We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bufo Questions Options

heavenlypursuit
#1 Posted : 9/16/2010 12:07:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM has some beautiful looking bufo freebase sitting in front of him that he extracted. He has done his research on what to expect, but still has a few questions. Do you think he would need a sitter? He plans to really try and get the effects, no holding out on smoking technique. He is aware nausea may be present, but hopes not since he toasted 3 separate times, and the final product looks very clean. If there is, it seems a small price to pay for some of the journeys described by other members. Should a bucket be present anyways? Also, SWIM's impression is that one is able to still sort of "function" on bufo, as in talk to other people and move around, unlike DMT where sometimes he doesn't even know he has a body, let alone try and move. Is this correct, or should I go into the bufo with the same caution as DMT. Caution being, you better be ready for a ride when you're holding in that hit. The pins and needles, are they painful, or just a nuisance until you get used to them? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ms_manic_minxx
#2 Posted : 9/17/2010 4:59:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've never worked with Bufo, but buckets are always a must for me these days. There's nothing worse than unexpectedly having to vomit... and having nowhere to vomit but all over yourself. Wink

If you have the luxury of a sitter, I would say go for it...
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

soulfood
#3 Posted : 9/17/2010 5:16:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

With bufo I'd say don't bother with a sitty. It's just no where near freaky enough. Very disconnected from the vision I usually feel.

I've had some very intense feelings of nausea on bufo, but I've never actually vomitted. I just lay down for 5 minutes and try to relax, then the visions start to build.

The pins and needles aren't painful, but they are a bit more intense than you'd expect had you known the tingling that other substances can cause. The first time I felt them I was all "oh yeah!. That's pretty weird." Not too extreme at all.

The hardest thing with bufo is delivering an effective dose. The vapor is a whole new world in lung torture. I can't smoke it like I do with DMT. I have to load 100mg on some mullein and smoke it in a joint. It's exausting that way, but I've never found a way to deliver a pure freebase hit without coughing it all out.

It's definately an interesting one to work with though.

heavenlypursuit
#4 Posted : 9/17/2010 6:52:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advice. SWIM doesn't really like sitters, but when necessary he will have them there. Wow, I did not realize the smoke was so harsh. Is SWIY a regular smoker soulfood, as in cigs and cannabis? SWIM is, unfortunately he has a pretty bad cigarette habit, and smokes lots of cannabis, so he figured the smoke would be the least of his worries. We shall see if that's the case sometime this weekendLaughing
Will post SWIM's impression as soon as he is done with his initial bufo work, he is very excited.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 9/17/2010 6:59:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My throat has been conditioned with a good few years of cheap tobacco smoking. I've ripped some hot stuff in my time, but nothing will ever condition me strong enough for this. I'm guessing you need to vape the dose fully into a chamber you can store it for 30 seconds before inhaling as to let it cool.

heavenlypursuit
#6 Posted : 9/17/2010 7:25:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yikes, guess it's time to prepare for the smoke. Another question soulfood...

SWIM was planning on smoking it out of his bong set aside for spice. he was going to put a screen on bottom, little bit of mullein, the bufo on top of that, another screen, then cannabis as the top layer. SWIM plans to hold the lighter above the herbs the same way he does with spice, and try and vape that way. Would that be effective? Also, to start off, how many milligrams. SWIM has read posts where some have said as little as 5-10, and now he just noticed you said 100mg. SWIM is thinking about 50-60 mg as a starter, but will increase if that is what's called for.

azrael
#7 Posted : 9/17/2010 8:14:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hooray for bufo!

don't mind my interjection and please post results Very happy

Bill Cipher
#8 Posted : 9/17/2010 9:01:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No need for a sitter. It can be immersive, but not in the way that DMT is - not by a long, long, long shot. Other than the nausea factor (and a bucket's not a bad idea), it's not that big a commitment. The experience is very visual (and can move pretty fast and get hectic), but you should remain pretty lucid throughout. The vapor IS gnarly, but once you get past the first inhalation, it somehow becomes less disgusting.

30mgs is plenty (for me). Space out your hits over several minutes or you're guaranteed some powerful yakitude. The pins and needles effect only lasts a few minutes, and the whole experience clocks in around 30. Very nice with harmalas as well - somewhat slower and more DMT-like.

heavenlypursuit
#9 Posted : 9/17/2010 10:03:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

azrael wrote:
hooray for bufo! a sprinkle of dmt can provide a good launch pad for the visual part of the experience.

don't mind my interjection and please post results Very happy

Please, interject anytime. SWIM will take all the input he can get.Very happy And if he's not satisfied, he will sprinkle just a bit of spice to turbo charge it...

Art - Awesome advice, SWIM will go with 30 mg's then as a starter. Never accounted for the vapor to taste so bad, we shall see. SWIM has both Caapi and Rue harmalas he extracted, and will try that with the bufo as well. Must say again, this site is so amazing. Glad I joined because the information and input from other members here is absolutely invaluable. Thanks again.

SWIM will post his results by the end of the weekend if all goes as planned.

heavenlypursuit
#10 Posted : 10/5/2010 6:03:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, so SWIM has tried his Bufo without success on three occasions now. He was a bit disappointed, but the good thing is it gave him the motivation to try some spice again. Here's what happened with the bufo...

Attempt 1) 30 mg (toast, base, ipa extraction product) mixed in some peppermint and mullein, smoked out of mini-bubbler. As noted by a few other people, the taste was foul, but I had no trouble holding it down. After about two minutes, I got pressure in my head, and my left ear popped. Took another rip, held in and closed eyes. Nothing. No more head pressure, no nausea, and no tingling in the back of the head. Did feel slight euphoria, but pretty sure it was just placebo.

Attempt 2) Same method as above, with similar results.

Attempt 3) Tried 50 mg toasted and based seed powder out of a steamroller with a mini blow torch. Nausea was definitely felt, but not very strong. This vapor was horrendous. After about 2-3 minutes there was pressure in the head. Closed my eyes and started to get a faint trace of squiggly lined CEV's... then nothing. Complete and total baseline.

It should be noted that all three experiments were done three days in a row. Maybe SWIM built up some tolerance, maybe SWIM's material is inactive, or just maybe Bufo Space is simply not open to him yet. Any ideas?

For anyone successful with bufo, how many times did it take to notice the real effects?

SWIM thinks he may redose tonight with harmine. Sublingual harmine, then smoke again. Most likely, he will probably end up smoking spice since he has seemed to start conquering his pre-flight anxiety.

azrael
#11 Posted : 10/5/2010 7:46:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

There was some discussion about bufo extract's efficacy. You really have to work with it consciously and learn how to bring out what you can from the experience.

If bufo alone doesn't do it, bufo with some dmt as a launchpad is suggested somewhere on here.

Bill Cipher
#12 Posted : 10/5/2010 8:01:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If your extract is right, it won't require learning how to bring out what you can from it. With a relatively pure product, the scalp tightening thing sets in pretty much immediately, and if you continue and vaporize 30mgs within roughly 4-5 minutes, it is going to get immersive.

It's a funny medicine. As visual and genuinely visionary as as it is, you can pretty much turn it on and off at will, should you choose to. To me, it's all sizzle and no steak; there's nothing transformative about it. It's all 3rd person entertainment; fun and visually beautiful, but not at all transcendant.

azrael
#13 Posted : 10/5/2010 8:07:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles: What extraction method do you use? Is FASA pretty reliable?

Bill Cipher
#14 Posted : 10/5/2010 8:33:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In all honesty, I've never extracted it - just helped myself to the bufo fruits of Antrocles' kitchen shenannigans.

I believe he used 69Ron's tek. And having sampled a couple of different extractions, I can tell you there is a pretty big difference (experientially speaking) between batches of varying purity.

soulfood
#15 Posted : 10/5/2010 5:26:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always go as pure as I can when trying this stuff and I've had varying yields from 0-0.8%. Recently I've given up with it as there don't seem to be any great seeds around. I think many suppliers overstocked too soon and have a lot of old crap sitting around and it's my undrstanding that these things can go bad quite easily. This is the main reason I gave up on crude extracts also, as they gave me mostly just side effects and very little of a psychedelic experience, unless the seeds were suer potent that is. FASA seems to be the way forward with the actone:naphtha cleanup step.

heavenlypursuit
#16 Posted : 10/5/2010 5:55:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I plan to order again because these seeds did not seem too active. I also think I waited too long to try the stuff, maybe it went bad. The extractions for the bufo took place over a month and a half ago. The product was put in a glass vial, and put in the fridge. The stuff is not black or anything, but it has definitely gotten darker since the initial extraction took place. Hopefully I'll find a vendor that carries active seeds.