We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone else find water tastes sweet on ayahuasca? Options

Bancopuma
#1 Posted : 4/14/2010 12:36:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings fellow humanoids,

Well a few nights ago I had an beautiful and amazing ayahuasca ceremony, I think my most powerful so far. It caught me by surprise, I thought I was a bit of an ayahuasca hardhead, never seeming to make it to the same realm other drinkers in ceremonies made it to, so it was an important experience to me. It seemed to trigger some Iboga pathways as well, at times there were some definite Iboga symptoms experienced. Feel great still...amazing stuff.

I was wondering if any other ayahuasca drinkers find that water tastes sweet on ayahuasca. I get this consistently, every time I drink ayahuasca, both before and after purging...its definitely not 'placebo', in my mind at least, vivid every time. I think ayahausca contains lots of sugars, so it might be that any water i drink is dissolving a residue of these in my mouth which is why water tastes sweet. One other drinker at the last ceremony also experienced this, so i was wondering if any other humanoids out there experienced this phenomenon, or am I pretty much a loan mutant in this regard?

Cool

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/14/2010 12:46:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yep I have noticed that too for sure, interesting you mention Smile

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 4/14/2010 12:58:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great so there are others out there... Very happy

lyserge
#4 Posted : 4/15/2010 11:14:38 PM

polyfather anomalous

Not specifically with aya, since I have little experience with it, but water has taken on a new quality for me after interfacing with Spice. It doesn't taste sweet but I've become more aware with my connection with it and hydration has become a much more pleasurable activity for me. I've also switched to drinking spring water, as it does taste better. I will keep this in mind as I begin my work with aya.
"...I didn't know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn't know that cats could grin..." - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

ms_manic_minxx
#5 Posted : 4/16/2010 3:01:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you work consistently with the same type of vine? Some are DEFINITELY sweeter than others!

I think what the body needs at the moment tastes best, especially with the guidance of good medicine. Nothing tastes better than fruit to me in the afterglow (which also has high water content, and, mmmm... glucose).
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

jamie
#6 Posted : 4/16/2010 3:03:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I drank late last night very randomly, and I did notice that at about 3am I drank some apple juice and it tasted rediculousily sweet..apple juice is very sweet anyway..but this was like very very very sweet. Weird.
Long live the unwoke.

Ginkgo
#7 Posted : 4/16/2010 3:06:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To me, everything tastes stronger on entheogens. No matter if it is sweet, bitter or sour, it is always a way stronger taste. I have never experienced a sweet taste from water though, but I always think water tastes kinda "sweet". Pleased I absolutely love water, it is incredibly healthy for both your body and mind, and I believe, your soul.

Tribal
#8 Posted : 5/2/2010 1:40:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I definitely experience the sweet taste of water that you speak of. It surprises me every time. I reach for a drink and then WOW, unexpected sweet water! I like it.

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 5/2/2010 6:16:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting others have experienced this, appreciate y'alls feedback. Wink

ocelot
#10 Posted : 10/7/2010 7:30:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Water tastes sweet during a Peyote ceremony...and for a few weeks afterwards Smile

Perhaps because peyote powder is very very bitter...

imPsimon
#11 Posted : 10/7/2010 9:29:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tasted sweet water after some harmaline

azrael
#12 Posted : 10/8/2010 7:14:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

yep, <3 water.

Dimitrius
#13 Posted : 10/8/2010 11:59:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Water's definitely great under the influence of Caapi. She helps me make healthier decisions at every corner, out of a constant awareness of what's right and wrong...acceptable and unacceptable.......for me personally. Not some general overview of reality. Just on a personal level, in the moment to moment.

If I eat something bad, I learn why it's bad, and in turn want to make better decisions.

I'll stop before I write an article. Lol. Caapi's great is all I'll say. She's a pure embodiment of the Mother Earth herself. A part, but a beautiful part. Guides me and tells me when I've been a bad boy. Makes me see a better way.

I constantly guzzle good water when she's in me and about me.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 10/8/2010 3:21:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow guys I'm impressed at all this feedback! What is interesting is people reporting this same phenomenon when using pharma or harmaline, so the theory that its sugars in ayahuasca or is countering the bitterness of the taste of ayahuasca might be flawed. Weird and interesting though. Wink