We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Introductions Options

Sally
#1 Posted : 9/24/2010 3:19:40 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

Hey Smile

My name is Sally and obviously, I have just joined the forum!

I am a student of religious studies and my interests lie in the use of entheogens. My undergraduate dissertation compared Ayahuasca experience reports with mystical experiences of non-entheogenic religions. I am currently writing a thesis which considers endogenous dimethyltryptamine and the origins of religion. Shocked (It doesn't go down well with my theologian teachers!)

I have been floating around the DMT nexus for a few months now, reading various discussion topics and decided it was probably time I signed up! Many of your posts have been very insightful to me and I'm sure they will continue to do so.

Much love,
Sally
xx
ॐ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . ॐ

ॐ bwrrrr bWWrrr bhrrrr bHWRRR ॐ

. Pure Universal Pulse Vibrations . Saloreo Nebulum .

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

vibrancy3
#2 Posted : 9/24/2010 3:29:23 PM

Josh

Sally wrote:
I am currently writing a thesis which considers endogenous dimethyltryptamine and the origins of religion. Shocked (It doesn't go down well with my theologian teachers!)

Sounds lke it would be a interesting read, you should post a link or something on the nexus Very happy

Welcome to nexus sally

hyperspacing
#3 Posted : 9/24/2010 3:33:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!! What entheogens have you tried? Any extractions?

-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

Sally
#4 Posted : 9/24/2010 3:50:25 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

Hello Very happy

I've had my fair share of entheogens, but my personal experiences don't play any role in my research. I have to maintain a certain amount of objectivity unfortunately.

I'll admit I have never taken DMT (intentionally that is Wink ) maybe I will one day. I have read so many experience reports that I'm a bit scared by it lol. I'm a wimp, I know.

Hopefully, when the paper is written, submitted and marked it will be available in university libraries and maybe published, all being well. We shall see Smile

Thanks for your quick replies and warm welcome!
Sally
xx
ॐ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . ॐ

ragabr
#5 Posted : 9/29/2010 3:01:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Sally! I missed your introduction when it first came through, but have seen plenty of your great contributions in other threads.

Welcome to the Nexus!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Sally
#6 Posted : 10/1/2010 1:51:47 PM

Thanks Smile

Should hopefully be able to contribute more in the very near future Smile

xx

eyorca
#7 Posted : 10/1/2010 6:59:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sally wrote:
Hey Smile

My name is Sally and obviously, I have just joined the forum!

I am a student of religious studies and my interests lie in the use of entheogens. My undergraduate dissertation compared Ayahuasca experience reports with mystical experiences of non-entheogenic religions. I am currently writing a thesis which considers endogenous dimethyltryptamine and the origins of religion. Shocked (It doesn't go down well with my theologian teachers!)

I have been floating around the DMT nexus for a few months now, reading various discussion topics and decided it was probably time I signed up! Many of your posts have been very insightful to me and I'm sure they will continue to do so.

Much love,
Sally
xx

hi sally,

nice to meet you!!: )

~~~~
that's awesome that your studying religeon and focusing on entheogens!

~~~~
i think it's funny that your theology teachers were uncomfortable with your thesis subject: D..
im sure it will be a great thesis subject!

~~~~
i remember when i got in a disagreement with my religious studies teacher about ,,
as i think i put it,,
"isn't shiva the god of pot?": D..
which i read in Plants Of The Gods..
and ended up bringing in to show my teacher to prove i wasn't a total waste case!: D..: )

~~~~
i used to love cultural anthropology alot,,
especially those journals with all the different articles.. : )

Sally
#8 Posted : 10/1/2010 9:56:19 PM

eyorca wrote:

hi sally,

nice to meet you!!: )

~~~~
that's awesome that your studying religeon and focusing on entheogens!

~~~~
i think it's funny that your theology teachers were uncomfortable with your thesis subject: D..
im sure it will be a great thesis subject!

~~~~
i remember when i got in a disagreement with my religious studies teacher about ,,
as i think i put it,,
"isn't shiva the god of pot?": D..
which i read in Plants Of The Gods..
and ended up bringing in to show my teacher to prove i wasn't a total waste case!: D..: )

~~~~
i used to love cultural anthropology alot,,
especially those journals with all the different articles.. : )

Hey eyorca, nice to meet you too Smile
Yeah, I study at a religious university, where the theology department is one of the best in the country. Some teachers are all go for the topic idea and some think I'm a total wierdo. Personally I think they need to grow up, open their mind a bit more and stop being so quick to judge. LOL.
Plants of the Gods is a very good book, nice choice Smile

I hope we meet on chat sometime soon, that would be nice Smile
Have a lovely day xxx