We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
guesstimating dosage... Options

Wax
#1 Posted : 9/19/2010 11:28:54 PM

LUVR

swim just completed his first extraction a few days ago, sadly swim does not have and is unable to get a mg scale so has been starting out real low like the size of a lollipop stick in circumference and working swims way up to about the size of a 3/4 of the way used pencil eraser (like my analogies, haha)

using a bulb style vape and definitely not burning it ( only gets the taste of the spice, and feeling and small vapor on exhale) has not really felt much more than a slight body buzz and wobbly vision. when eyes are closed swim may have seen a brief flash of an alien face and a small pattern that was not bright nor resembled a mandala much but was bubbly in texture and looking more like a fixed symbol such as a native american pattern or something. but these may have been slight placebo for they only lasted for maybe half a second and swim has a very colorful imagination to begin with Very happy

also there was some sort of alien...going to say feeling but not exactly a presence if you get what I mean. and swims body felt slightly warm and afterwords swims face felt kind of tight. this is only after the largest dose mind you.

So what swim would like to know is if anyone could tell him what a good dose looks like, swim knows that this is not a question most will answer because the dosage is very important but there is no other way for swim Sad

also how much would you guess swim has taken? going with the pencil eraser size?

any help would be very much appreciated. Laughing

'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Scunch
#2 Posted : 9/20/2010 12:18:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've heard 50 mg described as about the size of a tic tac. Eyeballing doses is hard, but the worst that will happen is you either don't get any interesting effects or it's really strong and you don't remember it.

Enoon
#3 Posted : 9/20/2010 12:29:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I think crystals are a bit larger in volume and fluffy than the same weight of non-crystalized spice. so it really depends on what kind of spice you had.
I'm also not sure about your smoking tek - maybe you're not getting the most of your spice, since I've heard said that the bulbs aren't the greatest.

The pencil eraser size could easily be around 50-60 mg which should be enough to get some very definite effects. I would rather try going for a different smoking tek. Unless you don't care about the spice you might be wasting. Then, considering the effect you described above, I would go with twice the dose you had last and see what happens.

Good luck.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Wax
#4 Posted : 9/20/2010 1:31:44 AM

LUVR

ya its white fluffy stuff, so should swim try maybe sandwiching between some herbs or ash?
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

KwisatzHaderach
#5 Posted : 9/20/2010 3:56:15 AM

everything is becoming

Hello!

I remember being in this position after my first extraction. What I ended up doing was finding a pill from the medicine cabinet that is measure in MG. And then eyeballing the spice in comparison to that. Thinking about it now, I am actually not sure if that works or not because of density....but yea could make you braver. I got a little excited at the idea the first time and forgot I was measuring in comparison to a 500mg pill....haha yea but I'm thankful I grossly overestimated for that first trip to hyperspace.

If you decide to smoke it with herb, I would suggest changa...but in interest of time, sandwich the spice between herbs. When you light the bowl, careful corner it and then drag the cherry across the bowl in order to even smoke the spice. Safe travels my friend.

thankyou

Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

Bill Cipher
#6 Posted : 9/20/2010 4:53:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There's just no responsible way to answer your question. The density of your spice will change from batch to batch - so one person's pencil eraser could be 10mgs, while another could be 100mgs. If you're opposed to getting a scale, just load it up liberally and take as big a single hit as you can. If that doesn't send you, try two the next time. If two doesn't do it, go for three. Eventually, you'll hit the sweet spot - and believe me, a colorful imagination won't be so very necessary.

CosmicFool
#7 Posted : 9/20/2010 12:46:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM remembers his first experience with DMT, he didnt have a scale so he just eyeballed an amount that he thought was small, hoo boy was he wrong. SWIM went through a severe torture where he could, among other things, see his sense of taste ripped out of his body by mouthfull of razorblades and ended having his psyche totally teared apart for few days until he understood the meaning of his travel. sometime after that SWIM ended up buying a mg scale from dealextreme, cheap, efficient and no more personal hell and torture Smile

advice: get a mg scale, it will save you a lot of trouble and provide much safer travels Smile
If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn't.

CosmicFool is a fictional character, a creation of imagination, and everything written above should not be taken seriously, or perhaps read at all.

olympus mon
#8 Posted : 9/20/2010 8:10:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Scunch wrote:
I've heard 50 mg described as about the size of a tic tac. Eyeballing doses is hard, but the worst that will happen is you either don't get any interesting effects or it's really strong and you don't remember it.

careful scunch,
ive heard this remark a few times and must say it is borderline dangerous advice. the worst thing that can happen isnt just not remembering the trip. you can most certainly have a bad journey on vaped dmt and they can be quite terrifying to say the least.
after a bunch of non breakthrough attempts i read some advice like this and piled on a eyeballed large hit thinking the worst thing that can happen is i just wont remember.....
worst thing i ever did. the trip was the scariest event in my 38 years in this body no exaggeration. i leave it at that. its taken me 8 months to start using dmt again and i havent even come close to more than 20mg at a time. im still working through the damage.

to answer the posters question, id say eyeballing is tricky and ultimately you will waste a lot of dmt however lots of people including myself got started this way.
i would concur that you should ditch the light bulb and try a good sandwiching of ash, spice and smoking herbs.

i think Uncle Knucles has the best advice. load more than you think and take it one hit at a time. but honestly.... get a scale from ebay they are 20 bucks and invest in a gvp. guaranteed breakthrough every time with basic easy technique.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Wax
#9 Posted : 9/22/2010 3:06:36 AM

LUVR

so swim tried a sandwich method between herb and put about the size of a tic tac, swim took two hits and began to feel the effects, not wanting to over do it swim stopped smoking and had very pleasant euphoria and some cev's. the cev's previously mentioned were most definitely due to a colorful imagination because these ones were much more vivid and patterning across the eyelids also a tunnel with a light shining down from above was seen. swim did not burn very much of the bowl so he decided to try it the next day.

after two regular tokes nothing was felt so swim decided to take another large toke because he figured all the spice must have been burned off in the previous experiment.....boy was he wrong

swim began vibrating and closed his eyes to see a beautiful orange-brown mandala spinning around wonderfully, it soon became very intense and swim had to open his eyes and fight it a little because he was not expecting such an effect since he thought there was no spice left.

upon opening swims eyes he saw the world around him as if he was on a large dose of both mushrooms and lsd
simultaneously everything around him was pulsating and crawling with fractal patterning.
swim also felt as if tears were coming out of the corners of his eyes and kept touching his forehead in between his eyes to see if he was bleeding because there was a very warm sensation in this area.

In conclusion swim did not breakthrough fully but believes if he would have closed his eyes and not fought it during the peak he would have been immersed in a thoroughly alien world.

also swim wonders if anyone else has this warm sensation in the third eye area of the forehead?

next time swim will load about a half tic tac and make sure to get the whole bowl Smile

olympus mon
#10 Posted : 9/22/2010 3:37:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

nice jobSmile
tip the bowl on its side if you can. it will help keep the melted spice in play.
also be aware that after a few times using that bowl A LOT of lost spice ends up pooling up and accumulating somewhere in the bowl so that last hit that you think is empty can pack quite a punch once the glass gets hot enough to vaporize all that melted spice!!!!

my first breakthrough was from this happening.Very happy
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

digital_phreedom
#11 Posted : 9/22/2010 5:41:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

KwisatzHaderach wrote:
What I ended up doing was finding a pill from the medicine cabinet that is measure in MG. And then eyeballing the spice in comparison to that. Thinking about it now, I am actually not sure if that works or not because of density....

Just wanted to point out that yeah, you're totally right about the density of the pills. Also, the binders, waxes, and fillers they use to press them have an effect. This is not a safe way to measure, certainly.

For example:

Picture a 1mg Xanax. Right? Football shaped, blue. Maybe the size of a tic-tac? Little smaller. That's 1mg alprazolam.

Now picture benedryl (diphenhydramine). Small pink pill. Also about the size of a tic-tac. MAYBE a bit bigger than the xanax, I say it's a tossup. Anyway. That small pink pill is 20mg. That's a difference of 2000%. Not a mistake anyone wants to make, thinking 1200mg DMT was only 60mg. Whoops.
Embrace this moment, remember: We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion.