We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Are drugs detrimental to the astral body? Options

kaywhyellay
#1 Posted : 10/1/2010 8:21:49 AM

powdered bliss

If you believe in that stuff anyway, but I've been thinking lately, and reading a lot, especially the Thiaoouba prophecy which is very interesting and I'm quite surprised that there hasn't been any discussion about it yet

to sum it up: this guy gets abducted by extremely advanced (spiritually and technologically) hermaphroditic humanoid giant aliens, taken to their planet, the ninth planet (there is a hierarchy of nine levels of spiritually advanced civilizations, earth is on the first level, a planet of sorrows) and given a tour, while a whole lot of curious and unsolvable mysteries are explained. He is then taken back to earth after 10 days with the intention of spreading a message of spirituality etc

And in it there's this one part where they say: drugs are really really really really bad, especially hallucinogens, they destroy your astral body, the damage of which will take many lifetimes for you to rectify.

Have you encountered any information like this? If so how do you feel about it?
A lot of everything else, the entire book really, was on the ball.

I have to say that the book really resonated within me. Very beautiful and inspiring stuff, I recommend you read it.

http://www.bioresonant.c...dbe2a6c032881130f1dec9d0

He is offering it to people for free, all you need to provide is a working email address.

I guess my beef is, I don't want to lose many lifetimes' worth of experience, but I feel like I've gained a lot, I do not doubt that everything I've ever taught myself with the help of drugs has helped me cope with reality. To what expense though?

Am I trying to get something across to myself?
I am just afraid of my own ignorance really, afraid that I might have done some irreparable damage

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 10/1/2010 1:10:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok let me get this straight.... There is a random guy on the internet saying he was abducted by aliens from the 9th dimension and that he came back with The Truth, and that if you *insert whatever arbitrary rule here*, your astral body will be damaged, unless of course you participate in one of his 300$ retreats and use his copyrighted 'bioresonant' technology and then your aura/astralbody/whatever will be healed, yes?

Weeeeeeeeell, I'd like to see some evidence of that.. Are you really going to just trust any theory on the internet? If Tom Chalko is such a good scientist, how comes I cant find a single peer-reviewed publication from him (maybe someone else can?) ?

No offense but sounds like yet another loose-minded 2012/aliens/chakra/guru/pineal gland dmt/astral/reptilians/whatever new age conspiracy 'theories' lacking any decent evidence, and so it doesnt have place in this forum. Maybe other things in his words resonated with your thoughts but is that enough evidence that the other things he says should be listened to? Even Charles Manson probably could say some things we could relate to.... So are you standards for something trustable only the fact that you identify with some of what is being said by someone? Isnt that a very slippery ground to step on?

There's many questions that come to my mind, such as: Who says there is an astral body in the first place? Even if there is, who says this guy knows anything about it? What makes you think he isnt just a deluded person? Do you think indigenous people who respectfully use entheogenic plants are having their 'astral body' ruined and this guy really knows more about 'the other side' than they do? etc

To be honest, I think if you are worried for your 'astral body', whatever that is, then you shouldnt be taking psychedelics, because even if the astral body doesnt exist, you are in a certain psychological setting that is bound to backfire (negative expectations, self-suggestion, etc).

Persistent Aura
#3 Posted : 10/1/2010 2:05:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I totally agree with endlessness on this.
The first thing I saw when going to that site was the word TRADEMARK

Newfound_wonder
#4 Posted : 10/1/2010 2:57:49 PM

Harvie Krumpet

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=10945

The above post is one doctor's argument for why he feels that the opinion that psychedelics are detrimental to the body isn't true.

The reason why I feel it isn't true is because anything is detrimental to the body when misused; water can kill you if you're stupid with it, or it can be used to grow and flourish into a healthy organism.
Every tool is dangerous when misused. That is no reason not to use tools.
Isn't it strange that a gift can be an enemy?

gibran2
#5 Posted : 10/1/2010 3:56:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

kaywhyellay wrote:
...And in it there's this one part where they say: drugs are really really really really bad, especially hallucinogens, they destroy your astral body, the damage of which will take many lifetimes for you to rectify.

I’m assuming that astral bodies (whatever they are) “live” forever, so what difference does it make if it takes “many lifetimes for you to rectify” or not? When you’re going to live an infinite number of lifetimes, what’s the big deal about a few hundred lifetimes of rectification?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Shayku
#6 Posted : 10/1/2010 4:07:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That was my thought too, Gibran2. Not only that, but if you're going to have to "live more lives" to rectify the damage, isn't that a good thing for those of us who enjoy life? Yay, more of it!
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

hyperspacing
#7 Posted : 10/1/2010 4:10:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Obviously its all true. Here drink some of this kool-aid. . . Very happy
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

WSaged
#8 Posted : 10/1/2010 5:53:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shayku wrote:
That was my thought too, Gibran2. Not only that, but if you're going to have to "live more lives" to rectify the damage, isn't that a good thing for those of us who enjoy life? Yay, more of it!

Not if in your next life you wind up in a third world country with a distended belly & flys swirling around your face, waiting for either a bite of food or to die....

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaywhyellay
#9 Posted : 10/1/2010 6:03:49 PM

powdered bliss

Not saying that I believe everything that's being put out by Michel and his partner in crime, mr. Chalko

If anything this was a way to introduce this book, whose core message is nicely delivered via alien abduction

I like the way antrocles said it on another thread, so I hope he doesn't mind when I say that
I am trying to pick out the gold from the dirt, there is always a grain of truth glaring at you from beneath a pile of bullshit

I agree that for people who are interested in living more life, then whether or not you do drugs isn't an issue, if you believe that in life you are constantly reliving the ecstasy of rebirth from the source of all, or whatever you please

However my issues lie with

am I doing the best I can for myself in this lifetime?

WSaged
#10 Posted : 10/1/2010 6:18:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kaywhyellay wrote:

However my issues lie with

am I doing the best I can for myself in this lifetime?

I can't think of anything better or more important to strive for!!

Cheers!
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

unansweredquestions
#11 Posted : 10/2/2010 1:59:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...and the page next to the free book is an online shop for overly prices shirts and t-shirts? with some weak research suggesting the clothes are bio-resenant shirts.

SCAM.

ragabr
#12 Posted : 10/2/2010 6:04:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To get back to the OP for a moment, Zig Zag Zen had an essay that touched on this issue as well. Many traditions hold that the astral body can be damaged, as discussed in the Wikipedia article.

My understanding was that the astral body remains mortal but that the practitioner can construct the "body of light," or "diamond body" which survives death.

After a lot of intense mushroom work in a short period of time, with very little attention paid to integration, I began having mood swings, feeling very lethargic and very open to picking up the moods of people around me. When I started doing energetic work again, I did have areas in my body that felt like dead zones, and took a good period of work to reintegrate.

I don't believe that this is unique to psychedelic use, but the impact of poor psychic hygiene may be greater when using psychedelics. Kind of like set and setting - they're always impacting you, but in a sensitized state their impact becomes extremely obvious.

I also believe that any damage done to the astral body would not extend beyond this lifetime, and can be healed.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

proto-pax
#13 Posted : 10/2/2010 8:02:36 PM

bird-brain

To be fair though, those shirts are ALMOST stylish.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Rising Spirit
#14 Posted : 10/3/2010 12:56:40 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

kaywhyellay wrote:
And in it there's this one part where they say: drugs are really really really really bad, especially hallucinogens, they destroy your astral body, the damage of which will take many lifetimes for you to rectify.

Have you encountered any information like this? If so how do you feel about it?
A lot of everything else, the entire book really, was on the ball.

Greetings kaywhyyellay

Kaywhyyellay? Obviously, a word-play on that artificial sexual jelly stuff? What's the yellow for? You're probably too young to remember Mellow Yellow acid? BTW, Donovan's song is still considered an inside joke to most of us old hipster wannabes. I digress?

Anyway... this kind of warning sign is nothing new. And I hate to be the one to spoil the party and say that there is a (partial) truth to it. But there IS something to this idea. How so? Well, when I was a younger man, 30-32 years ago, I was very drawn to ingesting LSD-25 as many times as I could squeeze it into my college schedule. I have guesstimated that I tripped around 300 times in a 2 year period? And I'm talkin' about lots of it, in a sitting.

Now, this drew me even deeper into my spiritual practice and my desire to know God/Truth/Spirit. Not the "God" of anthropomorphic deification, rather, the living Self of all of us (behind/within the mirage of duality). Anyhow, for the next few years, psychics kept telling me that I had damaged my aura (astral body). How so? From forcing the evolution of my soul, intentionally. Basically, I was tripping too much and putting a lot of pressure on the subtle channels that transmute the kundalini (raw psychic energy) into fuel needed for my awakening. The bottom line truth is this, I was not ready to actualize the experiences I had been going through. Who ever is? Still, I began to prefer to be tripping, than to being straight. so much so, that I believed my physical life was a prison and a burden to me, instead of a gift. Another illusion of myself? So, I learned to love living without Medicines. The juice had become a crutch for me and I wanted to be free of all artificial influences in my world. This began with preference for organics. You know, no more chemical extractions... just mushrooms, cacti and herb. At the time, it was a judgement I made. Now I feel that it maters little, it is the INTENT behind the trip, which defines the experience, not the form of the Medicine. Even so, the Vine is pulling on me and I am eager to embrace the traditional methods of eclipsing myself with Ayahuasca and so, merging with the natural powers of DMT containing plants.

That being said, athletes often go through similar states of being, given that they push themselves to attain greater and greater levels of attainment. This can lead to damage and be counter-productive. Essentially, "going to the well" too frequently does cause a certain kind of damage. Is is permanent? Hell no!!! Will it travel with us to the next incarnation? A resounding, double Hell no!!! You see, without any preview of other realities... how is a good seeker to find any new, undiscovered planes of consciousness?

Ultimately, I feel this kind of talk is all about warning folks not to over indulge. Why so? Because without integration, no realisation has value. It's really more a matter of respect. Respect for the Sacred process and the Sacred Medicine. Contrary to the message in the book you read, psychedelics help us to develop our capacity to access higher levels of awareness. I wouldn't take the opinion put forth in the book, as an absolute fact. Use your own intuition. All existence is destined to evolve and grow into something which is beyond it's present state of being. I am of the opinion, that these alarms are given to protect people who are not shamanically inclined, from taking Sacred Medicines. Say what you will... but I've had friends cross into mental imbalance from taking too many psychedelics. Some people just aren't meant to move so quickly or frequently, to the other side of the looking glass. So, pace yourself and KNOW just why you approach the power of the Sacred Medicine. For kicks? That's OK but the Universe didn't create these Allies for fun and games. BTW, I do not advocate abstinence or over indulgence. Know yourself and do what is right for yourself. OK?

I temporarily stopped imbibing with acid, mushrooms and mescaline for almost 19 years. This was not a decision born of a state of imbalance or any "damage" to my aura. It was just my time for a change in focus, or rather, a change in the process of my focus. After 15 years of exploration and integration... it had become time for a sabbatical. Yes, the very plants that had drawn me into the quest for higher understanding, abruptly released me from the way of the Wounded Healer and the process of voyaging into subtler and far subtler frequencies of consciousness (with the promise of an eventual reunion). Not because of any damage to my astral body or anything ridiculous like that. We have physical bodies for a reason and it was my own personal lesson, at that juncture in the illusion of time, to touch the earth and embrace different challenges. For me it felt right and I was patient with the knowledge that I would return to the realm of the psychonaut, when the appropriate moment had arisen. Until I heard THE CALLING. Why? Because I honestly needed to ground myself, for a stretch (after many, many voyages with several of the Sacred plants and their extractions). Not my choice, I must admit. I was literally commanded to take a break, by the personification of the loving Mushroom Goddess (but that's another story... ). It was necessary for me, then and i don't suggest it would be for anyone else. Why? Because I had work to do in places I refused to go. Hey, I served my time in earthly REALITY and it's time to journey further, into the beyond, with a fresh perspective. I really didn't choose to smoke DMT, it chose me. And thank God for that!!! There is new work to be done and new journeys to take. Now I am back in the saddle and loving it! It's really a matter of balance and wisdom. Like the old saying goes, "Too much of a good thin is a bad thing."

Quote:
My beef is, I don't want to lose many lifetimes' worth of experience, but I feel like I've gained a lot, I do not doubt that everything I've ever taught myself with the help of drugs has helped me cope with reality. To what expense though?

Am I trying to get something across to myself?
I am just afraid of my own ignorance really, afraid that I might have done some irreparable damage

Do you feel damaged in any way? Do you end an experience feeling broken or healed? Personally, I feel reborn and healed. I suspect you are being given the fine tuning you need, as plants are compassionate beings. I would only warn others about MDMA (ecstasy). X can definitely damage you if you do too much of it. As will alcohol or anything else. Permanently? Nope. That's science fiction. I don't have t tell you that you need to decide for yourself. Life is free choice (or so it would seem sometimes). Just be clear-minded and respectful. You will be fine. Don't trip if you are not intending on approaching ego-death or self-obliteration, though. Having subjectivity yanked-out from under you, too many times, does a number on your natural rhythms. Essentially, one has to die, to be reborn again. True enough? Now, will I embrace the Sacred Medicine again? Oh yes!!! But... not with out a purpose or a clear understanding of what the journey is really about: enlightenment. Whatever you decide, do not fear the possibility of damaging your astral body/ aura. Also, make sure YOU decide for yourself. Fear is the gravity that keeps us attached to the mundane (ignorance and delusion). Take care of your body, mind and spirit! Medicine is a blessing for our advancement, so not to worry. Let the power of the spirit lift you into the Sacred home, your own self. Our own selves as ONE. The only "damage" I have experienced, was the damage of sacrilege. Meaning? Tripping on a whim and being in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Keep it Sacred... and all will be well in your kingdom. Adding meditation and other spiritual practices will help you to build up your capacity to traverse the cosmos. To quote Saint Jimi Hendrix, "Keep on thinking free."

Hey, it's your call, man. Follow your soul's calling. Your own inner voice will guide you. IMHO, psychedelics are gifted to those who are ready to awaken to a higher frequency of consciousness, as the Creator (in Divine compassion) created these Medicines for our spiritual benefit. For healing and awakening. Just don't take it for granted and act with frivolity. Be cool and everything will flow beautifully. Like Alan Watts used to say, "psychedelics are medicines, not our daily diet". Again, keep it Sacred. And remember, don't believe everything you read. I suspect that many of these authors have agendas of their own and wish to keep the attention upon themselves. Most of them are not very experiences travelers and cannot speak with authority, about that which they do not know. Right? Eckhart Tolle is one of those chaps. He didn't transcend into the Light, when he dropped acid, so he states it is NOT the way. He uses the word "stimulates", so he never had a breakthrough experience. Now, I find this an intense irony, that a "spiritual" person would not merge with the infinite, while tripping on acid! Maybe it wasn't really LSD? Who really knows... and I digress, once more. I'm just speaking from my own experiences and I would only caution you to be AWARE of your intentions, before merging with the juice (whichever Sacred path you walk and whichever Medicine you imbibe). Alright then, walk in the Light, speak the truth and be ever ready to love your sentient fellows. Be well my friend. Fear not the damage of your astral body, fear the limitations and gravity of your own mind. Wink

Peace, Love & Light... Rising Spirit

There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

kaywhyellay
#15 Posted : 10/5/2010 12:06:16 AM

powdered bliss

!!!! Rising Spirit you are awesome, that is EXACTLY what I wanted

I definitely am much younger than you, have had a tough time integrating and wasn't really prepared with the consequences for and unforeseen
My eyes were a little too big for my stomach, all and more of my questions were answered.

Reborn was not a word I'dve used until I met my friend who described to me a 7 tab acid craze, out of which arose a completely new destiny, a new game I suppose, his desire for more drove him to feel like he should hit home again with 3 tabs.
And I was guiding his head, man that was also crazy, it made me doubt the meanings and directions of my own mind. He took acid a week later alone and was completely fine.(My previous thread, last time on acid...)
On my last trip I did die and was shown a vision whose skeleton, imbibed by my mind, tore it up from the inside out looking for its burial place.
But I was in the middle of so many other things, it wasn't supposed to happen so fast! A lot of my old directions passed and I changed in ways that I could not grasp.
I've now found something inside me that demands constant vigil, I've come to perceive that drugs are more disruptive than beneficial
to the teachings I receive, it breaks the flow of my signal
ho ho!

I'll probably return, but not until I've learned enough to sustain my ego

Ps the only play is on my own name