We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Chasers!! Options

mistmann
#1 Posted : 10/12/2010 3:29:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so every one knows dmt aya and lots more are amazing! Now what doesn't rock is the taste lol. So what does everyone use to chase there shot. I heard mango purée is amazing! But I haven't seen anyone else talk about this. I just want to make sure I'm not drinking anything that will react bad with my maoi and admixture mhrb.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

digital_phreedom
#2 Posted : 10/12/2010 3:51:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was using water at first.. I dunno why, haha.. Because I just switched to orange juice, and my nausea is so much reduced now! Yeah, it tastes like death going down, but as soon as I swallow and get the orange juice in my mouth, I'm fine. A few small sips of OJ completely erases that bad taste from my mouth.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

mistmann
#3 Posted : 10/12/2010 3:56:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hahaha yes I Love love oj! I'm glad to hear it will work with aya!

Simply orange juice FTW

random321
#4 Posted : 10/12/2010 4:54:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Haha I've never chased it with anything but water. Probably cause I don't drink anything but water as part of my diet I try to avoid sugar. I think it's a bad idea to try to avoid the taste with some flavorful drink. That sets the wrong frame for a journey. It sets a mental frame of avoiding unpleasantness. That's the opposite of what is needed for a journey, embracing the unpleasantness.

I prefer to stick with my own version of the spiritual dieta to emotionally and spiritually open me up for the journey. It consists of avoiding all flavorful foods, seasonings, etc and all sensory stimulation that I normally use to avoid feeling pain like TV, music, internet, sex, masturbation, comfort food, chit-chat/gossip, etc. This really opens the body up emotionally and makes the experience more valuable.

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 10/12/2010 5:14:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A small amount of chocolate almond milk, one ripe banana, and some agave nectar or maple syrup. Blend. Vanilla and cinnamon also mask the taste to some degree. Watch your liquid volume... you still have to drink it all. Pleased

You can also coat the mouth with honey/agave/maple syrup just before taking a shot.

Any fresh sliced fruit and some water immediately to follow ingestion helps, too.

I love Ayahuasca. The plain taste of it is something I simply can't endure, so I understand. The above method can at least be done with vibrant, organic, earth-friendly ingredients, AND the fruit can kick up the intensity of the experience.

There are many ways one can practice devotion. I always clean my house before ceremony, for example. Smile Do what works best for you. Learn about all traditions, past and present. Try new things. Get inspired. Sometimes creating your own ritual can be extremely potent. Intentions centered in the heart are most powerful. <3
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

digital_phreedom
#6 Posted : 10/12/2010 5:24:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mistmann wrote:
Simply orange juice FTW

The same kind I use too! Hahaha.. FTW indeed!

And those are some great ideas ms manic! I especially like the idea of coating the mouth with honey! Brilliant, thanks for sharing that.

And random: I totally understand what you're saying.. I wanted to go as "natural" as I could on my first journey, and stuck with only water.. But the idea of 'avoiding unpleasantness' ended up sticking with me because of the unpleasantness I ended up enduring! Mostly because of the lingering taste in my mouth, and accompanying nausea. When I tried chasing with orange juice, the idea of unpleasantness wasn't present at all.

But to each his own, if your way works for you then I'm happy for that. I'm always open to trying new ideas, and I love to hear about things that work for other people, but when it comes down to it, I think we're the only ones who can decide what is best for us.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.

olympus mon
#7 Posted : 10/12/2010 5:54:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

discovered this one last rainy morning. decaf ice coffee!!!! as a chaser it totaly covers the taste because the acidic flavor is so close to the caapi. perfect.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

mistmann
#8 Posted : 10/12/2010 1:36:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

These are great ideas, could I sip peppermint tea after the shot do you think? I'm still going to go with on chaser first then I'm going to go more nTural!! Coco milk Chaco yumm! I can't wait, my stuff should be in anytime