We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
How long should I hold down the brew? Options

olympus mon
#61 Posted : 10/5/2010 5:43:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

thanks digi, im pretty stoked too. ive dreamt of this trip my whole life. ill be traveling for 1 year total but id like to get over to Thailand and that area as well so ill split up the adventure.

you know ik glad you brought up the traditional thing because ive been thinking about that a lot lately. i even did some reading on the history of ayahuasca.
what i found was that its pretty un clear as to even how long these cultures have been using aya. the earliest reports are from the mid 19th century. although pottery and textiles depict the taking of hallucinogenic drinks as far back as 1500-2000 b.c. the only physical evidence of that time found on pipes, snuff boxes, bowls, ext. showed traces of other psychoactive plants like coca and tobacco. never caapi or other known dmt containing plants.

so besides the observations of some white guys in the late 17 and 18 hundreds we really dont know what they used or how long its been in use prior to their observations and documenting words. it seems that the popular notion that mimosa wasnt ever used by these cultures is an educated guess at best. it could just be that this knowledge was lost at some point in recent history so no known cultures are currently using mimosa and thats what everyone is basing their doubts on. this makes sense but doesnt make historical fact.

ive just always thought it wasnt logical that this awesome incredibly psychoactive plant that grows in the heart of south America just remained unknown to its indigenous people. come on! that just seems so far fetched. these people are Jedi masters of their environment! if they didnt use this plant it had to be for some other reason other than lack of knowledge about it. otherwise it seem much more likely to me that they probably did use mimosa as well as the other accepted traditional addy's.

so in my heart i feel i am taking just as traditional of a brew as anyone can say for sure. my intentions speak louder than known history anyways. i wont let things like not being in Peru or using an unknown historical plant get in the way of healing and connection. if mother aya would show herself on caapi and fig newtons id say traditional smishional gimme a cookie jack!

just some thoughts for u brudda... i gotta get more of a social life.Laughing
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

«PREV234