We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca with the shamans Options

unansweredquestions
#1 Posted : 10/14/2010 8:31:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

iv never tried an Ayahuasca brew, though id truly like to have my first experience with a genuine shaman. whether it'd be in peru, mexico or the amizon, pressumably alot of you nexians have experience Ayahuasca in its traditional settings. does anyone have a particular place or shaman to recomend? id also really apreciate anyone willing to share their experiencec there..

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Autodidactic
#2 Posted : 10/14/2010 8:39:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Peru is the most common place for ayahuasca tourism.
*The above text represents a fictional alter ego, none of it is based on the experiences of a real person.*

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." Oscar Wilde

BananaForeskin
#3 Posted : 10/14/2010 10:25:35 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

If you poke around, you could probably find an ayahuasqero even closer than that! You'd be surprised.
¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸โ€žø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

clouds
#4 Posted : 10/15/2010 12:38:11 AM

Human

There are no authentic ayahuasca shamans in Mexico. The only real shamans in Mexico are the ones that travel with peyote, mushrooms, salvia, ololiouqui, datura and picietl. The mexican DMT containing root (tepescohuite) was AFAIK not used with entheogenic purposes. It was used with medicinal (physiological) purposes.

I recommend that if you want to experience ayahuasca with a real shaman, you search in Peru, Brazil or Colombia.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 10/15/2010 1:40:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

or Ecuador.

unansweredquestions
#6 Posted : 10/16/2010 12:23:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh right, seems a few things iv heard have been abit misleading. So mexico is out, as much as i love peyote!
i feel experiencing it in the amazon would be truly profound, yet im tempted with paru as iv had friends go there travelling and highly recomended the place! tough choice.
and bananaforeskin, i know you can find it much closer to home; its just, i really yearn to experience it in its traditional settings, with an expert in the field by my side, yaknow?
The first time experiencing something is often the most powerful, i just imagine the effect would be amplified and generaly more fulfilling in one of the indigenous places of the substance. worth the extra couple of bucks, no?

mistmann
#7 Posted : 10/16/2010 4:25:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

lol i wish i had this option but, hahaha i cant leave the state im in for 3 yrs Sad

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 10/16/2010 6:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

unansweredquestions wrote:

The first time experiencing something is often the most powerful, i just imagine the effect would be amplified and generally more fulfilling in one of the indigenous places of the substance. worth the extra couple of bucks, no?

everyone has the right to explore their minds the way they see fit.if it is Peru that calls to you then go and answer that call. id suggest doing your research as to where and with whom. ive heard of quite a few friends having lack luster expensive ceremony's in south America. we tend to think because these people that live in the amazon that everyone must be so honest and spiritual. this is not always the case. their will be self titled "shamans" at the airport in Lima trying to get you to buy their ceremony. often they are not trained ayahuasquero and are buying the ayahuasca from other people in town. yes you can buy aya right in the markets btw.

aya is now big money and tourism in peru. this is a place of very little income so you can only imagine the scramble to make a buck with the local residents. you cant blame them but you also dont have to sacrifice your experience to help feed their family's.

my advice would be to either research tons and pay a lot of money to a reputable ayahuasca retreat center. they are usually owned and operated by western white men that employ the local shamans and helpers. the reputable ones have very good ayahuasquero's. usually the ones with a great reputation with the local people. i would have to ad my 2 cents that i question the ethics of some of these centers. they make huge sums of cash and i wonder how much trickles down to the locals. i doubt very much. it seems a bit exploitative to me. not all of them im sure but how can you justify up to $2500.00 for 3-4 ceremonys with lodging in a place that costs pennies a day to survive in. im not discouraging your choice as much as i want you to know all the different angles first. im sure their are wonderful sustainable aya centers out there as well.Very happy when you found one i would encourage you to inquire what type of communtity outreach programs if any their center practice and support.

the other way would be to travel for a good while. weeks if not months. slowly get the feel for the land and people exploring all the different pockets of the amazon river basin. you will find your ceremony. it may be even more special because it wont have costed $1500-$2500 us dollars and possibly be a much smaller setting with local folks as opposed to 20 or so back packers. the "ayahuasca centers" are very expensive. while the local ceremony's can cost you just a few bucks. i will be in Peru and the amazon from 2011-2012 and thats is what i plan to do.

in the mean time i felt i would get the most out of a traditional setting having a good working knowledge and experience with ayahuasca so that is why i have been drinking the past few months.
like i said, there is no right or wrong way to explore yourself and be weary of anyone who tells you different.

I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.