We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Magnetic stirrer Options

dmt005
#1 Posted : 9/22/2010 2:58:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so I have poked around for some info on magnetic stirrers and I am just wondering (from any one who has some good exp) what is a good brand to go with ( that doesn't cost 600$). Pref something that can lets say make a vortex in mud.

I have also gotten mixed info regarding weather a heat plate/mag stirrer is best. I have herd from a few people that it would be best to go with just the mag stirrer and get a separate hot plate? I have not gotten any straight answers as of yet and just wanted to ask any one if they could shine some light on this

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

vampir
#2 Posted : 9/22/2010 4:32:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Depends what kind of a tek you're doing?? If you're doing A/B, you end up with a very solid muddy mixture, and I doubt a regular magnetic stirrer would even put a dent in it.
SWIM's solution = cheap walmart hand mixer hahaha! Razz Not quite the same, but still a hell of a lot better than chopsticks...

Elf Machine
#3 Posted : 9/22/2010 6:10:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If dmt extraction is your only hobby, you don't need a hotplate or stirrer as there are plenty of procedures that work great without them.
Swims hotplate/stirrer never gets used for dmt extraction.

CosmicFool
#4 Posted : 9/22/2010 7:10:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to make stirrers from used computer fans and hard disc magnets. heres how: get a couple of those magnets, or just about any other magnets will do, just as long as they are flat and STRONG, glue them on the center of the fan. add some sort of riser blocks around the fan so that your jar that you'll place on it wont touch the magnets. connect the fan to a simple 5-12VDC voltage converter, place the jar on the fan, drop a piece of metal inside the jar, switch on the fan and let the swirly fun begin Smile

did i say fan enough times? Very happy
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

CosmicFool is a fictional character, a creation of imagination, and everything written above should not be taken seriously, or perhaps read at all.

dg
#5 Posted : 9/26/2010 12:40:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

rarely use mine as a stirrer, mostly as a sparkless hotplate

mumbles
#6 Posted : 10/3/2010 6:46:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unless you are into moderately serious chemistry the expensive plate/stirrer will be a waste of money. You can ghetto up similar devices on the cheap and that all you will really need. Improvise! MacGuiver! That's the order of the day.