We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
All About Aya <3 Options

Skizm
#41 Posted : 9/21/2010 4:52:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks so much for this. Ayahuasca has interested me for some time but I never had the patience, know-how, or maturity to make it. That has recently been changing though!

Thanks again for this post, it will definitely help a newbie through their first experience with it.
Life is a puzzle. Your parents fill in the edges and give you a starting point. The interesting thing about this puzzle is that one piece could fit in a million different spots and you will never fill it in. Try as you may, it will never be complete.

-Mi padre

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Malaclypse
#42 Posted : 9/23/2010 2:13:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks to the help of this site and this thread my Doppleganger is almost complete with his first caapi brew.

Unfortunately after 9+ hours of 3x3 he made the mistake of combining the two different caapi brews he was working on. He had to laugh at himself (after a short bit of anger) for being so attentive only to lapse for just a second as he was preparing to set up his pots for reduction to pour the wrong container (water from 200g of shredded yellow) into a pot with 2/3 of his 200g fresh cielo brews. So he won't be able to experience the differences of the two and whether his technique for the whole vine worked very well. Perhaps the 50/50 caapi brew will be great regardless though Smile.

Edit: And he's all done. Reduced down to ~500ml. The brew went from a somewhat yellowish color to a brown like a very strong cup of coffee. He should be testing it out on Sunday and will report back.

pau
#43 Posted : 9/23/2010 2:29:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

must be contagious, or destiny, or both: I did almost exactly the same thing my first time.
WHOA!

BloodShotEyes
#44 Posted : 12/12/2010 5:14:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

kemist wrote:

Thanks Thousand times Cosmic Lion. This is a very interesting reading, much appreciated !!!!

Couldn't have been said better. That is one of the realest descriptions i read. A Shaman ones said "You see it in a different way how it really is".

Also a huge gratitude to ms_manic_minxx for putting in a lot of energy and effort into creating this and helping distribute the knowledge.

DoctorMantus
#45 Posted : 2/20/2011 5:18:29 PM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

very well written and easy to understand, gonna be planning a brew soon thanks for this thread.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Soulshine
#46 Posted : 3/20/2011 6:41:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

Im about to start my first batch of aya. Just a few quick questions...

Im using yellow caapi vine and MHRB. In the post it says to brew the two separately.

Is this done identically?

Do cooking times differ if less MHRB is being used?

Do i still use vinagar with the MHRB?

Thanks so much !

Love, Life, and Music,
Soulshine

The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in !!!"

"Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity" - Pema Chodron

Shadowman-x
#47 Posted : 3/20/2011 9:29:46 PM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

Most people brew separately.

3x 3 hour simmers. filter them and change the water at the same time
pour into the same collection vessel
reduce to whatever volume you find manageable, i quite like a large glass full to sip, that way i can pace myself. a few gulps of a glass full of a strong brew will take you far, but you can sip from there and pace yourself.

acids are entirely optional during brewing.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

jamie
#48 Posted : 3/20/2011 9:40:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

i like to brew them together myslef. Minxx doesnt though and since everything brewed in this apartment both of us will be drinking, our caapi and mimosa are brewed seperatily. Not a big deal but I dont like waiting too long to dose the mimosa or it is less active for me it seems. It is nice to able to take caapi only brews also when I want to.
Long live the unwoke.

Soulshine
#49 Posted : 3/20/2011 11:06:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great, thanks guys. i just finished my first wash... there was a delay in starting the process, so its looking to be quite a long night. i would rather get it done in one shot i guess.

Looking forward to next week. My friend and i plan to drink next sunday. Its been a long time comin' ! We have been working with just crystals for a couple of years getting to know the spice and can't wait to really work with it. (just had my third changa session yesturday! idk why i waited so long, lol)

Love, Life, and Music,
Soulshine

The tragedy of life isn't that it's too short, it's that we take too long to begin it...

-NO TURN UNSTONED-
"Just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in !!!"

"Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity" - Pema Chodron

Orion
#50 Posted : 4/12/2011 12:43:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Minx, you are a class act. Thank you Smile
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

gazal
#51 Posted : 4/12/2011 11:11:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Malaclypse wrote:
Thanks to the help of this site and this thread my Doppleganger is almost complete with his first caapi brew.

Unfortunately after 9+ hours of 3x3 he made the mistake of combining the two different caapi brews he was working on. He had to laugh at himself (after a short bit of anger) for being so attentive only to lapse for just a second as he was preparing to set up his pots for reduction to pour the wrong container (water from 200g of shredded yellow) into a pot with 2/3 of his 200g fresh cielo brews. So he won't be able to experience the differences of the two and whether his technique for the whole vine worked very well. Perhaps the 50/50 caapi brew will be great regardless though Smile.

Edit: And he's all done. Reduced down to ~500ml. The brew went from a somewhat yellowish color to a brown like a very strong cup of coffee. He should be testing it out on Sunday and will report back.

see the thread "don't throw away your brewed caapi " ( smt like that...) for planning a further mono-dose extraction with the two strains and so recovering the possibility to try them separately.

bringeroflight
#52 Posted : 4/19/2011 10:50:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Hello!!

*Store in sterilized glass jars. Reduced brew can be stored for several months in the fridge, and be frozen indefinitely.

Store in sterilized jars you say? You mean sterilize the jars and then add the brew- not sterilize the jars with the brew in it, right? I would think this could ruin some of the actives, and would also be unnecessary for a reduced brew.
Would just like a clarification on what you meant here if possible, thanks!!
I am awake in a dream called reality.

olympus mon
#53 Posted : 4/20/2011 8:48:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

skullhuman wrote:
ms_manic_minxx wrote:
Hello!!

*Store in sterilized glass jars. Reduced brew can be stored for several months in the fridge, and be frozen indefinitely.

Store in sterilized jars you say? You mean sterilize the jars and then add the brew- not sterilize the jars with the brew in it, right? I would think this could ruin some of the actives, and would also be unnecessary for a reduced brew.
Would just like a clarification on what you meant here if possible, thanks!!

no my freind pasteurize the brew in the jars. use sealed mason jars and boil them for 5 min and let cool. then freeze. it will keep for years this way.

if your just storing for a month maybe a bit more simply refrigerate the tea but for long term storage you must use pasteurization .

this wont affect the brew potency one bit.

*edited the word sterilization for pasteurization to be accurate. thx phantastica
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Phantastica
#54 Posted : 4/20/2011 9:00:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^hmm..the confusion prolly arose from the term "Sterilization," because to sterilize means to kill *almost* all contaminants, which in this case would require a pressure cooker. I also originally thought that jars were supposed to be sterilized first (in the pressure cooker), and then the brew was supposed to be poured in; because otherwise, the high pressure+heat from the PC would kill the alkaloids.
but boiling the jars with brew is actually pasteurization, not sterilization. Thanks for clearing that up Olympus; boiling in pot makes much more senseSmile
<3

smokerx
#55 Posted : 4/20/2011 9:45:53 AM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

thank you so much for this thread. thank you for your time and wisdom. i feel that my time to brew my own aya is coming very soon. again thank you very much

sending lots of love
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

olympus mon
#56 Posted : 4/20/2011 5:30:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

Phantastica wrote:
^^hmm..the confusion prolly arose from the term "Sterilization," because to sterilize means to kill *almost* all contaminants, which in this case would require a pressure cooker. I also originally thought that jars were supposed to be sterilized first (in the pressure cooker), and then the brew was supposed to be poured in; because otherwise, the high pressure+heat from the PC would kill the alkaloids.
but boiling the jars with brew is actually pasteurization, not sterilization. Thanks for clearing that up Olympus; boiling in pot makes much more senseSmile

yes you are quite correct phantastica, i used the term sterilization when i should have said pasteurization. i just treat the aya as food since its organic material. a pressure cooker and such would be overkill imo. we are not concerned with microbes such as hepatitis and other tough bugs that require high pressure and heat to kill them. were just trying to sanitize the brew from bacteria that will make it spoil in long term storage. same as making jams or preserves.
sorry to confuse things. Very happy
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

nodice
#57 Posted : 8/16/2011 12:02:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Thank you Thank you Smile
have you ever taken that ferry from San Francisco to Berkeley and looked back and seen that while in Berkeley, San Francisco doesn't exist?

easyrider
#58 Posted : 8/20/2011 12:15:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was directed here by ۩'s ayahuasca visual diagram. Originally, I wrongly thought that ayahuasca would be too complicated to brew, but ۩'s simplified instructions inspired me to endeavor in the oral route. I have some inquiries before I commence, though. I would like to concoct a brew that would result with about 10 doses so I can store them in the fridge, to avoid constantly making brews. Exactly how much B. caapi and M. hostilis would I need to use, in grams? Exactly how much is one dose of admixed ayahuasca in milliliters? Why is there a need for reduction? That just decreases the yield, doesn't it? I plan on using empty tea bags with both vine and admixture, so is the egg white method still required for mimosa? Also, is there a need for decanting my mimosa brew if I'm using tea bags?
"'Most men will not swιm before they are able to.' Is not that witty? Naturally, they won't swιm! They are born for the solid earth, not for the water. And naturally they won't think. They are made for life, not for thought. Yes, and he who thinks, what's more, he who makes thought his business, he may go far in it, but he has bartered the solid earth for the water all the same, and one day he will drown."

— Hermann Hesse

۩
#59 Posted : 8/20/2011 12:40:52 AM

I would use 500 grams of caapi minimum for 10 doses. 750 for medium to strong doses. and 1000 grams of caapi for 10 strong doses.(like incapacitating.)

And figure 5 grams of mimosa per dose... that's a decent amount. Any higher and you are getting into breakthrough territory. That would equate to 5 x 10 = 50 grams of mimosa for 500 - 1000 g of caapi. Brew slowly and make sure to watch your pot! Don't want to burn/ruin a big batch.

Decanting is optional. Egg white tek is optional as well, although I can see it helping if you do it on your filtered brew before you reduce it down.

Reduce each dose to 50-100ml. So that's 500-1000ml total.

Does that help? Glad you were inspired easyrider. It really is easy and can be very gentle. I love ayahuasca. Let us know if you need any more help, and also how your experiences go.

jamie
#60 Posted : 8/20/2011 2:20:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would brew for sure 1000g if you want 10 doses..I have been brewed and drunk alllooot of ayahuasca and as you do the same you will find that at times 50g is either not enough or you will want to redose after an hour or so..so with 1000g you might find that you want 100g every time and you will have 10 solid doses there, or that you will be fine with 50ish g, but you will have some left to redose or to just drink another time. It is always better to have some extra there in case you need more.

I add chaliponga to my brews but only 10g of chali to a kilo of vine..and a few grams of mimosa for the hell of it..I then brew 30-40g of mimosa seperatily and reduce to down so that 1tsp is 2g of mimosa tea. I dose the mimosa after the brew has kicked in now becasue minxx likes it that way and it seems to hit me harder. I used to brew them together but the mimosa can be more hit or miss that way I find.

Forget about tea bags..just brew the mimosa and BEFORE you reduce it, filter and bottle it and stick it in the fridge for like 5 days..then decant it. It should be clear purple at that point..then reduce it. Yes reduce it..the more liquid you have to drink with it the less comfortable it gets I find.
Long live the unwoke.

PREV12345NEXT»