We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marijuana makes your brain bigger! Options

jungleheart
#1 Posted : 9/25/2010 4:45:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.ted.com/talks...s_are_not_your_fate.html

Dean Ornish from the University of California, San Fransisco, which has a very reputable medical school.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

โ—‹
#2 Posted : 9/25/2010 6:55:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Cool video!! Little tid bits of info im sure lots of people out there in the world could use.

Thanks for sharing

antrocles
#3 Posted : 9/26/2010 3:34:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

..."i'm just the messenger"....

love it Pleased

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

WSaged
#4 Posted : 9/26/2010 3:54:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well I sure hope my skull grows too...cause my brains gotta be ready to explode from Cannabis-Growth-Hormone !!!Very happy
(THCGH?)

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

mapp
#5 Posted : 9/26/2010 4:42:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

quoteonthetedsite wrote:
Nicotine itself is not carcinogenic, according to the International Agency for Research on Cancer, but is implicated in heart disease."
(quoted from http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/conteโ€ฆ )

Nicotine is not in itself carcinogenic, but has been shown to be co-carcinogenic
with benzo(a)pyrene [also found in tobacco smoke] in causing skin cancer in mice"
(quoted from http://arjournals.annualreviews.org/.../โ€ฆ )

In conclusion, while nicotine itself is not carcinogenic it is shown to be co-carcinogenic with other chemicals, including those found in cigarette smoke.

I smoke pinches of mapacho few times a day, I don't think those findings would apply much in a case like mine, so I'll just ignore those findings and thumbs up cannabanoids news.

Morphane
#6 Posted : 9/26/2010 5:41:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, but I still don't understand what is so bad about sugar (in moderation). From what I understand, the body converts carbohydrates into glucose, so even if you abstain from white sugar, it is going to be in your body anyway.

I don't know. I've just finished reading Food of the Gods, and wonder if I should be feeling guilty about my daily cup of coffee, two spoons of sugar, and four pieces of chocolate.

VisualDistortion
#7 Posted : 9/26/2010 7:12:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Morphane wrote:
Interesting, but I still don't understand what is so bad about sugar (in moderation). From what I understand, the body converts carbohydrates into glucose, so even if you abstain from white sugar, it is going to be in your body anyway.

I don't know. I've just finished reading Food of the Gods, and wonder if I should be feeling guilty about my daily cup of coffee, two spoons of sugar, and four pieces of chocolate.

Simple sugars cause your blood insulin levels to sky rocket and then they crash down rapidly. High sugar diets have been linked to diabetes. I also think that sugar is more easily store as fat than starches. Can someone with more knowledge on that statement confirm or deny?

EDIT: I should add that in moderation you are definitely fine, although it depends on what you define as moderation.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

corridors of my cells
#8 Posted : 9/26/2010 8:10:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always believed cannabis to be a miracle plant when not abused.. It helps too many psychological and physical problems. But when abused, just like other substances it can be destructive.. I feel bad everytimei watch such videos coz i have no access to marijuana since many years here.. that is really sad but i should keep smiling Smile thanks for the share jungleheart.

dragon-n
#9 Posted : 9/26/2010 9:06:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

VisualDistortion wrote:
Morphane wrote:

Simple sugars cause your blood insulin levels to sky rocket and then they crash down rapidly. High sugar diets have been linked to diabetes. I also think that sugar is more easily store as fat than starches. Can someone with more knowledge on that statement confirm or deny?

EDIT: I should add that in moderation you are definitely fine, although it depends on what you define as moderation.

i think what he's talking about is "refined sugar," meaning sugar that has been concentrated and isolated.
unprocessed sugar is brain food. refined sugar is, like Terrance says, a drug (in the bad sense of the word "drug"Pleased
it's like chewing a little coca leaf compared to snorting 4 phat lines of cocaine. there's a HUGE difference.
the difference is that when you have sugar in a fruit (or whatever), you also have a lot of bulk along with it....in other words fiber.
the fiber acts to gradually release the sugars into the bloodstream, avoiding unnecessary spikes that tax the organs.
of course certain people are more sensitive to even natural sugars than others, but in general, humans are fruit-eating animals so fruit was quite literally MADE for us.
interesting though, there is indeed scientific evidence that proves that even diabetic people can tolerate natural sugars once they've eliminated processed sugars/foods and the organs return to their proper functioning. those interested see this documentary.
so it's never really that natural sugars are the problem, it's this modern, mass-manufactured drug-isolate we called processed sugar that is causing much havoc on people's nervous systems and organs.

i will quote a few facts from my "encyclopedia of whole foods medicine:"
processed sugar puts you on a treadmill and has you always wanting more, it could even be called kiddie cocaine, because it's so addictive and changes the behavior of children and even adults with ease.
also leads to Crohn's disease.
causes fatigue and adrenal weakness.
internal parasites feed on it.
one teaspoon of sugar is said to set the immune system back three and a half hours.
triggers a rise in blood sugar and stimulates insulin production.

humans can virtually do anything in moderation (including huffing gas!!!!) so just because we aren't noticing our faces falling off doesn't mean we are not being negatively effected on some subtle but tangible level.
if you really have a sweet tooth, eat unrefined, unfiltered, raw honey!!
but of course, never feel guilty if you eat processed sugar, negative emotions are far more damaging than any donut!! Laughing