We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The nexian one-ness expands. Options

F40PH
#1 Posted : 10/2/2010 11:39:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello there, fellow DMT enthusiasts,

My real name will remain undisclosed, as required, but you all can refer to me as F40PH. After a lot of lurking/reading through this wonderful forum without actually contributing I have decided to introduce myself to the community in order to be able to pick in on the topics being discussed here, as I am genuinly interested in DMT and other entheogens. I am now 19 years old and I've become interested in entheogenic plants after a friend of mine introduced me to kratom (mitragyna speciosa), which I use almost daily now.

Ever since I started reading about ayahuasca and DMT, it didn't let me go. I'm so attracted towards the idea of exploring the hyperspace you all have explored that it seems like a natural thing for me to do. From what I've read on countless sources (and I've read a LOT, but nowhere near everything there is to read), the experience is so divine, unearthly, mind-blowing that DMT shouldn't be refered to as a drug, but rather as a very sacred sacrament for everyone, not just people that are faithful in a God, not just for people that are only interested in the shamanic use/healing of the spirit molecule, but really for everyone that thinks DMT could be an interesting and valuable addition to their lives, such as myself. I'm not a religious person at all though I understand where the concept of higher beings come from. And I've carefully examined this path, then opted for walking it.

My first DMT journey, and even my first extraction are yet to come. The last few weeks I've been reading up on the processes of isolating DMT from Mimosa hostilis inner root bark and I've already started gathering the required equipment. I've ordered 400g of powdered bark from a website most of you are familiar with, jimjamshop which has a very good reputation, so I'm expecting a successful extraction on this bark. today I will go out and buy the last thing needed for performing the lazyman's STB tek, which is the solvent and after having discussed it with The Traveler, I've picked a solvent that is called 'wasbenzine' in dutch, because it evaporates quick and clean. So maybe I'll start performing the extraction today, and if I find myself too busy this weekend or maybe too uneducated yet, I'll just postpone it. Time is just an incidental factor, I will experience the hyperspace eventually and I've learned to be patient with the spice, I know my time will come Very happy

The plants that I make use of now are:

-cannabis, I'm just a 1 hour bussride away from the border of the Netherlands, so I can go out and buy weed in coffeeshops in Maastricht, I prefer buying it legally there, and importing it into my own country to going through shady dealers etc.
I only smoke weed on occasions, I'm really just a social smoker and wouldn't concider myself a junky or addicted to it.

-Then there's Kratom (or mitragyna speciosa), which is the one ethnobotanical that I use really frequently, I ingest a small dose each weekday on the mornings, it's not expensive at all, it makes me feel good, I just really really really appreciate the high and the plant, I'm even friends with 'mitragyna speciosa' on facebook Very happy
Also, I'm still in highschool because I've been held back twice, so I'm really tired of school and how I am not treated like adults, or adolescants should be treated like in highschool, but kratom helps me go through everyday with a smile on my face, and infact this plant has had a good impact on my prestations in school.

-The last entheogen I've used so far is LSA, I have had an LSA experience twice but now I understand why people refer to plants as plant teachers, LSA has taught me the potential of psychedelics, because really, I had no mindblowing OEV's or CEV's at all, only mild ones, but both me and my best friend with whom I shared the experiences could agree that we saw a LOT of potential for visuals, and a higher level of consciousness. During and after these LSA experiences, my view on nature changed dramatically. Before this I just wanted to get high, but the beauty of nature that I whitnessed during the LSA trip, and even after has altered my views on all ethnobotanicals. Right now I can appreciate nature much more and I now see the wonderful aesthetics of it, which I didn't see before.

Long story short, I got really into entheogens/ethnobotanicals during the past 10 months or something.

I've concidered trying stronger psychedelics than LSA such as mescaline, muscimol or psylocybin, before blasting off to hyperspace with DMT. But then I figured nothing on this earth could ever prepare me enough for the spice and I felt so attracted to it, that this is the right path for me to follow. Of course, I will keep the rest of you updated with my spice extraction, and the journey itsself.

So I'm going to extract spice out of 50g of my MHRB using the lazyman's tek. I've chosen for this tek because I want to start out easy and work my way up from there to more advanced teks. If anyone has any comments or important (security) information for this STB tek, it would be very much appreciatedWink .

regards

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Enoon
#2 Posted : 10/2/2010 12:10:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi F40PH,

nice to meet you, and welcome to the forum. One note I would like to make is beware of what glass you are using with the tek. Lye can weaken your glass and you will end up with your jurema-lye mixture all over your floor. Trust me, this is not fun. I would use HDPE or PP containers of you can, or Pyrex / Duran glass, though I really prefer the synthetic containers since they won't break if you drop them.

Always wear goggles when handling lye, and always wear gloves - but I'm sure you knew that. If you're real paranoid about getting it on your skin, keep some vinegar near to neutralize the lye.

Use a container that's not too big or wide, else you'll have trouble taking off the solvent. For 50g I suppose a .5 l jar should work. Have enough glass jars ready for freeze percip or evaporation and make sure they're wide enough to work with. Using the right tools makes a big difference, but what the right ones are for you, you will only find out by doing it Smile
If you get red/brown solvent... DON'T PANIC. There's a few threads about that here about that.
If you get nothing... don't throw anything away. There's ways to fix almost any screw-up, except if it lands on the floor...

Hope you have a great experience with it!

much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

eyorca
#3 Posted : 10/2/2010 12:48:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that's great F40PH! im glad your having fun with weed! check this place out ~~ http://www.elfintome.com/ ~~ it's a "art collective" i guess you'd call it! lots of links to cool and different web pages! : )
~~~~
when working with chemicals try not to get them on your skin or in your eyes..
they can cause irritation..
other than that have fun!!!: D : )

ragabr
#4 Posted : 10/2/2010 5:50:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus, F40PH!

Sounds like you've a good head on your shoulders. Be cool, be well.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Agave
#5 Posted : 10/2/2010 9:24:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to Nexus F40PH
I'm sorry to hear that you've been held back in school. You sound like an intelligent young fellow and I don't have any idea what your circumstances are but you have to look at this school thing as just another task to be taken care of. Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. It's not so much about what you do as it is about how you you go about doing it. Living with integrity and commitment is the place to begin and soon all those grownups will be treating you like an adult. I hate to sound like I'm lecturing you but you seem like a nice guy and deserve the kind of personel power you're capable of commanding. Don't waste it!
Peace and growth young friend.
As Within, So Without.

eyorca
#6 Posted : 10/3/2010 3:16:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i missed the part about school..
here's a Wayne's World 2 quote to live by..

~~~~~~~~
"Right, its like coming home on Friday night and doing your homework right away so that your Saturday night is free to just party."
~~~~
..don't stress about school man,
i know it's gotta suck socially but just like eistien said..

"work cannot be created or destroyed, there's always more to be done.."
..or something like that i was sleepy : D

Virola78
#7 Posted : 10/3/2010 11:19:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are new to psychedelics, have a good friend and live near the Netherlands...

Then may i suggest go to Sirius smartshop (they have one in Maastricht) and buy two doses of White Diamond truffles...
Brew a lemon tea with these mushrooms (see other threads in mushroom section) and share (split) with your friend. Then take some water, bread and cannabis, and go for a walk somewhere peaceful..

I can see you are going for the DMT, but i can assure you the truffles are also a great and easy introduction to psychedelics.

Welcome

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

F40PH
#8 Posted : 10/3/2010 12:27:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you all for reading my 'essay' of introduction and taking your time to reply.
You shouldn't worry too much about my school, because I'm currently doing much better than previous years (main reason being kratom), so this will be allright eventually. I just don't feel like I'm getting any of the respect adolescants should get from their teachers. Oh well, not much I can do about that so I'll have to just persist for a little while longer.

As for an experience with psychedelics, I might try out the sacred mushrooms 'amanita muscaria' soon enough. While going to the store to get some "wasbenzine" (which they didn't have, unfortunately), I came across 5 mushrooms of what I think is a variation of the Amanita Muscaria. Only the largest cap didn't start rotting overnight so this is the only one that I kept.

This cap weighs about 70 gram, is dark orange/bright red and doesn't have any white spots (I heard they could wash off or something, not too sure though). The stems of these mushrooms looked exactly like the ones I had seen on pictures of amanita muscaria, some had a 'ring' halfway around the stem, some didn't.

Before I'm gonna try converting the ibotenic acid to muscimol, I first wanna learn a little more about the A. muscaria, and make sure to identify it correctly (I value my life Razz). I might need some help with it, and if I do, I'll make sure to post a thread about it in this forum.

I've attached some pictures of the mushrooms I found, they are webcam screenshots so don't expect them to be of even moderate quality.

The big cap I'm holding up in the top right and bottom left pictures is the 70g one I was talking about, I threw the rest of the mushrooms away (the stem of the big cap too) and the big cap is now wrapped in newspapers.

If anyone is certain that the mushrooms I picked are NOT suitable for consumption, even after drying/heating them, please let me know Very happy
I doubt anyone could correctly identify the fungi from those tiny pictures, but they might help.

Tips about storing, drying and what part of the cap to consume, also the best way to ingest the muscimol (smoking/eating/whole cap/only top layer/etc) would be appreciated.

regards,
F40PH

eyorca
#9 Posted : 10/3/2010 4:55:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dude fuck no! you know your area but there are different varieties of muscaria.. man, im sorry but no.. no, don't fuck with that shit dude.. can cause death.

eyorca
#10 Posted : 10/3/2010 4:56:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dude, those honestly look like death mushrooms man.. even experienced mycologists eat the wrong kind sometimes.. did you take a spore print? those honestly look deadly man. i am actually pretty concerned here man,, some mushrooms can cause kidney and liver failure.. permanent damage to organs.. death over the course of a few days.. one night,, a month.. nothing to fuck with! you can.. easily, buy a spore syringe.. sterilize a jar of brown rice.. inject let sit and eat the mycellium.. totally safe! okay, really..

F40PH
#11 Posted : 10/3/2010 6:15:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you mean by 'death mushrooms'?

edit: Are you talking about these amanitas?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_phalloides

mumbles
#12 Posted : 10/3/2010 6:38:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Be very careful. Aren't you worried your supposed amanitas have zero white warts? ....

F40PH
#13 Posted : 10/3/2010 6:48:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm extremely careful when it comes to mushrooms, especially those I picked myself as I'm not an experienced mushroom hunter at all.

However, I have done some reading on A. Muscaria a while ago and I've learned that A. Muscaria shouldn't be too hard to identify, and that the white warts can be washed off by rain, it has been raining quite a lot lately, and some of the other caps (that I discarded of due to rotting), still had a some white warts.

Orange/red(ish) caps w/o white warts could be Amanita caesarea too, but those look very different from what I have here. (A. Caesarea aren't poisenous)

Don't worry, I won't ingest anything unless I'm 100% sure that I identifyed it correctly.

EDIT: My mother has seen some bright red Fly Agaric mushrooms WITH white warts on them, but she can't recall the exact place, however it was close to my discoveries, I will search for them maybe tomorrow.

EDIT 2: Okay it seems that my last cap isn't too healthy now too, small snail-like insects are apparently living on it. O well I guess I'll throw this one away too. Too much doubts anyway. I hope to have some luck finding the obvious A. Muscarias my mother saw a few days ago.

eyorca
#14 Posted : 10/4/2010 3:47:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well, im sorry for the overly simple syntax.. i think that most any mushroom that isn't %100 what you think it is should be considered a death mushroom! i guess, that's what i was saying about your location.. are there any possible look alikes in your area??

eyorca
#15 Posted : 10/4/2010 3:48:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

where i live, most mushrooms are dangerous! : )

F40PH
#16 Posted : 10/4/2010 5:10:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I threw away all of my supposed amanitas, and today I've finally gathered the last pieces of equipment for my very first spice extraction. I bought protective goggles, a pair of gloves and a 1L can of 'wasbenzine', the solvent I'm going to use for the pulls. The Traveler suggested using wasbenzine as I can't find real Naphta here in belgium. The evaporation test had some good results too, I poured some of my solvent on a small mirror, it has fully evaporated now and left no residue behind. I will possibly start doing the actual extraction today.

eyorca
#17 Posted : 10/4/2010 7:30:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

F40PH wrote:
So I threw away all of my supposed amanitas, and today I've finally gathered the last pieces of equipment for my very first spice extraction. I bought protective goggles, a pair of gloves and a 1L can of 'wasbenzine', the solvent I'm going to use for the pulls. The Traveler suggested using wasbenzine as I can't find real Naphta here in belgium. The evaporation test had some good results too, I poured some of my solvent on a small mirror, it has fully evaporated now and left no residue behind. I will possibly start doing the actual extraction today.

should be a fun experiment! proper ventilation is important too.. Smile be careful!!