We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca and Airports? Options

BananaForeskin
#1 Posted : 8/4/2010 9:50:10 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Soon, SWIM will be going on a vacation/road trip to visit some very good friends of his. He will be flying to meet up with them and begin the adventure. He is flying inside of his home country, a remote Central Asian locale named Entheostan, where everything SWIM does is perfectly legal. Even though everything is perfectly legal, the airports still have drug-sniffing dogs, so they can catch brujeros and send them to a very long-term shaman camp. SWIM really wants to take some pedro tea and some ayahuasca with him on the road trip (featuring desert)... but will most likely have to put his jars of ayahuasca and chimora into his checked luggage to get them there.

Is this at all safe? Would the fuzz even know what the hell ayahuasca was? I'm guessing drug-sniffing dogs can't pick up mimosa tea, but I'm not sure. I'm probably just being neurotic-- any Nexian input?
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:00:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you know the address of your destination? Just FedEx it overnight so it will be waiting on you when you get there.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

gammagore
#3 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:00:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wouldnt risk it. Its just not worth the jail time.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:02:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive never ever heard or read of dogs being trained to smell ayahuasca or dmt or cactus/mesc. I think biggest risk in this case is x-ray, seeing some liquid, and somebody wanting to search your bags to see what it is and then sending you to shaman camp. But even if they find, there's still possibly a big chance they dont know what the hell it is.. It depends on so many factors.. For example if someone opens your bag for some reason and asks what it is, and you're trembling and have faulty voice, and answer *whatever*, they may decide to investigate further and can end in problems. If you act casually and say, for example "its a tea from my grandma" with confidence, they may just believe and forget about it... and then there is the question whether even if they find what it is, if entheostan is a place where they would really take you to shaman camp for it or if they would think its not worth doing anything about it. Who knows the possible mood of the person who is potentially finding it out, this also depends..

And there's the question whether they will even find it.. With the volume of bags and the speed they have to transport it all (specially a late check in, in the case of the departure airport.. in the arrival thats a bit different), I think chances are low, but you dont want to just trust my word for it and then risking have to go to shaman camp for too long. One has to measure all the risks about it, it depends on so many things. Remember with these things there's always the "X" factor which we can never predict....

Now seriously, Im not sure if this is even appropriate to discuss here, I will await for input from other mods/admin, because even though in entheostan is all legal Razz, other people may interpret it as something else, and we dont want this kind of negative attention here.

BananaForeskin
#5 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:07:14 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Yeah... these replies echo my feelings on the subject... I was just curious if anyone had experience, perhaps. One thing, though, with checked luggage, is that I have no idea what sort of processing it goes through. It doesn't get checked while you're there, I know that much. I don't know if it gets x-rayed.

I wasn't suggesting carrying it on, that would be a VERY bad idea. They really scour what you try to take on the plane.

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

gammagore
#6 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:11:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Now seriously, Im not sure if this is even appropriate to discuss here, I will await for input from other mods/admin, because even though in entheostan is all legal Razz, other people may interpret it as something else, and we dont want this kind of negative attention here.

BingSmile Exactly. Moving around with questionable concoctions is a bad idea, nobody should do it!! Its just not worth the hassle that it could attract.

BananaForeskin
#7 Posted : 8/4/2010 10:21:44 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Ha-ha, and I get paranoid when I'm just BREWING the aya in my quiet, secluded bathroom, not to mention when transporting it across Entheostani provincial boundaries...

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

jamie
#8 Posted : 8/4/2010 11:14:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

If it really is legal there..then I dont see the problem. This really is not any different at all from us ordering a caapi extract, caapi copy, torch chips etc. If its legal its legal..no exceptions..if the law chooses to discard your own rights as an individual to do legal things..then the problem lies with them..not with us, or you..we are not talking about anything technically illegal here so again I dont see the problem.

This is NOT analagous to transporting caapi or torch to france or australia for example..where these things are quite clearly illegal.

I would put the cacti in a bag labled as a herbal supplement or even some sort of garden soil admixture..both are verifieable uses of the cacti flesh..I also wouldnt carry already brewed ayahuasca..I would simply bring the raw herbs and lable them with they're verifiable uses..t shirt dyes, skin products etc..

If you are just up front,dont try to hide it and dont act all sketchy and suspicious then you would think they should respect the fact that you are so upfront and dont have anything to hide, since you dont. Legal is legal. Im not saying do that. Im just saying..if its legal its legal.
Long live the unwoke.

fourthripley
#9 Posted : 8/4/2010 11:18:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I suspect, if found, odd looking bottles of tea would more likely be seized on sanitary issues rather than any drug angle.
mistakes were made

BananaForeskin
#10 Posted : 8/5/2010 4:47:56 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

Alright... problem solved... putting it through in checked luggage would have been a last resort.
The aya was reduced in just enough time to get to the Entheostani post office, where it was put in a box and sent to the intended destination. I didn't think it would reduce in time, but it did.

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

rellik
#11 Posted : 10/6/2010 3:41:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

as long as the substances are legal in your point of departure and arrival you should be fine. aka id bring only cappi via plane if i was safe.
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

g13juggalo
#12 Posted : 10/6/2010 10:10:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Why not boil down the ayahuasca into a solid and just keep in a small bag?