We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Separating White N,n dmt from full range alcaloïds extract ? Options

rOm
#1 Posted : 6/6/2010 7:01:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to separate the white n,n dmt from jimjam using food safe/ eco friendly teks ?

If not what would be the best choice to do it if there are different options ?
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 6/6/2010 7:20:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you can get pure white crystals by redissolving the fumarates in small amounts of pure hot water (not adding acid), adding sodium carbonate and letting crystalize in the fridge over a few days. Look here

rOm
#3 Posted : 6/6/2010 11:39:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the link, the thing is, this is freebase jimjam, so should it work the same as shown in the thread ?
( That would be awesome )

endlessness
#4 Posted : 6/6/2010 11:44:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

you would have to convert it to fumarate and then do that. I guess it would work if you make a hot solution of fumaric acid and dissolve your freebase jimjam in that, and then add sodium carbonate and let it crystalize

rOm
#5 Posted : 6/7/2010 1:29:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot, SWIM will try this one out !

rOm
#6 Posted : 6/10/2010 10:58:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM failed. He add fumaric acid to warm water, then dissolve the jimjam, and then mix with saurated carbonate sodium water and there are no crystal. Just the water yellow (light piss color) and some white powder, probably all the excess acids in hte bottom. Two days in the fridge.

endlessness
#7 Posted : 6/10/2010 12:15:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

did you dissolve in too much water, maybe? how much sodium carbonate solution did you add? was there immediate clouding of the solution once you added it?

there is no such thing as 'excess acids' because the fumaric acid was neutralized with the sodium carbonate, forming sodium fumarate which is water soluble, so it shouldnt precipitate. Maybe the white powder is your dmt...

rOm
#8 Posted : 6/10/2010 12:18:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

actually I thought about it but (oh shit ) used the jar so I cleaned it to finish mesc extraction !
I put some water like a mug of it. when I mixed the two solution I couldn't see what was going on cause I had big emulsion (fumaric acid and carbonate water is doing that).
Well I'm evaporating the liquid in the oven at 90°c and there is a lot of white there ? will it be all the jimjam with sodiums ?

rOm
#9 Posted : 6/10/2010 12:19:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I need to try again and now wash my jimjam residue which looks white now.

endlessness
#10 Posted : 6/10/2010 12:33:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Never throw anything away.. Ive seen too many people here in the forum that when something doesnt go exactly as expected they get desperate and already throw things away or start making weird improvised solutions that just screw it up more, instead of being patient, trying to find an answer for it, researching the solutions.. Thats what we're here for Smile

What emulsion are you talking about? I cant imagine any possible emulsion forming from adding sodium carb solution to water that has dmt fumarate dissolved.... I think what formed was the precipitation of your dmt, it was like a light colour cloudy layer all over, yes? If you just wait at least 3 days or so, your dmt should bundle together into crystals.... but now its too late, you already took it out

evaporating the liquid? your dmt should be precipitated, it shouldnt be dissolved in the water so filtering should have been enough, no need to evap water. I think you are making a mess out of a simple operation.

but yes if you evaporate that liquid probably it will be freebase dmt, plus sodium fumarate and sodium carbonate. You could pull that with dry IPA or acetone and it will pick up your actives and leave behind the impurities, so just evap it separately

rOm
#11 Posted : 6/10/2010 1:22:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Look, the emulsion happened for fumaric acid (I start from freebase jimjam so I had to mix it beforehand) in water in which I dissolve my freebase, then add the carbonate sodium.
It was like if you shake a bottle of coke around and open it suddenly ! It's like foam is going up and up and finally settle down.
three days in hte fridge no crystals.

rOm
#12 Posted : 6/11/2010 2:38:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Now I need to start it again with new JimJam, since I just realize I don't label my jars (trusting my memorie), and the one I used was what I collected from cleaning my GVG with vinegar.
I read somewhere Ant' saying this is mainly n-oxide, what I collect from ACE wash was a yellow sticky product,looking much lighter than my JimJam.

My bad then...
rOm attached the following image(s):
IMG_0701.jpg (624kb) downloaded 223 time(s).

rOm
#13 Posted : 6/11/2010 3:11:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the poor quality of the picture.
Up, you have what I think is the product from cleaning the GVG, after a FASW, combined with (after half an hour) sodium carbonate water, evaporate the liquid, and pulled with acetone to clear the sodium out of the solution.
Down you'll the original Jimjam that SWIM was using in his GVG.

justine
#14 Posted : 10/13/2010 12:59:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can't you just re-x with room temp. naphta so as to pull only pure dmt then extract the remaining alcs with IPA ?
To see the world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour.
- William Blake

rOm
#15 Posted : 10/13/2010 2:53:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is possible to re-x with fridge temp or room temp naphta. That's what been done after all though its not as eco as it could be !