We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vaporgenie flame - Touch or not the filter? Options

Soulshine
#1 Posted : 9/25/2010 11:49:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just got my GVG yesturday, went to use it, and the damn torch lighter wouldnt work. go figure! so i used a bic, which is a sin or so "they" say. So i went to the head shop and they informed me i need to use better quality fluid, because the cheap stuff may contain sediments.

So they fixxed my torch, and i bought good fluid.

I did managed to get off even with the bic.

There was a youtube video that actually showed some one smoking, but it was taken down.... and i checked the smoking threads up and down. My question is when lighting the GVG are you not supposed to touch the ceramic filter with the torch? I just don't want to ruin it. The instructions said not to touch it, yet on a thread i read some one ask if the filter should be glowing when hitting. Whats up?

Thanks.
The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in !!!"

"Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity" - Pema Chodron

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 9/26/2010 4:37:35 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

The flame should not touch the filter, yet the heating element will glow as a result of the high temperature it is exposed to (even from a distance). This is precisely why there is no need to touch the heating element with the flame.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Soulshine
#3 Posted : 9/26/2010 6:11:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much SB. Im going to go for a test flight w in the next couple of hours...
The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in !!!"

"Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity" - Pema Chodron

KwisatzHaderach
#4 Posted : 9/26/2010 11:09:24 AM

everything is becoming

I love when other people have the same questions as me! Everyone get's blessed with answers Very happy

just ordered my first GVG a few days ago Very happy
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/26/2010 1:31:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes and so that others can make use of the thread, better correctly name the thread title, and then in the future it can be easily found. I renamed the thread, hope you dont mind Pleased

Ice House
#6 Posted : 9/26/2010 2:49:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I bet I've used a bic lighter and touched the element with it at least 100 times. lol With no adverse results. I understand a torch is optimal. Today my GVG works as well as it did once upon a time when I purchased it.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

gibran2
#7 Posted : 9/26/2010 3:03:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

According to the literature that came with my GVG, when using an ordinary lighter, the flame should be kept far enough away from the ceramic diffuser to prevent carbon/soot buildup. It’s not the heat that will cause any problems, but over time the carbon will clog the diffuser.

The diffuser is a dark grey color, and carbon is, of course, black. So if you notice any black spots on the diffuser, then you’re starting to get some carbon buildup.

In another thread someone described how the glass surrounding the diffuser of their GVG started cracking. It was probably defective, but it did raise concerns about applying a butane torch flame directly to the glass. (The consensus was – don’t do it.)
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.