We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : What is your preferred strain/color of Cappi vine?
Choice Votes Statistics
Cielo 0 0 %
White 6 17 %
Yellow 1 2 %
Ourinhos 26 74 %
Black 0 0 %
Hawaiian/Bali 0 0 %
Other 2 5 %

Caapi Colors:What's your favorite Caapi Vine? Options

rumplestiltskin
#1 Posted : 9/7/2010 1:44:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM realizes that Caapi vine is inherently inconsistent between batches and even within batches of the same strain/color.

Still, SWIM is interested in other swimmer's experiences between the so-called "colors" of vine, and their characteristics or whether there even seems to be a preference.

He would also be curious to know if these are truly different phenotypes of B. Caapi, or just different parts of the vine, older parts of the vine, etc.
Good morning.... good afternoon.... goodnight,
what have you done with your life?
Everybody's time come to be embraced by the light,
you're only scared to die when you're not living right.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dragon-n
#2 Posted : 9/10/2010 12:04:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i had never heard of ourinhos caapi so i looked up a little bit.
i found a vendor that said this about it:

"Ourinhos could be freely translated as Little Gold. The name, which is also a Brazilian city, was given to the B. caapi plant because of the golden coloration of the brew made with it. This is a very powerful strain used in most of the official ceremonies of the Santo Daime, União do Vegetal and Barquinha churches in Brazil. This strain is also referred to as 'Yellow caapi'."

are ourinhos and yellow caapi just the same thing??

later on in this vendor's print about caapi they mentioned that it is inactive on it's own and needs to be activated by DMT.
you have to be ignorant or have had a lobotomy to think that caapi isn't active on it's own.
so i don't know if they're just speaking in ignorance about yellow being the same.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 9/10/2010 12:12:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've had a vendor tell me that yellow and cielo are the same. Often I'm told black caapi from peru is also known as red caapi and black caapi from ecuador is the "thunder" caapi.

Apparently they really, really aint. Don't trust any old vendor to be a reliable source of information.

It's all about the white Smile

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 9/10/2010 12:48:33 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

dragon-n wrote:
are ourinhos and yellow caapi just the same thing??

Not at all...ourinhos is considerably more potent, ime. I work pretty much exclusively with Ourinhos and cant say enough good things about it. I don't know what vendor had that information, but it is wildly inaccurate. It does mean, "litle gold" but that's about the only thing they got right (and it's Brazilian).
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

jamie
#5 Posted : 9/10/2010 12:54:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

red
Long live the unwoke.

Dimitrius
#6 Posted : 9/10/2010 2:14:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Red for sure. Then black behind that. Then white. Then yellow.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

pau
#7 Posted : 9/10/2010 2:52:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just getting my caapi toe wet, and don't have enough data points for accurate comparisons, but I do have some questions:
1. What can you do with the leftover caapi pulp after the boils? Currently I am adding it to the compost. Are they worth freezing for a rainy day to coax out a few more active molecules?
2. Anybody ever try a tea or ayabrew consisting of multiple colors of caapi....like a red/black brew in a carefully planned 60/40 ratio, or yellow/white, etc??? Or maybe just a bunch of random, bottom-of-the-barrel pieces of vine??? Couldn't find a word written about it! I do this with cactus all the time and it makes for some great experiences.
WHOA!

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 9/10/2010 4:31:41 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

pau wrote:
1. What can you do with the leftover caapi pulp after the boils? Currently I am adding it to the compost. Are they worth freezing for a rainy day to coax out a few more active molecules?

Well, there can be alkaloids still in the bark after brewing. Here's an experiment I did that's kind of related to that.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

picatris
#9 Posted : 10/18/2010 9:37:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Pau

pau wrote:
Just getting my caapi toe wet, and don't have enough data points for accurate comparisons, but I do have some questions:
2. Anybody ever try a tea or ayabrew consisting of multiple colors of caapi....like a red/black brew in a carefully planned 60/40 ratio, or yellow/white, etc??? Or maybe just a bunch of random, bottom-of-the-barrel pieces of vine??? Couldn't find a word written about it! I do this with cactus all the time and it makes for some great experiences.

These are excellent questions I have never seen discussed here in the Nexus... yet I would think they would be more visible in a separate thread. Perhaps you or a mod could start this topic with the same post. To answer your first question. My experience is that after a good boil most everything is off. I have tried to squeeze more from it (after over a month) but could get only trace amounts of harmalas. These are promptly detected by UV light, so I'm pretty certain that, at least for that batch, after an acidic boil nothing of value remains.

To answer the OP question: Red!

"The elfclowns of hyperspace are already juggling in the center ring. Hurry! Hurry!" T.M