We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Recycle PC into grow box! Options

DoingKermit
#1 Posted : 9/4/2010 2:59:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently i have been looking into buying some new grow lights and hydroponic equipment (my old sodium lamp and white florescent was stolen when i last moved). I have found a great hydroponics shop down the rd from my house. As i was searching for DIY grow box's i came across a bunch of tutorials on turning an old pc tower into a grow box by removing all the inner parts besides the fans. Although i think a PC tower might be a bit small for when your plants get to flowering stage, i think it's perfect for seedlings.

Has anyone had experience with this and is it worth doing? There are tutorials all over the net on how to build one if anyone's interested. seems perfect for keeping things descrete, as you can keep it set up like a normal home computer Smile

I would include links to a few tutorials, but i am using my phone to write this and have no way of doing so.

Love to all!

DK

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Virola78
#2 Posted : 9/29/2010 4:47:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lowryders Wink

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

hyperspacing
#3 Posted : 9/29/2010 8:14:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My grower friends would need one of those giant pos super computers from the 70's lol
-Close your eyes, See the light, and feel the sunshine in the shade

~All views, ideas and opinions of this user are strictly fictional and in no way represent an act done in reality.

vibrancy3
#4 Posted : 9/29/2010 8:28:31 PM

Josh

Virola78 wrote:
Lowryders

Lowriders flower within lke 4 months i think aswell ?

Virola78
#5 Posted : 9/29/2010 9:53:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting cross between some ruderalis and Northern-lights. The influence of the ruderalis genes makes the Lowryder start to flower regardless of the time you give it light. The plant will form one big bud. Plants will remain short, 50cm would be a big plant.

There is also a Lowryder #2, which if i remember correctly is a cross between Lowryder #1 and a Santa Maria.

Anyways, there is nice stuff on you tube. Also search some forums for more details...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2IhGmJnMIE

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.