We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello Options

Toloache
#1 Posted : 10/1/2010 11:26:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

First of all hello Smile proud to be a new member of the Nexus!

Let me introduce myself a little. Im a young fellow from europe, interested a lot by entheogenic plants and psychedelic substances.
This is not the first forum about psychedelics i register to, you can find me under the nick Arokas at drugsforum, and i'm called Inoxia at the Shroomery and at Ayahuasca.com so.. if you happen to find any post under one of those nicks, well it's me Smile

Im fascinated by shamanism of any kind (and by ancient cultures in general), i've read lot of Castaneda's books, the main works of Harner and im currently reading The Cosmic Serpent by Jeremy Narby (and the Fourth Way by Ouspensky but that's another story Smile ).
I also love reading in general, my favourite type of literature, other than counterculture books and nonfiction essays, is fantasy and one of my favourite writers is Stephen King.

Another thing that appeal me much is Lucid Dreaming, althoug im not very proficient at it (maybe if i weren't this lazy with the dream journal i would have more luck lol).

I love mind fuck and surreal films and animation on the line of Tarantino, Donnie Darko, Vanilla Sky, Serial Experiment Lain, Ergo Proxy etc

What else... I hope to give some good contribution to this forum and to enjoy the stay... Laughing

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

eyorca
#2 Posted : 10/1/2010 11:39:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Toloache! I recommend the books.. The Plants Of The Gods.. and Tihkal.. plants of the gods is a reference/journal type book with plants and stories about cultures that use them.. and tihkal has chem stuff but also some great stories in it!: )

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/1/2010 11:40:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello bro Smile

Good to have you on board! Im sure you'll exchange a lot of nice recommendations of films and books and so on. Regarding ouspensky fourth way, its definitely a very interesting book but if its possible (and if you can stand it), I would suggest pausing that and getting gurdjieff's beelzebub's tales to his grandson, and reading that first. I understand why you say that its 'another story' but then again, I personally think there's plenty to relate to the psychedelic insights. Also Im not sure if you know, but Nick Sand, who's one of the main historical LSD chemists and the first person who discovered freebase dmt can be smoked, was very much into gurdjieff too Smile

In any case, now back to you.. Im curious, so did you try dmt yet, did you extract it or plan to?

Toloache
#4 Posted : 10/2/2010 12:22:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys for the warm welcome Smile

Thanks eyorka i will look if i can find plant of the goods! Unfortunately i dont know if there is Tihkal in my language.. I live in a very close minded country (sigh) ... Well in the worst case i will buy it in english.

Hello endlessness Smile yes i have extracted dmt with nature boy stb tech. Tryed to smoke it twice with a very rudimental device i made (a bottle cutted at the base with some alluminium foil wrapped around, inhaling from the neck), and obtained only a threshold experience and my lungs hurting badly ( i have not further washed the product with ammonia, just smoked straight from the extraction) lol That's why now im interested in Aya, i dont have the iron lungs that mckenna speaks about Pleased
However i have a good amount of shrooms and lsd trips under my belt, so im not new to tryptamines. I was interested in DMT because i love the idea of visiting a whole other different world, maybe in the future i will try to exctract some more, but now i have 50 g of mimosa and some white caapi that will arrive soon, not to mention some rue and shrooms left, so i plan to experiment with Aya, Aya+ shrooms and rue+shrooms to see if i can find the place im searching.

Thanks for the suggestion... in fact i have just started reading Ouspensky because it seemed to me a good summarization of Gurdjieff books, but i will definitely take note to look into beelzebub tales if you say it's better to read that first. I have started with Ouspensky only because i tought it could gave me and overall view on Gurdjieff teachings before reading all his works.
In fact the book that made me curious about the whole Gurdjieff thing is an unpublished and underground essay that a man i've know ten years ago gave me to read. The books unify Castaneda's and Gurdjieff's teachings with Jungian psychology, and outline a "warrior" path to perfectionate one self, with the idea of using the Tumbadora to obtain ultimate freedom from the cosmic prision ... It's a very interesing read, i would post it here but it's in italian, and my english is too lame to attempt a translation... Maybe if someone can translate it, im happy to put it online!

eyorca
#5 Posted : 10/2/2010 12:41:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im sorry you live in a close minded country! i wouldn't recommend buying it then.. too much serious chem stuff! the love story part is the good stuff! anne and alexander shulgin go around the world on adventures and write about their relationship! : )

ragabr
#6 Posted : 10/2/2010 5:46:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus! I would second endlessness' suggestion (with a name like that, he should know, right?) on Gurdjieff. I also really enjoyed Gurdjieff Unveiled by Seymour Ginsberg, but would not put it above Ouspensky's work.

Be cool, be well.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms