We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
vaporizing temperature for DMT? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 8/22/2008 8:36:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM owns a vaporizer which he would like to try using DMT with. its one of those german ones from www.aromed.com

it goes up to 235°C

SWIM has lost his merck index in his chaotic enviornment Smile
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

lorax
#2 Posted : 8/22/2008 9:14:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the melting point of DMT is 216-217°C but i'm not sure if this would be the temp to set my vaporizer to..
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 8/22/2008 10:41:13 PM

The Great Namah

cheech wrote:
the melting point of DMT is 216-217°C but i'm not sure if this would be the temp to set my vaporizer to..

cheech, I believe the compound you quoted is not DMT but another compound all together, Trimethyltryptamine.

from Shulgin:

Quote:
MELTING POINT
"As to melting points, some in the literature are of plant isolates and other are of synthetic samples. A brief and incomplete survey has revealed the following numbers, all in °C: 44, 44.6-46.8, 46, 47, 48-49, 49-50, 56-57, 57-59, 58-60, 64-67, 67 and 67-68. The 58-60 and 64-67 values are from the Aldrich Chemical Company, for samples bearing the purity claims of "puriss" and 99+% "Gold Label" resp. The Merck Index gives the very early, very low values of 46 °C and 44.6-46.8 °C and claimes that the bp is 60-80 °C with atmospheric pressure being implied. It is clearly in error on both matters. No evidence has been published suggesting polymorphism. The published mp values for the trimethyl quaternary iodide span the range from 188 °C to 233 °C, including in-between values of 197 °C and 216-217 °C. This physical property is of limited value." --Alexander Shulgin from

I can't find much but the Merck Index numbers of 60-80C (140-176F)

You should be safe with anything over say, 180F (82.2C) If you get no smoke, pump the heat up a little higher!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

lorax
#4 Posted : 8/23/2008 1:59:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has jungle spice/DMT infused weed which he would like to check out with his vaporizer. But since weed needs 160-200°C anyways it will probably be no problem. Thanks mate!

Big Inhale
#5 Posted : 8/23/2008 2:15:33 PM

The Enlightend One

Can you vaporize psilocybin crystals
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

lorax
#6 Posted : 8/23/2008 3:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah.. it works pretty good. you gotta put em on top of some other herb. otherwise they will just melt thru the screen and hit the water with no effect done. its kinda a waste tho.. it doesnt last as long as when one eats it. try vaporizing some when you have already eaten some beforehand. this is a great visual booster.