We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
gone too far with fasting and foods? Options

Phlux-
#21 Posted : 9/20/2010 2:38:37 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Okay so i got a lot of pm's about this and ppl asking for more info.
Im not the best source of info on this - i just listen to my body and do what it tells me to.
In one pm someone mentioned calorie restriction - first i had read of it - sounds interesting.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calorie_restriction

sorry i cant be of more help - all i can say is just listen to what ur body tells u and dont try to rush the change - adapt over time to fasting.
another nice quote i got in pm - "one day in week no food, 100 years of health"
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

olympus mon
#22 Posted : 9/20/2010 8:26:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

phlux, in your first post here your harshly dismissing people telling you they are listening to their bodies and that fasting doesnt agree with them....
Phlux- wrote:
this is nonsense - i have a super quick metabolism - very fast - cant imagine it being faster.
i can fast for a week if i wish and quite comfortably - like everything it takes practice.

it takes commitment to reach this level - most ppl are lazy and happy to say - ooh my body isnt suitable for this - rubbish - go to india - anyone can fast happily for long - just gota train ur body a bit.

then your saying listen to your bodies and you dont have all the answers...
Phlux- wrote:

sorry i cant be of more help - all i can say is just listen to what ur body tells u and dont try to rush the change - adapt over time to fasting.

maybe you dont mean to come off this way but your comments sound like "listen to your body unless they disagree with how i do things".

could you clarify please?
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Phlux-
#23 Posted : 9/21/2010 9:32:35 AM

The Root

ok -

u listen to ur body - but push it every now and again - furthering ur abilities - really this isnt hard to understand.
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

jamie
#24 Posted : 9/21/2010 8:09:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"i got a lot of friends that overload on complex mixtures of superfoods etc - that isnt really beneficial."

Do you have a source for your claim that taking lots of super foods is not really benificial? Also 1 hour of playing hacky is not really much man. Lots of people work 8+hour jobs doing heavy work..I work all day then get off work and am at the beach after half the time skimboarding, which is alot of running..or mountain biking or snowboarding in the winter..I can guaranantee that I wouldnt be able to do this if I, like you ate 1 meal every 2 days. Maybe if I only had 1 hour of exercise a day and then sat around the rest of the day..MAYBE..but thats just not my reality.

Im in great physical shape and I dont eat shitty foods and I drink pure spring water all day. I feel like that is alot better for me than trying to fast concidering I am active for over 8 hours every day.

I believe you that fasting is healthy, ive done it...its just not practical for most people and eating about 75% organic raw food with some cooked food and pure water is much much more practical a thing to suggest.
Long live the unwoke.

acolon_5
#25 Posted : 9/21/2010 8:12:36 PM

The Great Namah

Phlux- wrote:
ok -

u listen to ur body - but push it every now and again - furthering ur abilities - really this isnt hard to understand.

This is, I believe, a more realistic general statement to make.

I would only add that the body is not the only thing that needs to be trained...don't negelect the mind either....which, I have found, is much, much harder to train.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Phlux-
#26 Posted : 9/22/2010 7:12:07 AM

The Root

no 4shizzle acolon - we are made of 3 parts - physical, mental and idk - hate the word - spiritual
get sick on the spiritual level - causes mental disorders - mental stress - causes physical problems etc...

hehe frac - no 1upmanshit - and u havent played hak in my circle Smile - not like usa footbag - this shits extreme :Þ
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

soulfood
#27 Posted : 9/23/2010 3:50:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I'm definately more about tighter controls than about complete abstinance.

I like to have my digestive system fairly vacant, but at the same time ayahuasca is a journey and often a very difficult one. You wouldn't go hiking without a bottle of water and a sandwich in your nap sack would you?

When I was a child I'd pass out on occasion and in more recent years, strong bouts with psychedelics have also brought that on. I surely can't have any worthwhile insight when I'm fighting for my own conciousness. That's actually probably the most counter productive thing in the world. Also there's nothing more confusing then passing out at the peak of a heavy experience with DMT, then coming round... at the peak of a heavy experience of DMT. Yikes.

What I do now is pick something light that is easy to digest and has some good nutrients and nothing fits the bill better than fruits and vegetables. However I try not to eat anything at all for 4 hours before ayahuasca, but I will indulge in some good ol' juice as sugars are very important to me all the way through the experience.

My strictest guideline is if you're purging hard chunks, you've fucked up Smile

PREV12