We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Has anybody thought about this? Options

Key Omen
#1 Posted : 9/15/2010 1:26:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay, so we all know and love LSD, and DMT, few people have tried DET that I know of, is it a naturally made tryptamine found in nature? I'm sure I could search, that is a tangent. What I have always thought, is why we have never tried making Lysergic Acid DIMETHYLamide? This is of course as opposed to the typical Ethyl Amide, which is also highly illegal.

Dont you think it would be worth a try? In the name of scientific illuminising?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Key Omen
#2 Posted : 9/15/2010 2:08:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In shulgins Tihkal entry for DET: http://www.erowid.org/li...ne/tihkal/tihkal03.shtml

He states:
Apparently the MAO systems do not chomp up the dialkylamines higher than methyl.

This means the LSD-MT would possible need an MAOI to be activated! DET is used Intra Muscularly and so I wonder if it could be insulfated, I would imagine that would be way too potent to want to try, makes me think of someone trying to drop a dose in there nose! Anyone tried that before (Tangent)?

The consensus on DETs effect was of dysphoria, maybe due to setting of high survalence:
Quote:

Neurological signs varied from slight generalized tremors to gross athetoid movements. Among the bizarre somatic complaints were such as: "Air is rushing through my body," "My chest is empty and there is a jelly ball in my spine," "My hands aren't there, my whole body feels funny." All subjects experienced dizziness and increased sweating. Six of the subjects stated that the experience was an unpleasant one, three of them markedly so. There was no enthusiasm in the group for a repetition of the experience, and several stated that they would leave the clinical center before submitting to it again. A similar study with ten chronic paranoid schizophrenic patients (in the same setting and with the same dosage) produced similar effects. Most became pale, shaky, and either complained of feeling sick or actually vomiting. Several also developed tremors.

To me this is an arguement for why LSDMT would be more enjoyable. Then again
Quote:

Another study was carried out in an entirely different setting, with professional colleagues, with other professionals and with artists. These were with personal friends of the research scientists, rather than strangers to them. The observed mood changes (produced, in this study, by the i.m. administration of 0.70 to 0.80 mg/Kg of DET) were described as being in the direction of euphoria; the subjects generally enjoyed the experience and wished to repeat it. The volunteered comments under the drug tended towards the mystical and philosophical, and several of these experimental subjects responded to music and art in ways that were new to them.

Also , and I quote: It had been observed that the longer the chains on the N,N-disubstituted tryptamine, the less the potency. This means LSD-MT would be more potent.

Then he says this,which confuses me, maybe a tangent: And the longer the chains, the less of the drug was excreted as the 6-hydroxyl metabolite. This focused attention on the hydroxy metabolites of the two simplest and most potent of the dialkyltryptamines, DMT and DET.

He then writes in length of 6-HO-DMT, a minor metabolite of DMT in man.

Key Omen
#3 Posted : 9/15/2010 2:13:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Surprised OOO Check this out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diethyltryptamine

It says you can feed det to psylocybin mushrooms to make 4ho DET, that's worth a try if only you could find the stuff... I found out on the wiki that it is so far not found in nature.

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 9/15/2010 2:51:43 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Lysergic acid dimethylamide is called DAM-57 and it is purported inactive in humans. But on the other hand not too may people if any have tried it. DET has not been found in nature outside man's realm.

Other than that, you got interesting ideas yet you should bear in mind that lysergamides and tryptamines bind to different receptor subsets, even in the ones they have in common they bind with different affinities and they are metabolised in different ways, so there is not great merit in comparing the two and drawing (even hypothetical!) conclusions of how DAM-57 would act based on the how DET is metabolised in the body. FYI, the MAO system attack the alpha nitrogen of tryptamines and phenethylamines, not amides, so whether it is a Lysergic acid diethylamide or a lysergic acid dimethylamide it doesn't make much difference.

Also please do not post continuously, you can edit your existing posts to add extra information. And please do something with your signature, it's way too long and messy and makes everything look like crap!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Key Omen
#5 Posted : 9/21/2010 4:21:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you so much for your word