We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Recipe for disaster? Or endless possiblities Options

Thebatman
#1 Posted : 10/14/2010 9:12:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Im just tossing around this idea, for the possibility of future creation. This is, what i hope to combine in an Aya like mixture:

A specific amount of DMT
Psilocyban extracted from mushrooms
Caapi leaf

Im just wondering if I would need to add a few more ingredients to the mixture, to get ideal results, if so, what?

Thanks nexus!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

BananaForeskin
#2 Posted : 10/14/2010 10:41:10 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Are you looking to smoke this or take it orally?
The problem I see with oral consumption is that it would take a ton of caapi leaves to achieve MAOI inhibition, an unspecified ton, because the alkaloid content in the leaves seems to be so variable. You should use vine. It's also worth noting that some people find ayahuasca+mushroom journeys quite difficult. (not to say you shouldn't exsperiment)
If you weren't aiming for full MAOI inhibition, then the addition of DMT to the mixture would be a waste; more or less you'd be having a psilocybin trip with a caapi edge to it.

¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/14/2010 11:21:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how are you extracting psilocin / cybin ?

what dosages are you considering consuming? I never mixed MAOI with mushrooms myself, I heard a LOT of bad experiences with it. I think if you do that, please keep the mushroom amount very low, like an amount so small that normally wouldnt have any effects on you.

Also note that traditionally its the caapi vine used in tea. It seems caapi leaf has mostly harmine while caapi vine often has higher amounts of THH (and a bunch of other trace beta-carbolines). Some say THH may be specially beneficial but AFAIK there hasnt been any specific research about THH's effects by itself so its all speculation at this point.

In any case just get your dosage correct if you do that mixture. Please tell us what amounts we are considering.

and of course I guess i dont even have to mention that you should really try take care care of set and setting, right?

Thebatman
#4 Posted : 10/15/2010 11:30:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

For the mushroom extract, I have read on here(I'll try and find you the link) that one could obtain decent effects from half the amount that you would need if you just ate straight mushrooms. And thanks for the insight on the bad mushroom trips with Caapi, perhaps you know of another substance I could use in it's place? And of course, set and setting are of the UTMOST importance.

futura
#5 Posted : 10/17/2010 3:49:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thebatman wrote:
For the mushroom extract, I have read on here(I'll try and find you the link) that one could obtain decent effects from half the amount that you would need if you just ate straight mushrooms.

For shroom extract(psilocin is what youll get) just add powdered shrooms to ice cold water that has a low PH(around 2.0 to 3.0) shake well and put in fridge in the dark overnight...shake ever couple hours then filter thru coffe filter...

to lower water PH just crush a 1000 mg vitamin C tablet and add to 6 oz water...

This tea will be approx 1/2 as strong as eating shrooms...but will have no nausea anb be much cleare as its all pysilocin...

bringeroflight
#6 Posted : 10/17/2010 4:03:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wait a sec, why use ice cold water? You'd get a better extraction starting with hot water. I've boiled shrooms in water for 10 minutes and noticed no, if any loss.. so if that's what you're worried about, worry no further.
I am awake in a dream called reality.