We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt-healing and psychosomatic illness ? Options

veico
#1 Posted : 1/17/2010 3:04:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey folks,

so this is my first imprint on the nexus, even though I have already read my way arround the place and generally on the topic...
May all this be as it is, I have a question that I'd like to discuss:

One can read quite a lot about dmt-healing and allmost always you hear about healing experiences that concern "the mind" and allmost allways it's healthy (by the view of school-medicine) people who are writing.

However I'm carrying my package of disease (it is by far not well enough understood to call it simply autoimmune or psychosomatic, it certainly has genetic parts, maybe (not profen) infections might be involved... Maybe it is an illusion in respect to the fact, that diffrent sets of causes that create similar sympthoms are errornously packed together, so that the research gets srewed up).
As you can see by the brakets the situation isn't too convinient. Medicine can treat the sympthoms. Since the cause isn't clear, it can not be treated.

I would like to hear, if you know about entities that have experienced improvements in physical / psychosomatic(whatsoever) issues durring their dmt-maturation?

I could imagine that the "positive boost" that is generally discribed to occur with/afer consumption, could help carrying the fate of chronic illness in a better way, giving strength for the discipline it needs to respect the borders set by the illness, am I wrong?

generally: What do you think: Could dmt help in such a situation or would you rather not consider it helpfull for this constellation?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

balaganist
#2 Posted : 1/17/2010 4:00:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have heard quite a few stories about ayahuasca providing such healing, esp when guided by a powerful shaman.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

kyrolima
#3 Posted : 1/17/2010 1:10:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

veico wrote:
Hey folks,

so this is my first imprint on the nexus, even though I have already read my way arround the place and generally on the topic...
May all this be as it is, I have a question that I'd like to discuss:

One can read quite a lot about dmt-healing and allmost always you hear about healing experiences that concern "the mind" and allmost allways it's healthy (by the view of school-medicine) people who are writing.

However I'm carrying my package of disease (it is by far not well enough understood to call it simply autoimmune or psychosomatic, it certainly has genetic parts, maybe (not profen) infections might be involved... Maybe it is an illusion in respect to the fact, that diffrent sets of causes that create similar sympthoms are errornously packed together, so that the research gets srewed up).
As you can see by the brakets the situation isn't too convinient. Medicine can treat the sympthoms. Since the cause isn't clear, it can not be treated.

I would like to hear, if you know about entities that have experienced improvements in physical / psychosomatic(whatsoever) issues durring their dmt-maturation?

I could imagine that the "positive boost" that is generally discribed to occur with/afer consumption, could help carrying the fate of chronic illness in a better way, giving strength for the discipline it needs to respect the borders set by the illness, am I wrong?

generally: What do you think: Could dmt help in such a situation or would you rather not consider it helpfull for this constellation?

I think journeys can help you to accept your deseases. Once you accept them, and your mind changes to a positive attitude, it might be possible that your body heals itself or you change certain things which enables your body to heal itself!

That's just my opinion and no medical advice.

Get information on your deseases and change your nutrition and attitude
elusive illusion

psilyguy
#4 Posted : 1/17/2010 2:34:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember reading about a cancer patient, who was told by doctors and modern medicine that she was terminal and had little over a year to live. She did not accept that, and went out on a journey. During her journey, she took part in various ayahuasca ceremonies, during which she was told dieing (now) was her choice. Over a year after taking part in the ceremonies, she was not only alive, but no longer had any trace of cancer in her!
The mind is indeed a powerful thing, and dmt is a powerful trigger of the mind. Who really knows what could happen when the mind is triggered. Perhaps the ability to heal is locked within us? Perhaps it is not. I'm not going to pretend to understand how it works, but I will wish you all the best with any form of treatment you decide to seek out.

veico
#5 Posted : 1/17/2010 3:14:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, that's what I had in mind (not this actual storry, but along the storryline), too.

I'm allready into training my mind and trying to understand better, what it is, that pushes the illnes.

Elpo
#6 Posted : 1/17/2010 5:31:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

First of all i wish u all the best with overcoming your illness.
On what i have read, ayahuasca can indeed have a powerful impact on the mind just as mushrooms can. Maybe it is interesting to look up the experiment that has been done at the Hopkins University a few years ago with mushrooms. The reults were amazing. The head reasercher's following step was using cancer patients as next volunteers, but haven't found anything on that yet.

But what i would like to know if your illness is stressrelated aswell? In that case some sessions of acupuncture might help. With acupuncture the whole body gets treated in one go, and this resonates on the mind too.

As for finding decent shamans, i would suggest finding people in your area who share the same interests. Maybe go to a Goa party in your area? A lot of the people who frequent those parties are into these kind of things even though i don't want to generalize... Smile

Peace

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

veico
#7 Posted : 1/18/2010 12:02:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

thanks for your answer, I would be quite interessted in reading the article, could you provide a link or similar?

Concerning finding a good shaman or gide via GOA parties im having second thoughts... knowing the folks who visit goa-parties arround here... but we will see

Elpo
#8 Posted : 1/18/2010 2:24:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a link to the article about the study that was conducted at the Hopkins University in 2006:
Mushrooms study

You will be able to find a few articles on this, but most of them have the same information.

As for finding a shaman, i have some friends who hae participated in aya ceremonies, but i wouldn't know how to find one in your area.

Peace
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

veico
#9 Posted : 10/8/2010 3:42:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry just caught the wrong thread...

WSaged
#10 Posted : 10/8/2010 7:44:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are interested in healing Shamans, you should start somewhere south of the equator....like maybe Peru, or South America!!!
I know a few people who have visited a man named Juan Carlos near Iquitos Peru & he is the real deal!
(actually they are called "Curendero's", Shaman is a term from Siberia)

Not saying someone local can't make you feel better, but an actual Shaman has been trained from childhood by a 1000 year old tradition. They've grown up living with & working with the plants.
It's quite a bit more than just taking drugs to have a heavy psychedelic experience, they tune into you & do some truely amazing things with vibration & harmonics in the body!!
Their not guessing & what they do is no accident.

Ayahuasca is a medicine to them, like Percocet & Adavan are to western culture.

Beware of anyone charging a lot of $$$!!

4 day & nights staying with Juan Carlos (food, private cabins to sleep in & 3 Ayahuasca ceremonies) = $120!
You go out & pick the vine & admixture plants in the morning, he brews it during the day (you help) & ceremonies at night. Nothing pre-made, he chooses plants based on your problem/intentions/growth.
(of course you have to get down there too, which isn't exactly cheap...)
Or hippies claiming to be shamen!
It's a very cool thing to claim nowadays, but just taking Ayahuasca or Mushrooms & having a few heavy experiences that resonate deep within you, does not make a person a shaman.
Or qualify them to "heal" someone with psychedelics...there's just a lot more to it than that!

Cheers!
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

corpus callosum
#11 Posted : 10/8/2010 7:50:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

What title have your doctors assigned to your package of disease-if you dont mind me asking?Wut?
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.

ms_manic_minxx
#12 Posted : 10/9/2010 5:30:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would you mind discussing your situation more?

Caapi has worked wonders for me by ways of mental restoration...

I've never had any serious physical problems, but I used to suffer from terrible menstrual cramps (roll around and cry and yell for several hours at a time). A combination of diet and going DEEP into my psyche to make peace with my mother/embrace female identity/loving my body/etc. had a profoundly positive impact. Smile

There are so many variables. Caapi isn't a cure-all, but it's an incredibly precise tool, that, when used appropriately, is invaluable in assisting many kinds of recovery.

Much peace and healing! Smile
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

random321
#13 Posted : 10/9/2010 2:04:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes. It will help you. I have a huge history of psychosomatic illness, and aya is the only thing to help. By psychosomatic I don't mean that it's fake. I mean that I have real health problems that are directly connected to unconscious emotions. I know a a legit MD oncologist who recommends aya to his patients and says that almost all illness is psychosomatic. And using plant medicine and resolving those issues is basically the only way to heal it, or allow healing to take place. Otherwise the mind unconsciously sabotage every treatment and make bad descisions that cause the illness to progress. It's not something that is at conscious awareness.

The Centre
#14 Posted : 10/10/2010 6:11:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, all I can say is, in my first DMT experience, I was not only told to quit weed and cigarettes and marijuana, but I was also cured of my flu. Then, when I smoked again a few weeks later, the flu reappeared. Only when I stopped did it go away.