We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi Folks Options

Agave
#1 Posted : 9/26/2010 5:47:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Folks,
Real interestin place ya have here...kinda glad I found it. I've actually been lurking for a few months learning all kinds of amazing things and what impresses me the most is how respectful every one is to one another, a rarity on the "innertubes". OK, about myself. Starting back in the 70s I used to experement a bit with psychoactive substances. Some LSD, mushrooms, a little peyote and mesc, and even smoked a bunch of datura once without knowing a thing about it( hey, I didn't say I was the brightest kid on the blockRolling eyes ). Shrooms were always my favorite though and they always treated me well. Anyhow, everyday life eventually took over, kids,work etc. and until now the last trip I had was in '93 I think, and it was one of those sublime crystal colorado mountain high kind of days. Incredibly satisfying. My wife still fondly refers to it as The Best Day of Her Life.

I always did mean to revisit that experience again, but 17 years went by. we moved away, old friends moved on. I no longer had any idea where to even find mushies or anything else for that matter. Until this summer. I decided I had to make it happen, and it did. Ah...yes the old trickster was the same as ever, just patiently waiting for me after all these years. but now I think I even get more out of them because now I know what I'm seeking, I know the question to ask. It has always been an outward nature journey for me but the last couple of times I've challenged my personal weaknesses in an attempt to strengthen my character and be a better human, to grow beyond my own selfish needs. I know it sounds like a cliche but the power of Love can really kick some serious ass! That was my last big revelation.

I feel very fortunate that I get to live and work in the remote and wild highlands of southern arizona in such a natural environment. I feel like I have a pretty good handle on who I am and I'm pretty content with that. Like I said, I never was the smartest kid on the block, just a blue collar worker bee but I've been through a bit and I might have some practical wisdom to share from time to time. I'm still in great shape but I'm sort of getting a little up there in years now. The road for me has kind of leveled out and I'm in a place that I can experience some things like Spice and Aya, which I have yet to try. That also brings me to a question. Is there anyone out ther that has taken part in a traditional ayahuasca ceremony as opposed to just just making your own brew and what would be the benefits/drawbacks? I'm trying to decide if it is worth it to do a guided ceremony but I also don't want to be a part of some ridiculous new age tourist novelty. Anyhow, I'm getting off topic, which was about introductions... Peace All.
As Within, So Without.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sally
#2 Posted : 9/26/2010 8:27:25 AM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

Hi Agave Very happy
Some people prefer to take aya in a traditional ceremony, others do not. It depends on what you are seeking to get out of the experience really.
If you wanted to take aya in its spiritual context, maybe look into the Santo Daime church? Its a religious setting so it won't be some corny tourist thing.

You seem to have had many interesting experiences, what is you entheogen of choice?

Welcome to nexus Smile
xxxx
เฅ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . เฅ

เฅ bwrrrr bWWrrr bhrrrr bHWRRR เฅ

. Pure Universal Pulse Vibrations . Saloreo Nebulum .

Agave
#3 Posted : 9/26/2010 6:18:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Sally
hey, I just looked into Santo Daime. Some really interesting stuff there and while I don't completely reject Christianity,I have a difficult time imagining myself using rosary beadsVery happy . No, but seriously there is certainly much more to it than that and I'm sure you're well aware that nearly all native people have picked up some aspect of Christianity and incorporated it into their own useful purposes. Probably not exactly what the missionaries intended, but hey, that's human nature to use the parts that work and discard what doesn't. anyway, intriguing stuff that I would like to learn more about.

I have to say that psylocibin has always been kind to me. I have a couple of peruvian torches growing in pots that I have plans for but that's a ways off. I want to try DMT,but if that's gonna happen I guess I'll have to whip some up myself. Theres just a whole lot of things out there that I wasn't even aware of until recently. Gosh, I think I have some cathing up to do! Peace,
Agave
As Within, So Without.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 9/27/2010 12:32:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, welcome to the Nexus, friend!

Im glad the time off from psychedelics have helped you become more mature and now be able to appreciate them and life from a deeper perspective. I hope your future experiences are very benefiting for you!

As for ceremony vs taking at home, they both can be great, I wouldnt say any substitutes the other. I have participated in daime ceremonies, alone and also indigenous rituals. I must say daime has been my least favourite. I have many friends who are part of it but it's too full of rules, the rituals are too controlled, too much light around, etc. Also I prefer music without lyrics when im in that state of consciousness, and even though some of the daime songs can be very pretty, they are still based on words and meaning, while indigenous music for example is often more related to the notes and vibrations and patterns in the sounds that they sing (and how certain sounds bring about certain visions, etc).

The thing is, I dont know how it is for people who are not from south america to travel all the way down and try to find some curandero or pajé, specially with all the fake ones out there. I would be careful and either go for something that a trustable person recommends, or maybe go for a long time to south america and go away from the beaten path, and try to find the real stuff. The real indigenous ritual experience is magic, but if thats not possible, I think one can still have an amazing time at home making your own brew. Just start with low doses, make sure to have good set and setting, and the rest will flow by itself Smile

Agave
#5 Posted : 9/28/2010 3:15:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Endlessness
some good insight there and choices to consider. Right now I'm leaning towards indigenous, there's just something appealing about facing the unknown. I'm going to be patient for now and see what the future brings.
Peace
As Within, So Without.