We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First two Caapi only brews. Options

Once
#1 Posted : 9/21/2010 2:45:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey yall,

I have recently started working with vine only brews as a way to start working up from Pharma to Aya. My first brew was 50g of Red. The Red went down smooth and I felt very light body buzz and no nausea. I definately underdosed with this one, however I fell in to a deeeeeep sleep and had several very profound and lucid dreams. I could feel the vine working during my sleep and dreams, very cool! Both my girlfriend and I woke up at like 2:00am and had to right down our dreams. Overall this was a nice light introduction to the vine.
So last night I drank my next brew, it was made with 100g of Maya's Cielo Vine. First off, the taste was much more bitter, believe me I can still taste it now. I started with about 60g and had a booster cup nearby in case.

I started sitting in my meditation chair doing some simple breathing and energy exercises just trying to relax and feel my body and the subtle effects of the medicine. After about 20 minutes I decided that I liked where this was going and that I was going to take the booster.

I began to develop a very strong body buzz, beautiful, I started to feel as if I was preparing for an OBE with strong vibrations and feel of being pulled up through my head. I decided to go with it, and visualized my self as an eagle soaring over the Arizona mountains (I have history with this Eagle from my last Pharma journey), I flew through the clouds, dipped to the forest floor and returned to the sky driving straight upwards to the heavens. When I broke through the clouds I saw the eagle (no longer me as the eagle) project a small rainbow overhead, the sky then opened with rain. Watching the Eagle bring rain reminded me of a Native American legend or something, i.e, "and this is how eagle brought us rain."

After the Eagle vision, I had one more very interesting visualizaion. This one again was flying, but this time I was flying through deep space in my chair! I zipped around perusing various heavenly bodies and ended with a handshake from a very stereotypical looking grey alien. While shaking his hand it occured to me that what I was really doing was accepting the other, both the other out there and the other in me. This vision was about accepting your shadow and allowing yourself to heal and become complete. I wonder if all the fear in out culture of aliens coming down to attack and abduct, is just people being deperately afraid to unlock the shadow aspects of themselves?

My body buzz continued nicely at this point, but with increasing nausea. At first I was uncomfortable, then I just really wanted to purge, and purge I did. The next hour or so was a strange mix of feeling a nice body buzz, thoughtfull reflection, and significant nausea and vomiting. I was happy to experience the purge, and I really enjoyed thinking about the medicine cleaning me out, apparently there was quite a bit of cleaning to do.

Overall, I am very enthusiastic about my new ally, Caapi. I know that I have some brewing techniques I can improve, and I am getting a better feel for the dosage. Apparently 50g of red is too low and 100g of Cielo is just a little high. Im thinking that 75 or 80g might be perfect for me with vine only brews.

Thanks for reading, Blessings
Once
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

olympus mon
#2 Posted : 9/21/2010 6:22:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

thank you for sharing your story. sounds like a really nice experience Very happy . i have really begun to love caapi only brews. although adding the dmt is quite profound the relaxing lazy soft flow of a strong caapi tea is just as good to recharge my energy.

how did you brew these?
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

sigmundfreuid
#3 Posted : 9/21/2010 9:15:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Your story really inspires swim to experiment again with Caapi.

Thank you.
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

teotenakeltje
#4 Posted : 9/21/2010 9:19:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you!

Once
#5 Posted : 9/22/2010 1:56:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Olympus,

These brews were done in a crock pot 3x9 with vinegar (a little too much I think) added to the first two cooks. Each wash was filtered through a shirt and added to my large steel pot. Next I did and eggwhite filtration, which seems to get a lot of the chunks out. Then just a standard reduction down to 100-150ml.

The red tasted not to bad at all, but the cielo was SUPER bitter. I have more cielo for my next brew, but I am going to pull it back fom 100g to 75 or 80. I'm wondering if my choice of vine contributed to the fairly heavy purge, I'm interested in trying white and also a higher dose of red. The 50g of red produced no nausea but also negligable effects.

I have some Hawaiian Chacruna on the way, and I am excited to add the light. I'm gonna start pretty slow though, I might do another vine only brew or two so that I can get a better feel for different dosages and vine varietes.

Ive heard that Caapi and Chacruna potentiate each other, so if 50g caapi was weak by itself, I'm thinking it could be plenty combined with 10g Chacruna. I definately would not want any light added to the 100g Cielo, I would've been into some serious intergalactic spewing.

Anybody else have any thoughts on dosages for a first time admix brew? or personal faves?

olympus mon
#6 Posted : 9/22/2010 3:46:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

sounds like a good job brewing.
one thing i have found that really helped reduce nausea is freeze precipitating or leaving the tea a couple days in the fridge and decant the sediment off.

the teas gets really transparent and a quite beautiful tint of redish gold. it is easier to drink too because you wont have tannins sticking to the back of your throat and mouth.

Once
#7 Posted : 9/22/2010 4:23:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Olympus,

The red vine produced quite a beautiful rich red brew. I found myself marveling at how clear yet colorful it was. My cielo brew was quite a bit murkier. What kind of vine do you use?

When you add light, have you been brewing the plants together or seperate? I like the idea of brewing seperate because I can dose the light if and when I feel its right. But on the other hand I do like the idea of the plants brewing together synergizing in the pot for hours. Maybe once I hone in a comfortable dose I will brew together.

Do you have any experience with Hawaiian Chacruna? I've heard recommended dosage is 1/2 of peruvian maybe 8-10g to start?

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 9/22/2010 5:17:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ive been using yellow caapi from heavenly products. i love how all the different vines produce different color teas!! they are really beautiful! my yellow vine brew looks like coffee with cream but after i decant and freeze it it gets this pretty reddish-brown and more transparent. A LOT of color changes depends on the acid your using and if your using acid at all.

you hit the nail on the head as far as brewing separate goes. i totaly agree with your logic and i do the the same thing. i feel that yes, synergy is a great concept but that can wait till i get all my doses and combinations dialed in. in the mean time we are just going to learn the most by trying different levels of caapi vs. admixtures and separate brewing gives us total adjustability.

i dont know much about Hawaiian chacruna but those amounts sound low. regular chacruna is a 1/1 ratio of vine to leaf. so 10g wouldnt be much at all. now chaliponga is much less more like what your describing. i think those doses range 5-15g chaliponga. someone correct me if im wrong.

i tried chacruna once but i just didnt take enough. it makes a really thick nasty brew and was way worse than the caapi to hold down!! effect reports sound very inconsistent so i pretty much just brew mhrb powder. again im trying to minimize variables to learn where my comfort zone then ill play around with other admixtures.

theres really a lot to ayahuasca i never dreamed it would be. its not tripping and you have to learn first then do. im quite inspired by this whole process.

keep on truckin!

Once
#9 Posted : 9/22/2010 6:02:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the encouragement and feedback!

Sounds like we are both kind of feeling it out right now. 10g Hawaiian might be low, but i think I'm gonna start there, or maybe I'll just brew up 100g of it and have a cup that I can just sip off of as feels appropriate, and then save whatevers left for later. I have heard the Chacruna brews can be pretty nasty...

Did you reduce your chaliponga way down to like a shots worth or so? I was thinking of doing like a 3x30min with the Chacruna.

Post up any of your experiences, I'd love to keep up with your progress. I probobly wont be able to finish another brew for about two weeks, but I'll be sure to post my results.

It's really been learning how to work with these plants.....still a lot to learn.

Once

olympus mon
#10 Posted : 9/22/2010 7:17:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry i edited my post, i meant i tried chacruna with no success not chaliponga. and yes chacruna tasted awful had a nasty texture! i actually kind of like caapi though.Laughing

i did however just order some white vine and chali from maya. will take a couple weeks but i heard its worth the customs and shipping time.

well i just finished my brew i started this weeknd! im really excited about this one. ive learned quite a but since my last brewing. i KNOW this is the ONE!

im starting with 75g caapi with 1.5g mhrb 20 min. later. ill have a back up shot of each standing by as well.

Once
#11 Posted : 9/22/2010 2:53:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good Luck, and Happy Equinox!