We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cleaning pipes? Options

Swarupa
#1 Posted : 10/13/2010 9:16:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey there, i was wondering what's good to clean dirty pipes/vaporizers?

I used my volcano for my first blast off on the weekend, and afterwrads scrubbed the herb chamber & bag fittings with normal washing up liquid for kitchen use, i can't smell DMT anymore or feel any stickyness, but there's def a funky taste left behind.

Would soaking in acetone then rinsing do the job?
Also isit okay to soak wooden pipes like the vapor genie in acetone?

Thanks!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

justine
#2 Posted : 10/13/2010 10:03:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you want to retrieve the goodies you should use hot IPA, xylene or dcm (everything will disolve in a matter of seconds with these solvents), otherwise use vinegar.
Naphta and acetone do not dissolve dmt n-oxide, so they are useless in this case.
Since i'm quite paranoid about solvent contamination I always wash my gvg with hot water afterwards.
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Swarupa
#3 Posted : 10/13/2010 10:26:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool, so normal household vinegar will get all the plastic taste out?

I'm tempted to get a GVG but i already have two wooden ones & a volcano, i think if i was to spend that much money again i'd just get a replacement chamber & bag fitting for the volcano & keep that aside for DMT, although the portability of the GVG sounds good! I don't like not being able to see the vapor in a wooden VG so ended up buying a magic flight launch box for herb, it's great but i dont think it would be so good for DMT.

Im new to DMT so ill bide my time...

justine
#4 Posted : 10/13/2010 10:34:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chronic wrote:
Cool, so normal household vinegar will get all the plastic taste out?

Yep, after all 8% vinegar has a PH of +-2.4!

Chronic wrote:
Im tempted to get a GVG but i already have two wooden ones & a volcano, i think if i was to spend that much money again i'd just get a replacement chamber & bag fitting for the volcano & keep that aside for DMT, although the portability of the GVG sounds good! I don't like not being able to see the vapor in a wooden VG so ended up buying a magic flight launch box for herb, its great but i dont think it would be so good for DMT

Im new to DMT so ill bide my time...

Why don't you sell your 2 wooden VGs and buy a GVG ?
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

Swarupa
#5 Posted : 10/13/2010 11:10:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Good idea considering i never use them!

DMTripper
#6 Posted : 10/14/2010 2:50:10 AM

John Murdoch IV

I would not soak wooden VG in a solvent.
But good idea to sell the two wooden ones for a GVG.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!