is “Open my eyes? What eyes?”

Trickster
#19 Posted : 10/22/2010 3:19:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

gibran2 wrote:
... I have no hands to feel anything, no eyes to open. No anchor.

Very familiar.

But once I tried the following. I asked my GF to hold my hand. Although the journey was quite deep and I lost all contact with the outer world this ball of reassuring warmth was present all the time.

I tried it another time when initiating a friend to the spice and she reported the same feeling and was very grateful.
Do not seek the truth, just drop your opinions.

mattimus
#20 Posted : 10/22/2010 6:39:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the fear is natural, use it to project you further, redirect the energy from the fear into a full release of your self into a state of pure love and bliss.
come to acceptance with the fact that all is in a state of perfection no matter how we choose to perceive it
The above is quoted from www.google.com

Take responsibility for making your own life beautiful.

123NEXT»