We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
what dose visionary solo harmalas? & pharmahuasca guidance? Options

Ljosalfar
#1 Posted : 10/4/2010 11:54:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Two related questions...
1. At what doses are the visionary/fully active experiences achieved with syrian rue vs. caapi alone and how is the experience compared to SUB-breakthrough smoked freebase DMT (1 hit, no more than 30 mg)?

2. SWIM tells me she has ventured a few times with 2-3 g of Peganum harmala ground and prepared in a simple boiling water/lemon juice/maple syrup tea - she said she certainly got some body load (heavy/light/warm), light color/blur intensification and a slight head-ache... she took a bath and was up quite late reading and writing. Her understanding is that this is a good starting point for the MAOI half of the pharmahuasca dose, the other half being ~30-50 mg DMT and absolutely no more than 1 mg/lb body weight. She has no experience with caapi but understand the vine has a greater range of harmalas and a different feel. Any thoughts or helpful advice welcome.
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ragabr
#2 Posted : 10/5/2010 1:57:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never had a visionary experience with rue alone, but I think fractal enchantment might have. For SWIM, 50g of a normal caapi brew can give her a visionary experience, though some people report needing up to 100g. Depends on the body. Not really comparable to DMT, in her feelings.

That sounds like SWIY definitely had enough MAO inhibition going on for an oral DMT experience. Start low, like 30mg freebase and work up from there.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

ouro
#3 Posted : 10/5/2010 2:27:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a pretty strong rue only tea. I didn't have a scale at the time so I don't know how much was in it, but it was boiled for ~30 minutes and strained. It tasted a little nasty but was tolerable. I'd guess it was not more than 5 grams, probably closer to 3. There are so many normal foods that modulate the bodies MAO that its hard to attach much meaning to what rue dose is good... personal physiology and diet does seem to play a prominent role though. Common consensus is that if you feel the psychoactive effects of rue/caapi your MAO is inhibited. Anyways, I felt some uncomfortable nausea but the experience was positive. Playing music was a good way to center myself and negate the nausea. Laying in darkness facilitated visions and introspection, but there were none of the typical visuals associated with psychedelics, more of an unleashing of my imagination. I liked it, but I haven't done it again because it did feel subjectively a bit toxic. I inhaled a fair amount of rue smoke in the following several weeks and felt similar but weaker effects, but the thoughts of toxicity still lingered in my mind and I don't ingest the stuff with any regularity now. I hope my rue story is helpful in answering you question Smile

Ljosalfar
#4 Posted : 10/5/2010 10:11:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both - quite helpful. SWIM hasn't ventured to try pharmahuasca yet but she says she has a nice hill of yellow/orangey fumarate salts and some rue waiting for the right time.
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman