We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
EVER SEEN AN ALIEN DJ? Options

antrocles
#1 Posted : 10/15/2010 4:23:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

if you know anything technical about music, you're about to start drooling so put a towel in your lap and proceed forth.

the 'react table' is like something out of a sci-fi fantasy. it is pretty much proof-positive that if something can be imagined, it will one day come to be..

if you are a dj or know anything about djing, this device is basically like being inside Ableton.

for those of you who have never 'seen' music in its wave-pattern form, this is gonna knock your socks off....

L&G!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgy1S8qymx0
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Infinite I
#2 Posted : 10/15/2010 5:31:37 PM

JC

Aye they look well cool. I just bought the reactable app for the iphone the other day, tbh I feel a bit ripped off lol It was only £5.99 too but I probably havent gave it enough time and ive not loaded any of my own samples into it yet, definately is a different way of working things but I keep going back to nanosync for my iphone its a sequencer with drum pads and synths, its amazing I just got the iphone, I can make tunes when walking about, im really quite astounded as to what these smarphones can do, I had no idea! Shocked Very happy

So far the raectable app seems quite gimmiky to me, and im not sure how I could transfer things from my iphone to my computer that could actually be used, apart from just recording wavs tho definately interesting!

The real one costs £20000 im sure so think ill stick with my pirated copy of ableton Laughing Wink

MetaXIII
#3 Posted : 10/15/2010 5:51:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pretty cool. Reminded me of this http://kotaku.com/5664245/graph...to-a-virtual-masterpiece
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. - Bokonon

To fathom Hell or soar angelic, just take a pinch of psychedelic. - Humphry Osmond in a poetic exchange with Aldous Huxley

rOm
#4 Posted : 10/15/2010 7:01:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh yeah, I've just seen last week a machine looking similar though a bit simpler to play with in a artistic communauty.
It does look alien to us !
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

universecannon
#5 Posted : 10/15/2010 9:04:13 PM

β˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

those look awesome

love the comment on the reactable live berlin-video
"One bag of mushrooms: $60.00

A Reactable: $2,000.00

Some friends and tin foil hats: $1.00

seeming to connect spirtually in a trance while Contacting alienο»Ώ life forms to a beat: $Priceless"

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

gammagore
#6 Posted : 10/15/2010 9:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I found out about this a few months ago, when I checked the pricetag, I forgot about it. Still, what a whicked piece of machinery.

corridors of my cells
#7 Posted : 10/15/2010 11:46:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ahh its been around since long time, they are fun stuff. I wonder when will we be seing them around here sumtime Razz

antrocles
#8 Posted : 10/16/2010 12:22:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MetaXIII- that was INCREDIBLE!!!

i've actually been to that clock tower before and thought it was amazing just on it's own. i would have LOVED to have seen that performance live.....

wow...i'm blown away....

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

MetaXIII
#9 Posted : 10/18/2010 7:25:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks antrocles. I also would have loved to see the performance live. I keep wondering whether the part where it rains and then the tower is covered with vines would seem just as real if I was there, not to mention the rest of the performance.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. - Bokonon

To fathom Hell or soar angelic, just take a pinch of psychedelic. - Humphry Osmond in a poetic exchange with Aldous Huxley