We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
English the language to explain things Options

Ellis D'Empty
#1 Posted : 9/17/2010 1:52:20 AM

Snirfneblin

English, the language in which we use to help explain our thoughts, ideals, beliefs, etc. This to me, is a destructive force in humanity; trying to create order from chaotic harmony. Animals are beings who "feel", we "feel" emotions, we "feel" vibrations reverberating within ourselves, yet we use a language (which is my eyes tells us exactly how we as people are "supposed" to be) which has the NEED to explain in DETAIL everything. There is no "feeling" what someone is saying, no "emotional fusion" between the speaker/listeners. We need to feel what others are saying, not just "understand", which is what I believe the english language is doing.

Now, I'm not saying, "Hey lets all go out and learn some new language and take over the world haahah!!!" I'm just really wondering, has anyone, when taking journeys with others, I want to say "telepathically communicated" but that sounds to "Sci-Fi" to me... But what SWIM has noticed, is that when with others, they each and all were more deeply connected than ever before. I for one believe SWIM and decided to ask you all your thoughts on the english language along side the "emotional language concepts".

I mean, A LOT of information conceived between two or more people is non-verbal. And with enhanced "external?" "vision" can one truly learn to concentrate and find these "waves" w/o transending into hyperspace?

Just some thought's I had going through my head.... Thanks for reading.
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

cellux
#2 Posted : 9/17/2010 9:36:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Language is not necessarily bad. We feel it's bad because we're using it on a very primitive level compared to what's possible.

Even if telepathic communication was a directly experienced reality, the urge to express IT in the word would still remain I guess.

There is something amazingly powerful in the rightful utterance of those syllables. Something magical.

Ellis D'Empty
#3 Posted : 9/17/2010 6:10:56 PM

Snirfneblin

Language in itself is not bad, but what english does, is simplify everything so even the "dumbest" can understand. I feel this is destructive and bringing our society into a global meltdown (albeit not the only reason). I feel that you can get just as much, if not more, expression out of "grunting in different tones with different facial expressions etc" than speaking in english. Now, most have grown up all their lives learning english, and so it becomes second nature, it becomes the ONLY way to understand, which is destructive IMHO.

Failure and the unknown is as much about learning and knowledge as knowing and understanding.
Just because we "won't know EXACTLY what someone is 'saying'" we could use our own brains and fathom the meaning of what they are saying, more by watching/observing rather than speaking in english. (It's a lot easier to lie in english, than lie in body language)
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

Ur
#4 Posted : 9/17/2010 6:33:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Subhuti, a comparison can be made with the idea of a large human body. What would you understand me to mean if I spoke of a 'large human body'?"

"I would understand that the lord Buddha was speaking of a 'large human body' not as an arbitrary conception of its being, but as a series of words only. I would understand that the words carried merely an imaginary meaning. When the Buddha speaks of a large human body, he uses the words only as words."

English is just a blunt means of conveyance. No word in any language has any definite meaning. The meaning is a subjective construct deciphered from an set of 'objectively existing' sounds given meaning through past usage context the subject has thus far encountered.

Language is just the manipulation of phonemes and graphemes, pictorial and audio symbols whose meaning is ultimately determined by the relationship between the subject experiencing them; the world view of said subject; and the objects being interacted with.

The abstraction we call 'meaning' experienced by the sender and the receiver are intrinsically different, because their experiences of reality are subjective.

We live in a dualistic veil and you can't expect everything to resonate with the same phase here.

As far as telepathy goes, I've only experienced it a few times and I have encountered two main types, 2+ way telepathy where we spoke via thoughts in English. This has happened with as many as 5 persons and only words were exchanged. They were really no different from spoken words with the exception of not hearing them in the usual way. More like listening to music with headphones but the sound emanates from within your own skull. The other kind is more tactile and emphatic. No words just feelings and tactile sensations Of movement of subtle rLung/wind/energy in the body and associated feelings and emotional connotations. Other times people project thoughts and you can notice their intent in multiple not so paranormal ways.

English is an ugly lingua franca, and it may be a language any fool can learn (though it can be difficult because there are so many damn exceptions to the grammatical rules.) However english has over 1000000 (1 million words) In fact it has more words than any other language. This is because in English we take on loanwords and use them as subtly different colorations of an existing term. We have lots of words to express like of something or happiness, and each has it's own connotations, feel, and emotional weight. All of these attributes are quite (although not entirely) subjective. Other languages are not more or less limited in being able to express themselves, but with a language like Japanese with only about 15000 words, you have to be more poetically inclined to describe some things.

Lots of words is a gift as much as it is a curse. Thinking paints it good or bad. Language is just a means of conveying an idea. Not always exactly. Math is more a more accurate language if you want exactness...

Ellis D'Empty
#5 Posted : 9/17/2010 6:47:57 PM

Snirfneblin

Thanks, Ur, for the reply, I agree with you on the whole. (I'm just not 'smart' enough to explain it in those terms)

With the telepathy, I also have only truly 'experienced' it once, and that was on DXM. With DMT, although I've never had a true breakthrough (I was to afraid to let it take hold of my conscious) I've never experienced telepathy on it or any other 'drug'. I can, and will, say that I'm very adapt at recognizing peoples true feelings/expressions even though they try and portray others. Although this is just in my own world, and my own thoughts obviously misconstru(sp) the others to my own adaptations of what they're meaning. But I've been told I'm very intuitive....

I wonder then, what would a journey, between mutual close friends, with DMT provide? With DXM and then DMT? Seeing as I haven't many "mutual close friends" who also agree with my thoughts on these superb chemicals, I can't rightfully experiment (at least not for awhile), and would love others (who have or will do this) to comment on their experiences.

Bill Cipher
#6 Posted : 9/17/2010 7:19:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kevyn The Khem wrote:
Language in itself is not bad, but what english does, is simplify everything so even the "dumbest" can understand.

I don't know about that. I'm a big fan of the word, and there have been some good ones strung together in English from time to time.

William Shakespeare wrote:
To be or not to be– that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And, by opposing, end them. To die, to sleep
No more – and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to – ‘tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep
To sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th’ oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
The pangs of disprized love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th’ unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience doth make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprises of great pith and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action.—Soft you now!
The fair Ophelia! Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remembered.

...just by way of example.

Words are just symbols, and symbols can never be the things we use them to represent - but they're the best we've got during our tenure as meat suit wearing monkeymen. After shuffling off this mortal coil perhaps we'll be able to do better, but don't hate on the word. When strung together in just the right order, they can make some beautiful music.

WSaged
#7 Posted : 9/17/2010 7:28:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kevyn The Khem wrote:
Language in itself is not bad, but what english does, is simplify everything so even the "dumbest" can understand.

So only the intelligent people should be able to communicate with each other?

And why is the English language to blame here?
If we were all speaking (typing... Rolling eyes ) in German, French, or Sanskrit, would that be better for you?
Are any of those catering to the stupid?

What about the people who can speak & understand multiple languages?
They must be destroying the whole universe!!

Kevyn The Khem wrote:
I feel that you can get just as much, if not more, expression out of "grunting in different tones with different facial expressions etc" than speaking in english

....Really?

ugh..wha...grt...mmmphhh...

ya know what I mean?Rolling eyes

Just wondering...
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellis D'Empty
#8 Posted : 9/18/2010 2:51:55 AM

Snirfneblin

WSaged wrote:
Kevyn The Khem wrote:

So only the intelligent people should be able to communicate with each other?
Ahh, no I mean that the language is MAKING people dumb, by explaining everything people don't need to use their brains to figure out what the other(s) is/are saying.

And why is the English language to blame here?
If we were all speaking (typing... Rolling eyes ) in German, French, or Sanskrit, would that be better for you?
Are any of those catering to the stupid?
I blame the english language, because it's what I know. I cannot speak on any other languages (although I've 'learned' parts of many) although I do know that most (I say most because I don't know exact) other languages "simplify" what your trying to convey as a message, and the rest is filled in by your own brain... No it wouldn't be better for me, because I don't understand those languages...

What about the people who can speak & understand multiple languages?
They must be destroying the whole universe!!
They might be Pleased

Kevyn The Khem wrote:
I feel that you can get just as much, if not more, expression out of "grunting in different tones with different facial expressions etc" than speaking in english

....Really?

ugh..wha...grt...mmmphhh...

ya know what I mean?Rolling eyes

Well, expression in text is a lot different than speaking in person. Although I will say that I did take it to far there Smile

Just wondering...
WS

I'm not saying people who speak English are dumb (the creators I believe were just trying to create a language which can be used to explain, although I've never done research on it), I'm saying it's a stupid language. It's slow, and detailed, which, can be either good, or bad. As everyone has their own opinions I cannot speak from anyone but myself, and I think that the spoken sounds of English are in direct opposition to natural harmony. I don't believe English can be made into "beautiful music" as the true music behind "songs" is the instruments/ambient sounds of the song. Now, tones and pitches can always be different, but the actual "sound" that the letters "make" when spoken... just sound like blah bullshit to me.

Simply singing, to me, sounds much more attuned to the earth/nature harmony in about any other language other than English/German... but that's just me.

michaell
#9 Posted : 9/18/2010 3:55:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

actually the main difference in "complexity" between humans and a really smart chimpanzee is not necessarily intelligence, it is likely because of the development of language in humans from what i read. without language it is very hard to communicate ideas (its easy to convey ideas and emotions that come natural such as sexual desire ,fear ,other emotions but its hard to convey the type of ideas that are required to work together to build large complex societies ). it was the invention of language that caused humans to create societies much more complex than those of animals(while intelligence of humans also played a role). although some non-human primates and some non primates form groups , the size of these groups is limited by the lack of language.

that being said : i speak the english language, and there are several aspects of it i hate. what i hate the most is that most of the people who speak english tend to prefer slow speech. however , i hate speaking slow because i find it takes too long to convey an idea, i just want to somehow throw the idea out there instead of having to articulate and use slow speech.

Electric.Sight
#10 Posted : 9/19/2010 12:44:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm with you on this one Kev!
I've been having similar thoughts recently, ever find yourself in a situation where you need to communicate to someone who doesn't speak the same language?
I found it quite easy to accomplish, because we have so many sources of sensual input, not only audio.
I simply communicated to this person using body language and let my intentions do the speaking.

Vibes, Feelings and Intentions go so much further than simple words.
To explain the universe around us with a weak system of unique sounds we have given some special meaning to only over complicates everything. We all place different meanings to different words, three people can hear the same sentence and interpret it even more than three individual ways.

Emotions are pure, driving us to make instinctual decisions based on the sensual input present. It's difficult when this input is limited to only one sense.
Trust in what you feel, not only what you know!
Disclaimer: All Entheogens and other research materials are not for Human consumption! I have researched by text the effects of consuming such things in case of accidental consumption. I have never actually consumed any of the materials I speak about and it should be assumed I'm speaking hypothetically. I have a wild imagination.

camdemonium
#11 Posted : 9/19/2010 7:49:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend had a dream saying aliens are communicating with us using our thoughts. But then whose thoughts are they? Laughing
Om Mani Padme Hum

WSaged
#12 Posted : 9/19/2010 8:19:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

camdemonium wrote:
My friend had a dream saying aliens are communicating with us using our thoughts.

In which language?Laughing

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellis D'Empty
#13 Posted : 9/19/2010 9:00:12 PM

Snirfneblin

WSaged wrote:
camdemonium wrote:
My friend had a dream saying aliens are communicating with us using our thoughts.

In which language?Laughing

WS

Hahah I had a good laugh at that, thanks.

And ES, yes that's exactly what I'm saying Smile