We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Inner paths to outer space Options

Infinite I
#1 Posted : 6/28/2008 4:35:34 PM

JC

Just got this book the other day http://www.amazon.com/In...ychedelics/dp/159477224X It has four different authors, rick strassman, slawek wojtowitz luis eduardo luna and ede frecska, half way through it highly reccomended Very happy

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

fredyjenkins
#2 Posted : 6/29/2008 8:15:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm looking foward to this one, i ordered it yesterday along with other books about psychedelics, i just cant wait. Can you tell us more about it?

Infinite I
#3 Posted : 6/29/2008 9:18:45 PM

JC

It seems to be focusing on the contact made with aliens. The first part is strassman and its kind of an overview of the spirit molecule, then the second part is by Luis Eduardo Luna talking about his life and experiences with ayahuasca. Then theres the different experiences. Like in both parts the authors would talk about the science of it and there academic lifes then the next chapter is the different types of experiences with dmt and ayahuasca respectively. The third part ive just got too is by Slawek Wotjowicz and its about mushrooms, only half way through it but really good book and some really interesting reports, im trying not to fly through it, want to make it last, but I could easily fly through it! What other books about psychedelics did you order fredyjenkins?

fredyjenkins
#4 Posted : 7/1/2008 3:57:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

John Lilly - Center of the Cyclone

Satnislav Grof - the adventure of self discovery

fredyjenkins
#5 Posted : 7/8/2008 12:41:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hum, i finally got my hands on the book, and to me, the first chapters writen by Strassman are mostly a reprint of some material already mentioned in Dtm the spirit molecule. I guess it's valuable to someone without any deep knowledge about psychedelics but for me it's redundant. The part about ayahuasca is clearly great.

As soon as i finish it, i'll do my own brief and opiniated personal review of it here in this thread. Oddly enough, i did not found a single thread anywhere else with someone doing just that with that book.

Weird. I guess lots of people dont read that much or something. humpf..

shoe
#6 Posted : 7/14/2008 11:18:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the tip off guys, I just bought two books from amazon. I don't read enough really. except on the internet, but I figure its summer so I can go outside abit more....
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

ambi-lysergance
#7 Posted : 8/23/2008 11:38:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bought this book by strassman and the others just yesterday, incredible stuff!
just finished reading food of the gods by terrance mckenna whitch was also immersing reading.
any other recomendations people?
oh yeah as u can see im new around here. play nice lol.
greetings allWink
ambi lysergance is a fictional character who in the realms of fantasy indulges in such topics as science, arts and psychoactive plant induced visions